No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Deal Reached

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mapleleaf27 View Post
    What interests me is the fact this fight was made so easily considering GBP filed a lawsuit vs Haymon? Is that still not before the courts? I thought that is who JCC Jr is advised by? If anyone on here knows the specifics of that? In any case if there is $ to be made it shows these parties can work together, hopefully inter-promotional match ups to come! Not so thrilled about the match up as I am about seeing the different companies working together.
    it probably went the same as Canelo-Khan, where Golden Boy dealt directly with Khans pops and then pops got Haymon to sign off.

In this case Golden Boy probably dealt with either Fernando Beltran or Sean Gibbons, whichever one is the current shot-caller for Chavez, and then they handled the Haymon sign-off on their end....

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
      See what happens when you try to play hardball? (ggg). Then Canelo and Cotto can have a rematch. Then he can fight a prominent WW whos wants to move up. Garcia vs Canelo NEXT Cinco de Mayo or Thurman vs Canelo...triple g will be appoaching 37 before he gets a shot at the face of boxing...lol Canelo will have even more power at the negotiation table. Playing "Hardball" sometimes gets you what you want, but sometimes you get ZERO.
      the dude is still a multimillionaire and a unified champ no matter what, and you're still here with hurtfeelings...........

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        Yet you supported ALL those GGG MISMATCHES??? GTFOhere!!!
        gggg always fought the best at 160 he could, never ducked no one. Canelo says he doesn't want to move up to 160 because the wait is too high, but then moved up to 165. What does that tell you?
        Last edited by rasdun; 01-13-2017, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
          Apparently 160 pounds and 15 million isnt enough for a fighter that has yet to reach more than 150k ppvs...
          What ever helps you sleep at night! I mean it's not like Canelo literally dropped his belt rather than fight his mandatory!

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
            Everyone goes on and on about how they want boxing to be more like the UFC well here u go don't ***** now
            people mean best fighting best and deep pay-per-view cards. If anything, the UFC has been becoming more like boxing, and allowing Conor McGregor to duck some of his challenges for Big Money fights

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              What ever helps you sleep at night! I mean it's not like Canelo literally dropped his belt rather than fight his mandatory!
              We all know he dropped belt because he not giving triple g 40% of the pot and would of went to purse bid

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                After dropping the belt he got rid of a mandatory percentage and now is in full control of the purse , so now you have ggg and his title begging for a percentage.. that is most likely going to result in millions of dollars for canelo, so from a business stand point dropping the belt wasnt bad at all...

Comment

I see this as a leverage move against GGG, we all know his fight against Jacobs is not gonna do great numbers but Canelo vs. Chavez Jr will do pretty well based off their names. So when these negotiations continue after that their fights GB can say that Canelo does way bigger numbers than GGG does so take what they are offering or fight doesnt happen. At least that is how I am seeing this.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                    After dropping the belt he got rid of a mandatory percentage and now is in full control of the purse , so now you have ggg and his title begging for a percentage.. that is most likely going to result in millions of dollars for canelo, so from a business stand point dropping the belt wasnt bad at all...
                    Or you can accept the reality of the situation which is Canelo is the only thing that makes Golden Boy some money, which they have very little of, thus the Khan and Chavez fights, low risk high reward, rather than fighting the one opponent all of his fans and boxing fans want Canelo to actually fight. Rather than be considered a warrior and mimic Oscar's career of fighting all the best opponents then have him called a coward by steering away from the tough fight. The fact that you have to resort to "it's good business though!" is exactly the point I wanted to make.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X