No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Black Hitler - Boxing And The Anti-PBC Effect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by miked85 View Post
    The sad thing is, if the haters of Haymon did real investigative work, they would look into why one of the biggest fighters of our generation was in debt with tax issues, and needed a fight with Floyd to ease the financial stress

Especially boxing historians who watched joe louis get hammered by the IRS, but are quiet when bob arum's star is losing his money
    I have been thinking about this a lot lately. How does a fighter who's grossed between ~$500 - $600 million need money? It's really startling. I have yet to see a story asking questions about this issue. I feel bad for Manny at this point. Bob is trying to get the guy killed in the ring.

Comment

• Bernard Hopkins talks alot about race and boxing.

why is he so quiet about all this?

everybody has a price.

I'm still waiting on somebody to expose Dan Rafael, that guy is so anti-PBC it's disgusting. he has to be getting paid under the table.

boxing fans are no better. since when do fans become fans of networks/promoters instead of supporting boxing regardless?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
        Thomas Hauser is preparing his 4 page reply as we speak.

"Can Boxing Trust Jake Donovan?"
        hahahaha. greenk for you sir!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
          I have been thinking about this a lot lately. How does a fighter who's grossed between ~$500 - $600 million need money? It's really startling. I have yet to see a story asking questions about this issue. I feel bad for Manny at this point. Bob is trying to get the guy killed in the ring.
          this is a quote after he announced his return for Vargas:

"Boxing is my main source of income. I can’t rely on my salary as a public official,” explained Pacquiao after announcing his return to boxing.

“I’m helping the family of my wife and my own family, as well. Many people also come to me to ask for help and I just couldn’t ignore them,” he said two days ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
            the jews at disney/espn/hbo cant stand that a black harvard educated dude took floyd from them and over to showtime.... Then when he started pbc the jews at hbo and mexicans also started getting really angry.... They cant understand how a black guy can convince wall street into investing almost 1 billion dollars into a dying sport like boxing.... They feel insecure because they dont run things anymore..... Props to stephen espinoza and leslie moonves of cbs/showtime for keeping boxing alive on showtime
            Les Moonves is Jewish Bruh! I believe Espinoza is too! C'mon Bruh! When they go low, we go high!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              As more information came out it became clear IMO that HBO made that deal because they had to reserve MSG for 3/18 in advance. Then they started doing the ground work for the event. Losing the purse would mean Dibella would control the venue and the date for the fight, which would have been a problem for HBO.
              But they did do Crawford vs. Molina too! Maybe it's just "wishful" thinking on my part, but I think HBO wants in on the Haymon business!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Les Moonves is Jewish Bruh! I believe Espinoza is too! C'mon Bruh! When they go low, we go high!
                yes BUT LES MOONVES HAS ALWAYS BEEN KNOWN FOR PAYING HIS TALENT TOP DOLLAR.... ON THE OTHER HAND THE DISNEY/HBO/ESPN GUYS HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO RAPE THEIR TALENT AND ALWAYS UNDER PAY THEM..... LESLIE MOONVES AND CBS DONT GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO LIE AN SMEAR PEOPLE LIKE HBO AND ESPN DO.... ESPN HAS BEEN DESTROYING PEOPLES REPUTATIONS FOR DECADES..... LESLIE MOONVES WAS ALSO THE ONE WHO PAID CHARLIE SHEEN TOP DOLLAR WHEN EVERY ONE WANTED TO BOYCOTT HIM..... THEY ALWAYS PAY THEIR TALENT WHAT THEY DESERVE.... DISNEY/HBO/ESPN ARE USED TO SUCKING THE BLOOD OUT OF THEIR TALENT AND THEN THROWING THEM OUT.... FLOYD WAS SMART AND LEFT THOSE DIRTY HBO SNAKES ON HIS OWN TERMS.... THATS WHY HAYMON AND FLOYD GET ALL THIS HATE....

Comment

• Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
                  Bernard Hopkins talks alot about race and boxing.

why is he so quiet about all this?

everybody has a price.

I'm still waiting on somebody to expose Dan Rafael, that guy is so anti-PBC it's disgusting. he has to be getting paid under the table.

boxing fans are no better. since when do fans become fans of networks/promoters instead of supporting boxing regardless?
                  After he made the comments about being happy he ruined Kelly Pavlik's life, I lost a lot of respect for Hopkins. He's been a clown in my view. As soon as he realized he wasn't getting the Stevenson fight he was right back behind Oscar cheer leading. What's funny is we can't say its for money b/c GoldenBoy is barely making any money these days. (*But the revenue this year should be much better with Khan, Smith, and Chavez on the books)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    But they did do Crawford vs. Molina too! Maybe it's just "wishful" thinking on my part, but I think HBO wants in on the Haymon business!
                    I don't think HBO minds putting on Haymon fighters when they think they will lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by original zero View Post
                      The important point is that we now have definitive proof, in writing, that Golden Boy and Ring Magazine were conspiring to create and spread anti-Haymon propaganda and strategizing on how to get that propaganda published here on boxingscene.
                      Is talking s**t about your competitors illegal or something? And very dumb when you have an ongoing lawsuit.

Pretty lame and shady of GBP, but Haymon and Schaefer essentially conspired to steal all of GBP's fighters when De La Hoya was on a coke binge.

Pretty funny how some people have a problem with shadiness from GBP but not from Haymon.

Comment

Working...
                      X