No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara Knocks Out Yuri Foreman in Four Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Red-Cyclone View Post
    I wasn't blaming Lara for the performance I was more annoyed at how Lara was fighting a guy like Foreman, Lara is type of guy who should at the very least be fighting guys in the top 20 every fight he has because it was obvious Foreman stood absolutely no chance.

Lara was playing with him he had absolutely nothing to fear.
    Agreed. And it was precisely because Lara had nothing to fear that I was annoyed he didn't engage more in the first three rounds. I dunno, maybe he was trying to "give the fans their money's worth." (Too late for that the moment he signed to fight Foreman. Haha)

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Yeah, I don't understand it. They're clearly making that venue their home, yet they can't put together a decent card. I mean, really...Yuri fucking Foreman? I thought he was weak six-and-a-half years ago, when Cotto cherry picked him. And if you can't get a solid dance partner for Lara, at least load the undercard. WTF
      Yeah I don't get it. Whether you like his style or not, Lara was a guy who always challenged himself. The last year or so has been a series of soft touches. If DeCubas is trying to build him a fanbase in Miami he needs to bring in better opponents. Or at least favorable style matchups. I'm not asking for a GGG or Canelo type guy but at least a James Kirkland who will bring it.

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
        Yeah I don't get it. Whether you like his style or not, Lara was a guy who always challenged himself. The last year or so has been a series of soft touches. If DeCubas is trying to build him a fanbase in Miami he needs to bring in better opponents. Or at least favorable style matchups. I'm not asking for a GGG or Canelo type guy but at least a James Kirkland who will bring it.
        They're missing opportunities. With every weak card, they risk losing the interest of the fans. You and I have been to those shows. My impression is that people out there like Lara and want to support him. If the cards don't get better soon, they'll stop coming. If the cards get good, they'll tell their friends and the fan base will grow.

The Barthelemy-Mendez show at the AA Airlines Arena in Miami was pretty good. You can have successful boxing shows in that area. But you've gotta give the fans their money's worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red-Cyclone View Post
          That was the most boring fight card I've seen in a while.
          Hold on. People actually watched this card willingly?

Comment

• Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
            Hold on. People actually watched this card willingly?
            If that fight was in my garden i would close all the curtains.

Comment

• Foreman threw that. That was a fakeass 'Elvis Tremble' when he tried to stand up after the final kd. Sure, he got clipped with an uppercut but his delayed fall and subsequent Bambi on ice act was just ham acting.

Comment

• Comment

• stick to pushing gay trans agenda yuri.

that's all YALL good for.

Comment

• Who could've seen this coming

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                      I don't know why Lara is fighting these soft guys. He is the best at 154 IMO

Comment

Working...
                      X