Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Mayweather's Own Trend Backfire on Him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
    Scoring is subjective. It really is whatever the three judges like, from fight to fight.
    Great avatar. Joe is the man!

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
      Mayweather is behind 9/11 too, google 9/11 and the Mayweathers
      TMT means Al Qaeda in Arabic.

Comment

pretty easy to score for me. Jack won.

Comment

Mayweather has never, ever fought the way DeGale did. Even when he danced he relied more on single scoring shots than ineffective flurries to steal rounds.

In no way is DeGale part of any trend Mayweather started. If anything his style was the antithesis of the Mayweather style.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
            No I think Jack won his rounds more emphatically and inflicted more damage so it gave the appearance that he won the fight. But when you analyze the fight on a round by round basis and add up the points it's a close fight that could've gone either way.

Jack won the fight but not the boxing match. Decision was fair.
            Spot on. Fans are always quick to scream robbery when one guy clearly did more damage, but you have to go round by round. I thought Jack won, but the decision can be justified and the scores fell within the right range.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
              No I think Jack won his rounds more emphatically and inflicted more damage so it gave the appearance that he won the fight. But when you analyze the fight on a round by round basis and add up the points it's a close fight that could've gone either way.

Jack won the fight but not the boxing match. Decision was fair.
              Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Mayweather has never, ever fought the way DeGale did. Even when he danced he relied more on single scoring shots than ineffective flurries to steal rounds.

In no way is DeGale part of any trend Mayweather started. If anything his style was the antithesis of the Mayweather style.
              I agree with both of these points.

Comment

James degale came back strong in last few rounds, so atleast in my scorecard he was ahead coming into the 12th round
                A draw was the right result

Comment

I would say no, because the narrative that existed around Mayweather, and currently exists around guys like Ward doesn't exist for DeGale. Nobody thinks that DeGale is such a great boxer that they automatically give close or low action rounds.

Which brings me to the second point which is that there were no low action rounds in that fight that I can remember. Some were quieter than others but it was a pretty violent affair throughout.

A major reason for that is DeGale's unwillingness or inability to tie his opponent up when he's been cornered. He trades on the inside and never holds. That is to his credit in my opinion. But Floyd and Ward would not do that unless they had a 90-10 type advantage in the inside exchanges. Floyd, particularly in his late career, held at every opportunity on the inside and let the ref do the work. DeGale doesn't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

Thank you!!!! I thought I was taking crazy pills for a moment there.

Comment

what exactly was Floyd implying when he said he didnt pay off judges? Was he implying that Haymon bribed the judges on behalf of Degale?

Comment

Working...
                      X