Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Arum wants Lomachenko to become a star he must fight M. Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More importantly fellas, fans and Garcia have been making the noise.

Shouldn't we wait until Loma or Klimas actually have an opinion on this?

Comment

Arum: Lomachenko is Intrigued By Prospect of Fighting Gamboa

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-loma...gamboa--111973

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Mikey is way more known than Lomachenko. This isn't even debatable. His Mexican fan base alone makes him more known
        It is debatable. You're talking about the US only

Basically you're saying every boxer who wants to be a star has to fight Mexicans?

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
          It is debatable. You're talking about the US only

Basically you're saying every boxer who wants to be a star has to fight Mexicans?
          In the smaller divisions, yes. De La Hoya was a made star before he even fought his first professional fight. You can say he was a gold medal winner but so were many other American fighters before him. The only one that could compare to they hype of De La Hoya coming out of the Olympics is probably Ray Leonard. Mexicans have a loyal built in fan base. It's not a coincidence the two Mexican holidays are the biggest weekends of boxing.

And of course I'm talking about in the U.S. If being a star in Ukraine meant anything Lomachenko would be fighting there. If you're a star in the U.S. you're an international star.

Comment

remember when lomachenko was ducking walters, remember when lomachenko-walters was a 50-50 fight? lol they are talking about this fight when they know they won't be doing any bussines together, not when involves to big names unlike crawford-molina jr

Comment

First off maybe in your world you think mikey is more known, but in reality loma is the new face of hbo he's much more known not only in the us but around the world he's a bigger star google can even back this up, -and not every Mexican knows of mikey either most Mexicans are causals and only watch boxing for pride and mikey isn't a superstar or even a star yet for them to know I was talking to a few canelo fans I know irl the other day about Mikey's fight and they didn't even know him.
              So it's the complete other way around.

Comment

Next time check facts before lookin uninformed

https://www.google.com/trends/explor...%2Fm%2F0bmg8jz

Mikey is NO WHERE near loma not even close

Comment

Google trends... hehe. Filter for US only and you will see that Mikey is very close. In fact bigger than Lomo. By a bit, but bigger

Comment

Not sure Mikey's that kind of draw, certainly not presently. If we're talking down the line, then perhaps. I do doubt Mikey fights either Loma or Crawford. Loma probably isn't moving up to 35 for a bit and by the time he does, Mikey will be at 140 and Crawford will have moved to 47. 3 different sized fighters frankly and I don't see them meeting on equal terms anytime soon unless one goes out of his way to make it possible (Loma moving up very soon or Mikey moving up very soon).

Comment

So if Loma needs Mikey to become a star, who does Mikey need to become one himself?

Mikey co-headlined the Frampton/LSC 2 and it did 643K at peak, while Loma vs Walters did 761K without any supporting undercard.

That looks like Mikey is the one who needs somebody to become a star, doesn't it?

Personally, I would like to see this fight ASAP before Mikey moves up to 140, which seems not far away.

Comment

Working...
                      X