Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Not Looking to Make Gervonta Davis-Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't need him to fight Lomachenko straight away, but he needs to stay at the top level of competition beneath Lomachenko now that he has a belt. A year down the line and 2 more wins and they can look at Lomachenko. Pacquiao fought Barrera 18 months after his breakout win over Ledwaba. Dare to be great and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      floyd gonna floyd lol
      What does that mean ?

Comment

Floyd Mayweather becoming a promoter is the worst thing that can happen to boxing. Mark my words, Old ass Arum will pass away and we wont feel the difference.

Comment

No shocker here. Floyd continuously says his motto is fight smarter not harder. In other words he will line his fighters up to make money against decent competition but won't put them in a situation where they'd be an overwhelming underdog.

Comment

I will make him rich and boring, just like MeMeMayweather!

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
              That's not even a comparison, Lomachenko was experienced ATG in amateurs (yes, he's already ATG in amateur boxing, probably the best amateur boxer ever), when he entered pro boxing, his amateur resume was the reason why he was able to get a good contract and demand title shot as soon as possible, Davis is 22 y.o and not experienced

It's obvious that he needs to get more experience and develop his career slow, he's not an amateur boxing prodigy, but boxing fans is probably one of the most ******ed fanbases in the world and they just don't understand basic stuff like that

There's no point for both Loma and Davis to make that fight
              Jose was a paper champ and the weak link belt holder. Was a low top 10 ranked fighter at best at that weight. Loma is considered the true champ at his weight. When you say there is no point for both that's pure BS. fight makes sense for Loma who would take the fight in a second and add Davis scalp to his resume. Davis not fighting him now is only in his best interest. I got no problem with him not fighting Loma because I haven't seen anyone who thinking he will win that fight. As long as he fights guys comparable or better then Jose fans will be OK with it. But if he starts protecting that paper belt and fighting bums ducking top contenders and other more relevant title holders it will be a problem. But ducking Loma for a few years and praying for him to move up so he never faces him is a no brainer.

Comment

The only thing he is obligated to do is fight his mandatories. He's 22, already achieved more than most dudes 5 years older than him and isn't a household name yet.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  we want to build that bank account. so hes telling everyone he doesn't want his guy to fight the best and just wants easy money. floyd is a cancer on boxing. hes the exact opposite of how it should work. fighters should be paid well for taking risks. not paid well for not taking risks.
                  100% right!

Comment

Not sure why people are upset about this. There was no way he was going into a Loma fight right now. With that said, Floyd hasn't been known for giving his guys any real soft touches. The TMT fighters usually fight some good competition so I'm not sure what the hate is for. I guess people would rather have promoters like Arum and Oscar lie about their guys taking on all comers and then having the fights not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      Jose was a paper champ and the weak link belt holder. Was a low top 10 ranked fighter at best at that weight. Loma is considered the true champ at his weight. When you say there is no point for both that's pure BS. fight makes sense for Loma who would take the fight in a second and add Davis scalp to his resume. Davis not fighting him now is only in his best interest. I got no problem with him not fighting Loma because I haven't seen anyone who thinking he will win that fight. As long as he fights guys comparable or better then Jose fans will be OK with it. But if he starts protecting that paper belt and fighting bums ducking top contenders and other more relevant title holders it will be a problem. But ducking Loma for a few years and praying for him to move up so he never faces him is a no brainer.
                      Loma's comp ain't nothing to write home about either...plus Tank will be moving up himself considering his frame.

They're not praying for anybody to move up.

Comment

Working...
                      X