Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do Boxing Fans Get Offended When Fans Get Excited About Young Fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
    Let's not act as if it doesn't go both ways

The same people boosting Davis were ****ting on Loma until recently, and he's like the most difficult boxer to hate ever
    name some names esse...

Consequences!

Comment

The same people boosting Davis were ****ting on Loma until recently, and he's like the most difficult boxer to hate ever

I think it's two separate issues though. (For the record I'm a Lomatard so this doesn't necessarily apply to me)

Loma is rated in the top 3 on some pound for pound lists so some folks are criticizing that status because of his lack of body of work thus far. (I personally have him in the top 5 because I think he's that good but can understand somebody wanting to see more)

Davis appears on nobody's p4p list, has headlined no fights, has beaten one, top 10 contender, has far less amateur experience, has no Olympic experience and has yet to enter his prime.

Why are we even mentioning these fighters in the same post?

Comment

Respectfully, NSB has gotten to the point that any fair criticism is labeled "hate" even when hate doesn't exist.

Loma's skills have never been questioned. When the initial fight with Walters broke down he got some criticism that was fair. When the rigo CW was being discussed he got some criticism.

Sometimes fighters do things that deserve criticism or they do things that not everyone agrees with. It should be ok to respectfully disagree without it being labeled hate.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
          Canelo at 22 was a better fighter and a bigger box office sell at 22 than Gervonta Davis. Isn't that common sense?
          Gervonta Davis at 22 is the same as Canelo at 22. Lomachenko isn't much of a sell, Davis isn't a sell. Canelo is a sell, Mayweather is much more of a sell, same situation. We have an unproven undefeated prospect asked to fight the guy next to him who has a good resume. Yet you are afraid because of "TOO YOUNG! TOO INEXPERIENCED! NO!"

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            You have morons using threads like "Trinidad vs Spence" When Spence is absolutely unproven. And with replies "I don't know, it's a close fight" Even though spence has done nothing. If Algerie keeps on hitting Spence with the left hook, what do you think would happen if Thurman hits spence with a left hook?

You have spence weghing up to 160 pounds fight night. He is an unproven weight bully.
            Trinidad was dropped by David Reid. Why is it absurd to think that today's fighters can bang with him?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Respectfully, NSB has gotten to the point that any fair criticism is labeled "hate" even when hate doesn't exist.

Loma's skills have never been questioned. When the initial fight with Walters broke down he got some criticism that was fair. When the rigo CW was being discussed he got some criticism.

Sometimes fighters do things that deserve criticism or they do things that not everyone agrees with. It should be ok to respectfully disagree without it being labeled hate.
              "That was fair" How was it Lomas fault when he offered 500,000 + 300,000 if Walters?

Comment

Gervonta Davis at 22 is the same as Canelo at 22. Lomachenko isn't much of a sell, Davis isn't a sell. Canelo is a sell, Mayweather is much more of a sell, same situation. We have an unproven undefeated prospect asked to fight the guy next to him who has a good resume. Yet you are afraid because of "TOO YOUNG! TOO INEXPERIENCED! NO!"
                Are you serious? Canelo had more than double the number of fights!!!

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                  Trinidad was dropped by David Reid. Why is it absurd to think that today's fighters can bang with him?
                  Why is it absurd to make a fantasy fight between an unproven prospect with leaky defense with an HOF that fought with one of the best in his time and goes through to the 12 round against a natural light heavyweight? You tell me.

Comment

"That was fair" How was it Lomas fault when he offered 500,000 + 300,000 if Walters?
                    The fight broke down over Walters weight. Remember he came in above 16 and lost the belt. Then Loma suggested Rigo move up to fight him at a CW. Some posters then questioned why would Loma not go up and then call someone up.

I thought it was reasonable to discuss this. if you think this equates to "hating" Loma, then I think you are being very sensitive for no reason.

Comment

Why is it absurd to make a fantasy fight between an unproven prospect with leaky defense with an HOF that fought with one of the best in his time and goes through to the 12 round against a natural light heavyweight? You tell me.
                      Trinidad was an unproven prospect with leaky defense at one point in his career too

Dudes act like these fighters just come into the game as ATGs. No. There is a career progression which varies from fighter to fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X