Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's a HUUUGE size disparity between Welterweights and Super welterweight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    I remember when Keith Thurman was coming up, before he fought for a title and was taking fights at 150, 149, 151 etc, there were people here claiming he was too big to make welter lol
    Yeah, everybody does that. Floyd did that too. They all will fight higher until they have to go lower
    What surprises me about posters, is they quibble about a guy weighing 174 for a 160 fight.

It's like they don't realize what guys really walk around at. A jr middle could be 190 and not even look fat when he's not training.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
      Yeah, and every one of those 154 ******* could fight at 160, and they don't because they would get bullied
      but who's at 160 besides GGG and Jacobs? I don't see a charlo or Andrade getting bullied by the likes of andy lee, billy joe, n'dam, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        Shawn Porter - 5'6 1/2 156 lbs
        Keith Thurman - 5'7 1/2 156 lbs
        Errol Spence - 5'9 1/2 159 lbs
        Kell Brook - 5'9 158 lbs
        Danny Garcia - 153 lbs

Then we have Jr. Middle Weights.

Andrade - 6'1 169
        Jermall - 6'1 162
        Jermell - 6'0 - 160
        Lara - 5'10 - 166
        Liam Williams - 5'11 162

The only fighters capable of atleast competing at JMW is Errol spence and Kell Brook, and even then their out sized by a huge margin.
        Tommy Hearns and Ray Leonard would smack these little guys around

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
          Yeah, and every one of those 154 ******* could fight at 160, and they don't because they would get bullied
          I've never understood this viewpoint.

If a fighter can and is willing to train hard, cut weight, and be in shape for both the weigh-in and on fight night...why shouldn't they?

Moreover why should we - the fans - hold it against them? It's not my fault JCC Jr. is lazy or that Canelo is as good as he is at a young age (when cutting weight is easier). No reason to hold this over their heads like it's a negative; it's not.

Comment

Working...
          X