Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia: I Want Unifications, Maybe Go To 140 By Year's End

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garcia belongs at 140 but he will wait until Crawford moves up! Garcia is a good fighter but he's not on Crawford's level. I think Garcia/Broner would be a good match at 140. Garcia is stuck between rock & a hard place with Crawford one weight class above & Loma one weight class below moving up soon! If you're Mikey, which way do you go?

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
      Are you talking about Verdejo?
      Verdejo is too green. He's not ready for Mikey right now although I'm sure he'd give him lots of trouble in the early rounds just because of his hand speed and feet movement.

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
        If you know Kigali even a little, you know what it is.
        I'll give him some extra names Mikey aint got no chance against.
        Verdejo, Barthelemy, Indongo, Davis, Cherry, Theophane, Lundy, Dulorme, Broner hell, add Anthony Peterson and Vivian Harris on there.
        I was hoping it was boxing related. I'm just saying, Commey had no problem getting close to Easter and Mikey has a much better jab.

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
          Verdejo is too green. He's not ready for Mikey right now although I'm sure he'd give him lots of trouble in the early rounds just because of his hand speed and feet movement.
          The only two guys I see at lightweight with better than Mikey speed, are jr lightweights. Loma and Tank.

Comment

Apart from Crawford, Mikey Garcia will silent every one at 140 including Broner.

Comment

I want to see Mikey in a career-defining fight against an A-level fighter now. I don't expect it to be next, but later in 2017 if he fights three times this year as he should.

Crawford or Lomachenko are options if Top Rank accepts to do business with him. Linares in a unification fight may be the more realistic option and a excellent fight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Winner of Linares vs Crolla then Robert Easter Jr make it happen!
                Easter is easier to make if go him first Linares/ Crolla and Flanagan aren't gonna gonna be in a hurry to see Garcia after he just destroyed the number 1 guy in the division after Linares( who wasn't in a rush to get in with either so he gave up his strap)...

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
                  Garcia is slow as a snail. He'll have trouble when he faces guys with better hand speed.
                  I agree he struggles against top elite technical fighters like Crawford or lamo

Comment

I would like to see Garcia vs Linares next. He's got the skills, length, and speed to give Garcia a good fight.

I would throw in Easter Jr it's just he's so big for the division it's just a matter of time before he moves up in weight.

Flanagan had a tough Petrov fight but if he wins has Verdejo mandatory next.

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
                      If you know Kigali even a little, you know what it is.
                      I'll give him some extra names Mikey aint got no chance against.
                      Verdejo, Barthelemy, Indongo, Davis, Cherry, Theophane, Lundy, Dulorme, Broner hell, add Anthony Peterson and Vivian Harris on there.
                      And I will call you a FOOL and a LIAR!!!! When they fight I GUARANTEE you'll be a lil BI@TCH and won't back your talk up.... But if you do decide to be that ******. I'll call you my 401K plan. Because your an idiot who I'll make a ton of $$$$ off of.

Comment

Working...
                      X