Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Kovalev Beat Ward, Hunter is Not a Good Trainer!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward down again for the count... This one hurt event more!

Comment

• damn this one about to cut virg deep

so according to floyd

Virgil Hunter Trainer Ratings

Cool Guy Ability: 10/10

Ring Corner Ability: 0/10

Comment

• i am going on full NSB way of life here:

"Mayweather, TBE is right"

I support Mayweather 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Why does race keep coming up on this site? Mayweather is telling the truth! I thought Kov won the fight 7-5 (at a minimum), and I'm African-American, and I'm a Ward fan! Before the fight, writers were saying that the winner of Kovalev vs. Ward was the #1 P4P fighter in the world! I totally disagree! Neither Ward nor Kovalev showed me anything that would make me say that they are better than Gonzalez, Golovkin, Canelo, Lomachenko, or Crawford!
          This is the best and most level headed comment i have seen on NSB!!!

Kudos my friend!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
            Kov didn't take his foot off the gas...Andre adjusted and took the gas out Kov's tank with hellacious body shots

give credit where it's due
            No argument here, it can be looked at both ways. I was going for Ward by the way and believe the judges got the cards right.

Comment

• Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
              Meh, I don't agree with him about Virgil Hunter. Ward hasn't lost a fight in 20 years with Hunter. You can't do better than that.

He beat Chad Dawson, Kessler, Froch & Abraham with Hunter. Why change the formula now?

As for the fight with Kovalev. He lasted 12 rounds with a guy a lot of people thought he wouldn't and kept the fight close enough to get the decision (whether it was earned or not is matter of opinion), so I don't get the hate for Hunter here.

I think Floyd's like a lot of retired athletes who see a younger guy getting closer to surpassing their legacy and now is hating a little bit.

He's got the belts, the gold medal in the Olympics, and is undefeated, and I think Floyd is thinking about 49 -0
              Good post, I agree

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                Very true. Also this fake narrative that only defensive boxers can be "smart" and know the "sweet science" has led to the major boxing TV channels in the West to hire only defensive boxers as their analysts. So naturally when RJJ, BHop, Andre Ward, Paulie Malignaggi, etc commentate a fight, they are going to side with the defensive fighter, and score every close round for the defensive fighter.
                So you're classifying Roy Jones, Hopkins, and Paulie as defensive fighters? I don't get your reasoning; the fighters you mentioned were artist at mixing defence and offense to set up opponents for beat downs and KO'S...they weren't just defensive. It appears what you really mean is boxers who are athletic and skilled enough to slip a punch consistently. To further dismantle your conclusion, Mayweather, the ultimate "defensive fighter" just called it for the Krusher against Ward.

Comment

• Floyd also scored Pacquiao/Bradley 3 a draw. so if he's right in all his cards then Manny owes Tim a 4th fight to clear things up.. right? or is Floyd only right when he says something that fits your agenda?

a trainer has to fight as an amateur or pro to be considered great? ..two words: Angelo Dundee.

a case can be made for both Ward and Kovalev winning. .just like a case be made Floyd lost Castillo 1, DLH and Maidana 1.. hell even the Pacquiao fight.

the Kovalev win is the first debatable victory in Ward's career.

same goes for Chocolatito/Cuadras.. a good case can be made for Cuadras winning. Choco's face looked like he put it in a blender.

there is no clear Pound for Pound #1 at the moment. .Chocolatito, Ward, Lomachenko, Pacquiao, Kovalev all have a case. .this year should clear things up.

without Virgil Hunter in the corner there's no doubt in my mind Ward breaks down mentally after round 2. I thought that was all she wrote for him, but Hunter kept him focused, never panicked. that's great coaching. all other Kovalev opponents are finished after one clean shot.

I have Ward winning but I won't trash somebody who has Kovalev winning. it was that type of fight. the type of fight rematches are for.

Comment

• Originally posted by fats View Post
                    So you're classifying Roy Jones, Hopkins, and Paulie as defensive fighters? I don't get your reasoning; the fighters you mentioned were artist at mixing defence and offense to set up opponents for beat downs and KO'S...they weren't just defensive. It appears what you really mean is boxers who are athletic and skilled enough to slip a punch consistently. To further dismantle your conclusion, Mayweather, the ultimate "defensive fighter" just called it for the Krusher against Ward.
                    RJJ could do it all, but he's still favored defensive guys when commentating. Paulie and BHop are kind of the definition of defensive fighters so I don't know why you are nitpicking. Yes Paulie threw combos and had fast hands, yes BHop had power, but Paulie was still known for his movement and jab, and BHop was known for his holding and head movement and defense...

There is definitely a defensive bias with these commentators. I mean Paulie didn't just have Ward beating Kovalev, he had Ward beating him WIDE. Fairly wide. Can you really tell me that's an unbiased view?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
                      one of those boxers you mentioned, does not belong. im thinking a guy who was P4P #1 throughout the 90s....
                      Roy could do it all but it was just simpler to list them together. Roy in his middle age has really started to hype up his "sweet science" and "ring IQ" aspects and has been scoring for those guys rather than punchers in his commentary. Look how he hyped up Floyd vs Pac in a close fight but he made it sound like 12-0 Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X