Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here likes the fact that Pacquiao is going on a world tour?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a great idea. Gives people from other countries the chance to see a legend fight live. He's the only active living legend the sport has.

Comment

Great concept, but Horn is simply not a worthy adversary. I guess Horn @147, Burns @140 (if he beats Indongo), and Khan/Brook at Wembley/O2 wouldn't be too bad of a year. But, we know Pac isn't gonna fight three times because he hasn't done so since 2008.

Comment

If this is true, win or loose, boxing will have to write a big page thanking the midget.

If he does it, he is bigger than anything i have ever seen.

Except for a few, insert Durán here.

Comment

The Horn fight sucks but Manny is 38 and at the end of a legendary career, he really can fight whoever he wants, most guys in his position fight cans anyway, the difference is Manny can still compete with the best of them hence why he might catch some flak. Tyson at this stage was fighting Danny Williams and Kevin McBride.

Comment

This world tour is a smoke screen to collect some $$$ while delaying a Crawford fight. A real world tour would have world class opponents involved. Let's hope Manny does so after this cherry pick.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
              great way to end a legendary career. .but you gotta have Crawford in there.
              Crawford should be his last fight and should be done in Manilla. Itd get casuals interested in the name alone, The Thrilla in Manilla 2...

Comment

Originally posted by tommyg6 View Post
                I do because unlike other fighters, by fighting around the world, he's living to the title of "world" champion.

That's something I never liked about Floyd, Ward, Wilder and all these other American fighters, they rarely or ever fight overseas. It's always in Vegas or NYC, or US in general.

I find interesting that Pacman will be fighting in Australia. I never heard of big fights happening there but the fact he's fighting there, makes me intrigued.

Now we're also hearing he might fight in the Middle East, Russia, England, etc.

If I was Arum, this would be my scheduled world tour for Pacquiao.

April 2017 - Pacquiao vs Horn in Brisbane, Australia
                June 2017 - Pacquiao vs Burns in Glasgow, Scotland
                Sept 2017 - Pacquiao vs Provodnikov in Moscow, Russia
                Dec 2017 - Pacquiao vs Khan in Dubai, UAE
                Feb 2018 - Pacquiao vs Brook at Wembley Stadium in England!
                May 2018 - Pacquiao vs M. Garcia at Azteca Stadium in Mexico
                Sept 2018 - Pacquiao vs D. Garcia in Puerto Rico!
                Dec 2018 - Pacquiao vs Crawford in USA (final stop)
                Love it. Would love to see him KO'd on all 7 continents. He already has 2 under his belt.

Comment

Seems to me it's just talk by Arum to justify the Horn fight. He'll fight 2 times per year again and the next one after this will likely be back in the US. I think Arum genuinely wants Pac-Crawford for the second half of 2017, he just decided to get one last cash grab out of Pacquiao before he takes a fight he has a serious chance of losing.

Comment

It is a good idea but four fights a year I doubt it happens maybe he could get 3 fights in a year if he doesn't have much to do with that political job he took on.

Comment

pacquiao wouldstill be in vegas if the fights wouldn't flop. you need to take this bob arum circus act on the road to fill up the tend.

this fight and the end of pacquiao's career is a sham, and i am not going to pay to watch it.

Comment

Working...
                      X