Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao has a better resume than Duran!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
    In addition to the above, Junior Jones had beaten the *undefeated* Marco Antonio Barrera TWICE before Pacquiao got his hands on him...
    With that Logic, Torrecampo has a better win because he beat an undefeated Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
      Margo fought at 154 the fight before and was coming off of a year ban
      And the Mosley beating...

Comment

PACs tip ten atg. So of course many will think he has bettwer resume than Duran.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
          I'm not going to be a snob and pretend like Pacquiao doesn't belong in the conversation with these past greats. But with Duran you have to look at the timing. You can't just list the names.

His ATG run at lightweight, victory over the #1 fighter in the world, in his prime and moving up to beat Iran Barkley with no catchweight gives him the edge.

Pac has some great wins and is an ATG in his own right but some of those wins were against past prime fighters and were at catchweights where the opponent was clearly less than 100%.
          After this post, no more needs to be said.

I think Duran, jumped from lightweight to welterweight, to beat a bonafide top ten all-time great in Sugar Ray in his prime.

I don't really think these new cats, realize, how bad Duran, Sugar, Marvin, Hearns, Benitez were. They try to pass them off as just names these days. Lol

Comment

Dude, Durán would have eaten Pac alive. And everyone nowadays.

I take you never saw him live. He was the best!

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
              After this post, no more needs to be said.

I think Duran, jumped from lightweight to welterweight, to beat a bonafide top ten all-time great in Sugar Ray in his prime.

I don't really think these new cats, realize, how bad Duran, Sugar, Marvin, Hearns, Benitez were. They try to pass them off as just names these days. Lol
              They literally have no freaking clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
                WRONG.

Margarito fought @ 154lbs in his fight prior to Pacquiao...
                against a guy you couldn't even find on google at the time, not to mention marg had just come off suspension. that whole situation was terrible that belt was handed to pac man I don't really give him credit for that 8th division.

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
                  Continuing on from the SRL-Money thread...

I want to point out that Manny has a better overall body of work compared to Duran's. Far better, actually.

Looking at Duran's signature wins, he has:
                  Jesus x2
                  Buchanan
                  SRL
                  Barkley
                  Palomino
                  Cuevas

Pacquiao, by comparison, has:
                  Barrera x2
                  Marquez x2
                  Morales x2
                  Bradley x2
                  Margarito
                  ODLH
                  Cotto
                  Hatton
                  Ledwaba
                  Not to mention a hell of a lot more quantitative quality, including being an 8-division champ as well as P4P in his late 30's.

Duran has the greater win over SRL, no comparison, but this is the same argument with Leonard-Floyd. Quality, at some point, doesn't beat the amount of quantity+quality that Floyd or Manny have.
                  Not to mention the losses that Duran also has in numbers...

Could you say that he was a better fighter than Manny? Arguably, sure, but you can't debate that his resume is inferior...
                  48ers always trying to put that atg spin on this cheater.

circus fights, catchweight fights. steroid allegations, fighting Moneys leftovers.. etc.. just give it up man. no he wasnt better than Duran

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
                    Damn Duran literally beat Jesus...twice

Some say his win over SRL is still better than beating Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
                      48ers always trying to put that atg spin on this cheater.

circus fights, catchweight fights. steroid allegations, fighting Moneys leftovers.. etc.. just give it up man. no he wasnt better than Duran
                      You're saying he isn't an ATG?

Comment

Working...
                      X