Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are GGG fans trying to get Spence to fight a bum?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logical and rational fans of a fighter want Spence to fight Brook and nobody else.. If Brook is going to take ages to agree to fight should Spence just wait!!? I mean he has waited all fall and now he has finally got a purse bid situation after 4 weeks. Be as it may, the fight won't happen until April and until then It would have been 7-8 months since he last fought..
    But Kelly seems to be chasing b1tch Khan and has said that's the fight he wants but will that be the case is to be seen..

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
      Simple question who did GGG beat for the WBC title?
      Marco Antonio Rubio's ghost.

A guy that was smoked in 30 seconds by Kofi Jantuah.

Comment

So you're cool w/Spence not fighting for a year?
        Aight

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
          I don't think Khan will fight Brook. I also don't think Brook will stay at 147 unless the fight is a huge earner i.e the Khan fight.

I think he will vacate. I don't mind if he vacates and moves up for a fight with the champions at 154. I'll be disappointed if he goes up and fights someone like Liam Smith.
          Smith is with Warren so we know that's not happening. If he won't fight Spence because he isn't a big enough name what names at 154 are bigger than Spence? Lara? Andrade? Charlo's? Trout? The 154 talk makes absolutely no sense if the reasoning for him not fighting 147 is to get bigger names. All the bigger names are at 147. Thurman, Garcia, Porter, Pacquiao, Bradley...this 154 talk makes no sense

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          honest question, what the fuck are you talking about? why GGG's fans are the ones to blame here? i read your post twice, can't comprehend what are you trying to say.
          It's obvious you didn't click the link to the thread I posted. Thanks for playing tho. Try again

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          From a British perspective I want Brook-Khan because it would get a lot of people excited about boxing over here

Spence vs. Felix Diaz would be a good alternative and should be makeable
          People are alreadyt excited about boxing in the UK. They're buying ****ty PPV's and about to sell out Wembley stadium for Joshua/Klitschko. They think Bellew/Haye is a good fight and not the massive mismatch it really is. They bought the GGG-Brook circus. Boxing popularity in the UK isn't a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
            So you're cool w/Spence not fighting for a year?
            Aight
            Is May a year from August?

Comment

I hadn't noticed them doing that. I don't see any connection between the two boxers or any logical reason GGG fans would want Spence to fight a bum. I am a huge fan of both Spence and GGG. I have confidence in both of them being able to beat any fighter in the world their weight. Therefore I want GGG to fight the best possible middleweights and he is doing so by fighting Jacobs. I want Spence to fight the best possible welterweights so he can take their title and be the champion I think he is.

Comment

At the end of the day Spence will be the one who have to deal with losing sharpness and momentum because of the long layoff. Seems 4-6 months without any fight scheduled are just normal these days. It's obvious Brook is not going to fight Spence. How much more evidence does he need to realize he's basically waiting for nothing? The least he can do is put pressure on IBF and demand answers via simple tweets. It almost seemed like he's hoping for Brook to vacate the title. Anyways, there's nothing here. Fans need to focus on other fights.

I'm not even a GGG fan. I'll be rooting for Jacobs, to tell you the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  Marco Antonio Rubio's ghost.

A guy that was smoked in 30 seconds by Kofi Jantuah.
                  I'm taking about the WBC title that Canelo surrendered.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                    honest question, what the fuck are you talking about? why GGG's fans are the ones to blame here? i read your post twice, can't comprehend what are you trying to say.
                    I think what he's suggesting is that Spence would plow through Brook and that GGG fans are aware of this and afraid that GGG would look less impressive by comparison.

Not sure though tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                      I'm taking about the WBC title that Canelo surrendered.
                      when a "champion" vacates their title (or is stripped) if there is a current interim champ at the time then they are automatically elevated to full champ

Comment

Working...
                      X