Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Not Looking to Make Gervonta Davis-Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd says what EVERY promoter does for years , he isn't different or special in that regards , we get the best fighting the best so rarely now days its annoying but in THIS case i agree , the guy is young and took a mega risky fight vs undefeated champion and won , can he go after the best fighter around his weight class next ? sure , but its okay to defend that belt and improve your boxing , he is going to lose as it is now , why are we going after floyd and this kid ? he just fought as an underdog and won! where are the Canelo/GBP dodging all day ? where are the 147 boys ???? whom for years avoided each other waiting for Floyd to pickup the phone ? how we never got Thurman vs Brook unification ?
    Let him do his thing for a year/two while keeping up good comp and then if he think he can do it go after the elite.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      Who was Loma fighting at 22?

Tank gets embarrassed by a lot of guys NOW....but down the rode will be a different story.

Loma gets hit too m'friend.
      Glad you at least admit this kid gets embaraased by a lot of fighters including loma. No guarantee what will happen in the future but we both agree right now loma schools him and he's the best at that weight and Davis handlers don't want it because they know loma smashes this kid. Thats my point. And who is to say if they wait another year or 2 Davis is any better to beat loma? I can name tons of fighters who had holes at 22 that exist age 24 or 26 ect.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
        "he's too young, he's 22, let him learn his ABC's first" that's how the people defending this stance sound like.

marinating is why people are universally disgusted with boxing.

fans chant "we want this guy to fight this guy". then boxing says "relax, how about you watch the same guy fight another guy, what's the rush?"

"Loma is too good, he'll destroy him" that's settled in the damn ring.

but carry on.
        Match making really started in the early 2000's. At least we got a Pac-Barrera fight back in 03 when hardcore fans started for Pacquiao to move up to fight barrera, but after 06 cherry picking really started to kill the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post

If his name were Tank Davisovic for Bumf*kistan they'd be "he's just 22...let him mature"
          "let the kid get his feet wet first"

Lmao yep. They use the Canelo too young he's still growing excuse to let him off the hook about going to 160 but it's different when you're black. They let Canelo fight welterweights.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            Glad you at least admit this kid gets embaraased by a lot of fighters including loma. No guarantee what will happen in the future but we both agree right now loma schools him and he's the best at that weight and Davis handlers don't want it because they know loma smashes this kid. Thats my point. And who is to say if they wait another year or 2 Davis is any better to beat loma? I can name tons of fighters who had holes at 22 that exist age 24 or 26 ect.
            Erik Morales was just 24 years old when he had to fight a 26 year old Barrera. Pacquiao was only 24 years old when he had to fight a 28 year old Barrera. There is no such thing thing as "rushing" too much.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              You just seem jealous bro. Why you hating so hard on a 22 year old who's doing better than you. That's all you do on here is hate and annoy people. You so annoying and lame that you stole another dudes name on here. If you can't predict the future shut up. Of Course Loma smashes him you moron he's only 22 right now. They'd be a fool to put him in there w p4p best at age 22. What other promoter would do something that crazy. Heck Canelo vacated the belt to stay away from one of the most dangerous fighters and y'all was perfectly fine with that

Comment

Consider him a contender with a belt.He needs fine tuning.Some guys get better with a loss and it ruins other guys.His prime is 3 or 5 years from now.I agree with Floyd here.He's not ready for Lomachenko.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                  Erik Morales was just 24 years old when he had to fight a 26 year old Barrera. Pacquiao was only 24 years old when he had to fight a 28 year old Barrera. There is no such thing thing as "rushing" too much.
                  We talking about 22? At 22 Pacquia and Morales were facing bums. Guys with 5-10 losses and That's fact.. In his 17th fight Pacquia fought a guy that was 0-2 Davis beat a champion. You not a promoter never been a promoter and never will be , so how the heck can you say there is no such thing as rushing? When I'm pretty sure all promoters feel the same about there prospects.
                  Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 01-16-2017, 10:20 AM.

Comment

if hes not ready for the best why would people pay to see him/want to follow him? i'm really going to watch you for 3-5 years in the hopes that you will someday be good...or i can watch someone who is good now.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      if hes not ready for the best why would people pay to see him/want to follow him? i'm really going to watch you for 3-5 years in the hopes that you will someday be good...or i can watch someone who is good now.
                      Same reason y'all follow Canelo lol who's he facing next? Probably rematch Josesito Lopez.

Comment

Working...
                      X