Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will ESPN Cancel the Deal with GBP SInce ODH got the DUI?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I saw some of your responses in other threads. Basically any thread that isn't pro GBP you label a troll thread. I now understand what your deal is.

You mean that other thread where the thread starter can't get anyone to agree with them?

It's just funny to see you guys get so upset about this GBP-ESPN deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      No I don't think Haymon has a contract with Schaefer right now. I think Haymon played schaefer to get the keys to the safe.
      So you think Haymon played Schaefer & Schaefer played Oscar while Oscar was getting high all the time?

I mean maybe. Or maybe Haymon decided this was the time to attempt to do what he said he could do almost two decades ago, take over boxing. And Schaefer showed himself to be a great promoter. And GBP had the brand of one of the best boxers in the game to lead that charge to take over boxing. And Schaefer would have been promoting all of Haymon's fighters via GBP owned by Haymon towards that end if Oscar had sold. Seems like a win win plan for Schaefer & Haymon. And even a W for Oscar who'd walk with $100M more in his bank account & who like I said early on I don't believe excels at the promoting business without someone at the reins anyway & might be best served being some sort of celebrity in the sport of boxing or could have been a spokeperson for this new takeover boxing entity Haymon was trying to create.

I don't even blame Haymon that was just next level genius how he stole an entire roster.
      This is one of the arguments I don't even get. The "roster" you talk about is as much Haymon's as GBP's. Haymon was the manager & GBP was the promoter. Haymon didn't steal sh^t. Those where his fighters to manage & he advised them long term promoter agreements were bad deals for them. Haymon's fighters agreed & didn't resign with GBP. GBP was in the position to keep them on a fight by fight basis or let damn near the entire talent pool of GBP walk away completely. The problem here from GBP's side might be that GBP put too much focus on Haymon fighters & didn't branch out with fighters aligned with other people besides Haymon that something like this could even happen.

Then he conspired to help Haymon steal away fighters but Oscar woke up before it was too late saved a few fighters including the most important one the superstar (Canelo) and threw lawsuits at both Haymon and Schaefer.
      LOL. Nah man thats nuts. Again Haymon can't "steal" fighters he already has a contract with himself. And Canelo wasn't going anywhere. Canelo had no connection to Haymon & to the best of my knowledge there was no attempt to create one beyond the purchase of GBP that Oscar didn't agree to.

Part of the settlement banned Schaefer from promoting for over a year.
      Being banned & fulfilling a standard non-compete clause in a business are two entirely different things. But obviously bring forth much different emotions from fans who are reading that remark. Schaefer wasn't banned from anything. He had to fulfill a non-compete clause (which likely needed to be arbitrated itself since Schaefer was signed with GBP til March 2018). These are standard in competitive businesses. I've signed non-compete clauses when I worked in the poker world & I fulfilled them. I nor Schaefer was ever banned from poker or boxing, respectively.

So Haymon went off to do his own thing with PBC and without Schaefer but that clearly was not plan A. Plan A was to buy Golden Boy and then launch his takeover with Schaefer.
      Finally we agree.

Who knows what PBC/Golden Boy or whatever it would of been called and looked like if not for Oscar's lawsuits forcing Schaefer out ect. Haymon adapted and created PBC without Schaefer.
      Schaefer wasn't forced out via a lawsuit. He quit.

[qoute]My point is regardless what Schaefer's motive's when you work for a boss you do what you are told and you keep your boss in the loop with your moves. How can anyone deny that schaefer was not doing that? Oscar suspected that the contracts were shady done behind his back and knowledge. After Schaefer was booted out we found out the contracts weren't on the up and up and that's inexcusable to have a exec conducting business like that behind his owners back let alone a so called "friend" before he brought you in to run HIS company.[/QUOTE]

Oscar was high as f#ck during this time. He was offered that buyout while he was in rehab (which was a dirt move by Haymon & you'll see me suggesting as such if you search my posts here). I don't trust Oscar to remember things he was told or not told & like I've said from the start I refuse to believe this isn't coming up in conversation between a owner & President of a company at some point & its for sure something thats viewable by a owner doing his due diligence with his company. I've seen no evidence that says Oscar was directly lied to by Schaefer about anything & occum's razor tells me Oscar was more likely to be not paying attention to basic sh^t than Richard was doing all this CIA/FBI/KGB caliber espionage to hid all these facts that would have been out in the open for any owner paying attention.

And thats my grey area on all this bs. I feel like either Oscar was too f#cked up with his addiction during this time to be a worthwhile business owner to be paying attention to the things Schaefer was telling him or Oscar was too f#cked up to do business & Schaefer decided to f#ck him over with Haymon or Oscar was too f#cked up to do business & Schaefer eventually partnered with Haymon on the up & up to do right by GBP without Oscar who had bigger problems then being bought out. But mainly I just think we don't know enough to make a call despite it being much more fun to make the call as many have done & done against Schaefer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
        You mean that other thread where the thread starter can't get anyone to agree with them?

It's just funny to see you guys get so upset about this GBP-ESPN deal.
        Now you are just flat out lying. At no point have I been upset about the GBP/ESPN deal.

Comment

• From Dan's chat today

Adriano Mariano (AZ)

Dan I knew ODLH was going to relapse and get popped.. Wowww you would think with all the feria ($) he makes, he coulda just called a taxi, or uber, or even had one of his team drive him around town.. SMH. Does this setback, in any way, put a monkey wrench into the espn2 deal w/ GBP? Freaks wanna know..
          Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak (1:01 PM)

Yes, getting a car service would be the mature thing to do. Driving drunk is just stupid. You could kill yourself but, worse, kill some innocent person also. I am not surprised by Oscar's setback. Addicts have setbacks. I was concerned because besides the TMZ videos that have come out showing that he had clearly been drinking, I was with a couple of writer friends of mine at The Forum at the post-fight party after the BHop fight last month and we were with Oscar talking and he was drinking beers. Could see this coming a mile away. I hope Oscar gets the help he needs. As for the deal with ESPN, however, I don't think it has any impact whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            From Dan's chat today
            Shocking news right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              So you think Haymon played Schaefer & Schaefer played Oscar while Oscar was getting high all the time?

I mean maybe. Or maybe Haymon decided this was the time to attempt to do what he said he could do almost two decades ago, take over boxing. And Schaefer showed himself to be a great promoter. And GBP had the brand of one of the best boxers in the game to lead that charge to take over boxing. And Schaefer would have been promoting all of Haymon's fighters via GBP owned by Haymon towards that end if Oscar had sold. Seems like a win win plan for Schaefer & Haymon. And even a W for Oscar who'd walk with $100M more in his bank account & who like I said early on I don't believe excels at the promoting business without someone at the reins anyway & might be best served being some sort of celebrity in the sport of boxing or could have been a spokeperson for this new takeover boxing entity Haymon was trying to create.

This is one of the arguments I don't even get. The "roster" you talk about is as much Haymon's as GBP's. Haymon was the manager & GBP was the promoter. Haymon didn't steal sh^t. Those where his fighters to manage & he advised them long term promoter agreements were bad deals for them. Haymon's fighters agreed & didn't resign with GBP. GBP was in the position to keep them on a fight by fight basis or let damn near the entire talent pool of GBP walk away completely. The problem here from GBP's side might be that GBP put too much focus on Haymon fighters & didn't branch out with fighters aligned with other people besides Haymon that something like this could even happen.

LOL. Nah man thats nuts. Again Haymon can't "steal" fighters he already has a contract with himself. And Canelo wasn't going anywhere. Canelo had no connection to Haymon & to the best of my knowledge there was no attempt to create one beyond the purchase of GBP that Oscar didn't agree to.

Being banned & fulfilling a standard non-compete clause in a business are two entirely different things. But obviously bring forth much different emotions from fans who are reading that remark. Schaefer wasn't banned from anything. He had to fulfill a non-compete clause (which likely needed to be arbitrated itself since Schaefer was signed with GBP til March 2018). These are standard in competitive businesses. I've signed non-compete clauses when I worked in the poker world & I fulfilled them. I nor Schaefer was ever banned from poker or boxing, respectively.

Finally we agree.

Schaefer wasn't forced out via a lawsuit. He quit.

[qoute]My point is regardless what Schaefer's motive's when you work for a boss you do what you are told and you keep your boss in the loop with your moves. How can anyone deny that schaefer was not doing that? Oscar suspected that the contracts were shady done behind his back and knowledge. After Schaefer was booted out we found out the contracts weren't on the up and up and that's inexcusable to have a exec conducting business like that behind his owners back let alone a so called "friend" before he brought you in to run HIS company.
              Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Oscar was high as f#ck during this time. He was offered that buyout while he was in rehab (which was a dirt move by Haymon & you'll see me suggesting as such if you search my posts here). I don't trust Oscar to remember things he was told or not told & like I've said from the start I refuse to believe this isn't coming up in conversation between a owner & President of a company at some point & its for sure something thats viewable by a owner doing his due diligence with his company. I've seen no evidence that says Oscar was directly lied to by Schaefer about anything & occum's razor tells me Oscar was more likely to be not paying attention to basic sh^t than Richard was doing all this CIA/FBI/KGB caliber espionage to hid all these facts that would have been out in the open for any owner paying attention.

And thats my grey area on all this bs. I feel like either Oscar was too f#cked up with his addiction during this time to be a worthwhile business owner to be paying attention to the things Schaefer was telling him or Oscar was too f#cked up to do business & Schaefer decided to f#ck him over with Haymon or Oscar was too f#cked up to do business & Schaefer eventually partnered with Haymon on the up & up to do right by GBP without Oscar who had bigger problems then being bought out. But mainly I just think we don't know enough to make a call despite it being much more fun to make the call as many have done & done against Schaefer.
              Schaefer was most definitely forced to resign and then sued shortly after. And you keep acting like selling his own company was what Oscar wanted or in his best interest. Clearly Haymon had his agenda but Schaefer worked for Oscar and shouldn't be operating in Haymon's best interest or plotting things in his own interest. He works for Golden Boy and at no point has Oscar ever given off the vibe that he was in promoting just to build a company and then sell it. 100mil sounds great if you don't care about boxing. Oscar is a life long boxer who already made hundreds of millions as a fighter and owns other company's and by all accounts took care of his money as a fighter. He's not trying to cash out or lose his company if he was he would of done so. He's already rich and worth more then 100mil. Golden Boy could fold tomorrow and he's still rich for the rest of his life. Just because someone tries to buy your car and you say no I love the car I'm not selling it don't give you the right to steal it. And then say well I was going to pay you before I stole it. LMAO

And no these weren't Haymon fighters. There was a time where they were all found, built and signed to Golden Boy. At some point along the way Haymon used his influence with Floyd and had Schaefer steering fighters to sign with him. That was part of Oscar's beef and part of the arbitration and why Oscar received a settlement. We can go back in circles all you want but Schaefer making deals for himself and Haymon was not part of his job responsibility. He had a boss, an owner and he was clearly doing things outside of what his boss wanted and knew about. When you have a roster full of home grown fighters and then a few years later coincidentally after a buy out attempt all a sudden fighters contracts are not renewed, Schaefers name appearing in key contracts as exist clause if he leaves the company and ultimately more then half the roster is not inked operating on a hand shake deal and the f'ing owner don't know about it? Don't tell me that's in Oscar's best interest. He's a promoter more because he likes being around boxing not because he's strapped for money and trying to cash out.

Oscar could of been high, drunk, killing kittens in his basement for all I care. Schaefers job and responsibility was to Golden Boy nothing you keep mentioning is in Golden Boy's best interest. There is no promotion company out there that would be ok with how Golden Boy fighters were being fed in a soup kitchen line to sign with Haymon while not re-signing with Golden Boy. We have not seen this happen in any other company before and haymon hasn't raided any other promotion company like this since. Picking up a fighter here and there from another promoter is one thing. The mass amount of fighters he got who were originally under contract with Golden Boy is unheard of. Had they been signing with Haymon and still signing with Golden Boy Oscar would not of had a problem and Schaefer would of been doing his job. If he is so chummy and cool with Haymon and they were going to keep working together regardless then no problem Haymon letting his fighters sign a contract. But the way the contracts were handled scream conspiracy with Schaefer in on it especially after the failed takeover/buy out.
              Last edited by bigdunny1; 01-27-2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                you keep acting like selling his own company was what Oscar wanted or in his best interest.
                I've never suggested Oscar wanted to sell GBP. I do feel that Oscar isn't the type of personality who thrives doing what he's doing necessarily. I kinda feel like Oscar might be best served having more intimate connections with fighters via training or managing or something along those lines. Certainly those aren't job titles as sexy as a promoter, but I believe Oscar would be searching for less happiness via intoxicants if he was doing something that fit his needs better then being this fake person all the time when he's a borderline f#cking lunatic doing blow, driving drunk as a 40 something year old millionaire for some reason, banging anything that moves & dressing like a woman on occasion.

Schaefer worked for Oscar and shouldn't be operating in Haymon's best interest or plotting things in his own interest. He works for Golden Boy and at no point has Oscar ever given off the vibe that he was in promoting just to build a company and then sell it.
                Again I fail to see how Schaefer was looking out for Haymon over Oscar by not signing guys who likely would have left GBP if forced to sign long term promoter contracts. You keep refusing to act like there was a choice between signing & not signing Haymon managed fighters with GBP when it is virtually guaranteed the real choice was Haymon managed fighters going to a fight by fight deal with GBP or they walk to a promoter willing to work with them on a fight by fight basis like I believe all or almost all of them are today.

As far as selling lets not act like Oscar was just chugging along like the rest of us during this time. Oscar was doing blow & wearing dresses & **** for a couple years previous to this. He was in f#cking rehab when the buy out offer came. I think one could easily suggest that at this time in GBP's history & Oscar's life its at least arguable that GBP would have been better handled with Haymon behind the scenes & Schaefer keep his position & Oscar getting well & maybe doing something where he's more grounded & more fitting to his level of intelligence,

100mil sounds great if you don't care about boxing. Oscar is a life long boxer who already made hundreds of millions as a fighter and owns other company's and by all accounts took care of his money as a fighter. He's not trying to cash out or lose his company if he was he would of done so.
                I do believe Oscar loves boxing & thats why he started GBP with Schaefer, but like I said above idk if the promotion business is ultimately the best fit for him or something he can do & truly feel satisfied doing. Maybe thats why he's constantly doing f#cked up sh^t with drugs & alcohol chasing that high that he's not getting from anything since he quit boxing.

And no these weren't Haymon fighters. There was a time where they were all found, built and signed to Golden Boy. At some point along the way Haymon used his influence with Floyd and had Schaefer steering fighters to sign with him.
                If a guy signed with Haymon before or after he signed with GBP doesn't really matter. The fighters we are dicussing were Haymon managed fighters & therefore not simply GBP fighters.

That was part of Oscar's beef and part of the arbitration and why Oscar received a settlement.
                Link me to the arbitration hearing transcript. From my understanding these details have never been released thus there is nothing you can link me to, but you keep acting like you got the notes or you were in the hearing or something by throwing out things none of us really know like its fact.

Comment

You keep bringing up Gary Shaw...how many shows is he even doing these days?
                  No idea, tbh. But Gary Shaw does have Bryant Jennings and other fighters under his banner, and Shaw has no other outlets, currently to push his fighters out on.

Shaw and Roc Nation, from what I remember, had a deal to merge companies (that fell apart over Shaw wanting to be the lead party for the boxing business); if RNS would get the deal, I doubt that both parties would be opposed to re-entering talks again.

RNS gets access to more talent for their dates, while Gary Shaw actually gets the chance to put his fighters on TV.

Comment

They've used those venues for smaller cards.

However, you're just conveniently leaving off other venues they've had fights at...MSG, AT&T, T-Mobile, Stubhub Center, Turning Stone, etc.
                    What's the etc, though? Just like you, I've got access to BoxRec; you remove the shows at Bellasco and Fantasy Resorts, and you've basically got the 5 shows that you've listed and not much of anything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      RN is only keeping their prospects active via throwing them on random promoter cards or letting them freelance on other promoters cards. Roc Nation only promoted 3 of Rock's 7 fights.

And didn't Shaw get sh^tcanned out of the gate?
                      Only reason RNS farms out their guys elsewhere is because they don't have the dates; if they had the TV dates, their prospects would be fighting largely on their shows.

Shaw and RNS simply couldn't come to a final understandng on the terms that they agreed to (I think Shaw wanted to have his company acquired by RNS, with he himself becoming the "boxing guy" for the entire RNS company).

Comment

Working...
                      X