Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Mayweather's Own Trend Backfire on Him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    what exactly was Floyd implying when he said he didnt pay off judges? Was he implying that Haymon bribed the judges on behalf of Degale?
    That would be my guess. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
      I honestly thought Badou Jack beat DeGale a few nights ago and that the draw wasn't horrible, but I could see Jack taking 7 or maybe even 8 of the rounds. So when Mayweather freaked out after the fight, I can understand that. After DeGale AND Bute, Jack can't seem to get a fair shake.

However, given that there is sometimes a trend to score for guys who use a lot more movement as having ring generalship although that has nothing to do with it and given that it's possible Mayweather's own popularity had to do with this trend even starting, did his own trend backfire on his fighter, given that Jack is a come forward aggressive guy and DeGale is the one who moves and backs up a lot more and seemed to get the benefit of the doubt for that fight?
      I can understand some people thinking Jack won the fight but to claim he got 7 or 8 rounds is a joke, right? DeGale clearly won 4-5 rounds on almost all cards. Most of the media had him up come round 6, that too with the KD. So I don't see how Jack wins 8 rounds at all.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
        No I think Jack won his rounds more emphatically and inflicted more damage so it gave the appearance that he won the fight. But when you analyze the fight on a round by round basis and add up the points it's a close fight that could've gone either way.

Jack won the fight but not the boxing match. Decision was fair.
        spot on ^. Over and over again on this site people lose track of the fact that boxing is scored round by round and not on damage.

Comment

Mayweather was never been out punched by his opponents besides the first Castillo Fight. The Bute and Degale fight reminds me of the first Marquez-Pacman first 2 fights. Marquez out punched Pacquioa in both of their fights, and the judges gave it a draw and a win for Pacman respectively.

Badou Jack clearly won that fight. Degale was younger, and the bigger star in this fight just like the judges giving the fight to Pacquiao because he is younger than JMM, and the more popular fighter.
          Last edited by RomanReigns; 01-21-2017, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X