Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Mayweather Fires Shots at Oscar De La Hoya Over Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gonzalez_Boxing View Post
    Floyd talking **** about another fighter jumping to a different network...really?
    understand the business..floyd didnt jump he gave hbo the number he wanted repeated times. hbo failed to produce the number...just like adonis stevenson..floyd didnt even speak to showtime until hbo refused to pay his worth..showtime paid and they now have a deep budget bc of obtaining, and bc of the investment paying off.

oscar reportedly shook on a deal with showtime and then went and go a deal from hbo and didnt even let showtime attempt to match it.

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
      Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the job of a promoter to find the best deal for his fighter? So Oscar did his job and Floyd is taking shots at him?

Makes no sense. Get over and move on from Oscar Money May. It's time. What was the point of this statement??
      he's not taking shots at him getting the best deal..the issue was oscar's business practices..u dont remember the reports that showtime thought they had a deal and canelo was coming back only for oscar to go over to hbo and tell them to match their offer...no one knows if the offer was beat out, but two things are wrong here...1st he shouldnt have conveyed to showtime that they had a deal and 2ndly he didnt even grant showtime the courtisity to match the deal..

it's the same crap that stevenson got a labeled a duck for, but he actually did business the right way..he sat his number and it was reasonable and hbo refused it...but showtime accepted only after he let hbo reach the cut off date of negotiations.

Comment

While I believe Oscar to be one of the lowest forms of life, I don't think he didn't anything wrong in this scenario. Floyd left hbo who helped build him up because showtime gave him a better deal. Similarly, Canelo received some help from showtime early in his career and then went over to hbo (the same network who helped build up Oscar's career) for a better deal. Pretty similar business moves.

Comment

Fraud is nothing more than a Dindu Nuffin thug. I'm sure he supports BLM.

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
            understand the business..floyd didnt jump he gave hbo the number he wanted repeated times. hbo failed to produce the number...just like adonis stevenson..floyd didnt even speak to showtime until hbo refused to pay his worth..showtime paid and they now have a deep budget bc of obtaining, and bc of the investment paying off.

oscar reportedly shook on a deal with showtime and then went and go a deal from hbo and didnt even let showtime attempt to match it.
            Floyd isn't worth shlt. I can't remember the last fight that floyd had that was worth the admission/ppv price

Comment

He was spot on about how promoters will throw a six figure check in front of a kid who comes from poverty and he will sign away millions.

The same thing happens in the music industry.

It's a cutthroat world full of predators out there.

Comment

There's a lot of truth behind what Floyd said and a lot of hypocrisy, all in the same speech. He doesn't want to lose money on a fighter he invests in. HBO, Bob Arum, Showtime, any promoter or network wouldnt want to lose money either yet Floyd walked, Oscar, Canelo, Pacquiao, Tyson, you can hear this speech apply to him and all other fighters.

Comment

True but Floyd's being a hypocrite. Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
                    it's not about stealing canelo..it's about how oscar went behind showtime's back to sign with hbo after shaking on a deal with espinoza
                    You have proof Oscar shook on a verbal agreement?
                    Or is this just mayweather and Stephen Espinoza running their mouths? Either way, handshakes don't mean **** these days. If it's not in writing it didn't happen!
                    Mayweather needs to STFU and keep Oscar's and Canelos dick out his mouth. He has no room to talk cause he's a hypocrite, lying, two face piece of ****!

Comment

Delafishnets is a clown.

Comment

Working...
                      X