Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Black Hitler - Boxing And The Anti-PBC Effect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Hitler, *******, all that's missing is *** and GBP has themselves a BScene poster as a journalist.

But yeah it was obvious that GBP and TR started a smear campaign against Haymon. TR dropped it after Arum and Haymon settled.

Comment

The reason the media hasn't jumped on those emails is because they're afraid their emails to Golden Boy will be leaked. Bottom line!

Comment

This article seems very valid. However, I think the reason why PBC is getting more complaints from fans is because there was a ton of money available and the fights that resulted didn't match what could have been available at all. Where's Gary Russell Jr., Stevenson, most of 154 division, most of 147 division, Broner, etc. For the first 2 years, their fights have been bad mismatches. Compared to HBO, PBC/Showtime has clearly brought a better product, but it was significantly less than it could have been considering the funding available. That's my only ax to grind. Now, I think they are going to fight more often with better opposition, but we will see... With that being said, I think many have taken note to how bad HBO has been. More people subscribe to HBO than Showtime, which is why it's number are better. People don't like change and probably won't switch or buy both (even though I acknowledge that mant buy both). With continued success of putting high-quality shows on cable/Showtime, fans will vome around on their own smear campaign or not...

Comment

Thomas Hauser sold out big time.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward90 View Post
            This article seems very valid. However, I think the reason why PBC is getting more complaints from fans is because there was a ton of money available and the fights that resulted didn't match what could have been available at all.
            How much money is available? Numbers have been thrown out but the fact of the matter is nobody knows. Even the writer who has been following the court case admitted he's not sure how much money they were given. If you want to talk about tons of money and networks available look at HBO's parent company, Time Warner. PBC doesn't have more money and channels than Time Warner. And this is an issue the writer talks about. HBO is given a pass while PBC is highly scrutinized.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Rider View Post
              So basically the fact that a journalist associated with GBP called Haymon "Black Hitler" negates what are valid grievances with Haymon's practices? Get real.

Apparently the journalist is a de****able criminal and Haymon is a saint
              Those "valid grievances" have mostly been a bunch of bull****, when most of the things that these "journalists" criticize Haymon/PBC for is being done in more egregious ways by Top Rank and GoldenBoy.

Examples:
              Top Rank; Making Crawford v. Postol a PPV, or putting on Crawford v Molin. Pretty much every card Tor Rank has put on in the last year or so with the exception of Loma/Walters wasn't even worth watching. I'm still amazed that people find some way to justify the PacMan roadshow that has been going on since before the Mayweather fight.

*To Top Rank's credit it has some amazing prospects that we need to see more of.

And GoldenBoy is simply a joke of an organization at this point. They continue to put on these spectacles w/ Canelo fighting anybody he can to make a buck (Khan, Smith, Chavez) while avoiding competition. While the rest of the company is completely non-existent. Those FS1 cards were completely garbage (and I watched a few just to support boxing). And people are acting like a Lemieux/Stevens fight is worth top billing.

I don't see how anyone can not objectively see that GBP is a joke.

Yes the PBC has had its issues with competitive fights during their rollout stage, but if we look at the last six months and then look six months ahead, it's the only one of the 3 big players that is giving us boxing that is worth talking about.

Where is the praise from the journalists? Those "valid grievances" aren't valid anymore. (Not that they ever really were)
              Last edited by Butch.McRae; 01-24-2017, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Thank you boxingscene for this article exposing the racist golden girl and oscarina de la **** agenda...... Now lets hope dirty snakes like dan rafael and steve kim are shamed into discussing this but i wont hold my breath....

Comment

Originally posted by geokis88 View Post
                  Thomas Hauser sold out big time.
                  Yes, yes he did.
                  Being employed by hbo but continuing to be a journalist is crazy. It gives this article more validity.

Read this one on him:

http://boxingbuzz.sportsblog.com/posts/4261292/can-boxing-trust-thomas-hauser-.html

Comment

Originally posted by motorcity cobra View Post
                    how much money is available? Numbers have been thrown out but the fact of the matter is nobody knows. Even the writer who has been following the court case admitted he's not sure how much money they were given. If you want to talk about tons of money and networks available look at hbo's parent company, time warner. Pbc doesn't have more money and channels than time warner. And this is an issue the writer talks about. Hbo is given a pass while pbc is highly scrutinized.
                    its none of your or any fans business how much money haymon and pbc have.... Why do you care? Just enjoy the great fights coming up

Comment

Originally posted by geokis88 View Post
                      thomas hauser sold out big time.
                      that dirty snake has always been on hbo payroll. Just a few years ago he was saying floyd will never finish his 6 fight deal with showtime... He also said floyd will never fight canelo..... He also said yuri forman was a great rags to riches story but floyd mayweather is not.... I sense a pattern....

Comment

Working...
                      X