Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson: Alvarez Must Beat Bute To Earn His Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
    why would he?
    bigger question is why beterbiev hasnt mentioned him in over 6 months and keeps on sayin he only wants the ibf belt...also why did beterbiev duck kov??

Comment

Originally posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
      Never was a fan of Stevenson and his lack of initiative to fight the best.
      Adonis should have fought Eleider Alvarez already.
      i guess ggg has initiative tho..asking for 15 million
      meanwhile stevenson only wanted hbo to up 100k for him to stay on hbo...DANG DAWGS THAT LIKE 14.9 MILLION WORTH OF A CONTRADICTION THERE HOMIE

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
        So now Alvarez is that man with the pulse? Have you ever seen this guy fight? The minute he's in the ring with Stevonson you'll be calling him a bum. And rightfully so.
        HE'S NOT A BUM, but you're right they will hate as soon as he's out...last year i said yall need to chill when alvarez is done with his asked for tune up's he'll take the fight...now he's offerd bute and pascal the fight..and they blame adonis lol...

but like i said last year i mentioned him and they said "who tf is alvarez" lol haters aint got no chill dog

Comment

Originally posted by r1onnie2 View Post
          That's what I'm saying, why does he need to beat Bute when he's already the mandatory. To be honest he doesn't have to take the Bute fight and can demand his mandatory. Adonis is a real piece of ****.
          he was in line for the shot..BUT ALVAREZ OFFERD BUTE THE FIGHT..adonis was going to fight him in early 2017...alvarez is maximizing his dollar potential..u think bute wont bring him a huge crowd? if he gets kod by stevenson right away there is not bute...but he's leveraging his nuber 1 contender position to get a name like bute...he also offered pascal the fight...jean turned it down..

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
            ^^^^Truth....
            it's going to be funny when the presser comes and alvarez says "this will help get me ready fro stevenson and bring a huge audience for me"

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              You're combining two points in my post into 1. I'm expressing outrage at Stevenson having ducked Alvarez for more than a year. Alvarez shouldn't need to jump through more hoops.

And I never said Alvarez is that man with a pulse, I said I wouldn't be surprised if Stevenson retires without fighting anyone with a pulse since taking the lineal & WBC off the shadow of Chad Dawson.

Here's a post in which I say Alvarez isn't that good:
              http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=34
              u're actually expressing that you are uneducated on the situation and just running you coksucker..
              alvarez asked for tune ups in 2016..and now offerd this fight to bute and pascal...stevenson was set to fight him in 2017, but the champ is patient and understand that win lose or draw for alvarez this makes his fight wit him even bigger bc bute is a huge name...ALVAREZ GETS THAT TOO...if alvarez go right in with stevenson and got ko'd in 3 he is not longer in a position that he could offer bute a shot bc of his mandatory spot...NOW DO U GET IT OR ARE YOU JUST GOING TO KEEP LETTING YOUR COKSUCKERS BLURT OUT BS?

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                Isn't Alvarez his mando? He already earned his shot.
                YES HE IS THE NUMBER 1...but since he went and offered bute and pascal the shot..the wbc likely said ok leverage your position and we'll be fine with you holding off your shot until after that fight.
                wbd forced adonis to fighrt before april or be stripped..adonis is not the one that lined up a fight like a month before..HOW IS THAT HARD TO SEE??

IF U GO BACK EVEN FUTHER...ALVAREZ LAST YEAR ASKED FOR TUNE UPS AND STEP UP FIGHTS...adonis has no problem fight him..alvarez is just preparing himself..it's not taking to long..

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                  hes smashed kovalev twice already in the amateurs and he'd blow that pimps head off.
                  how he did something in a 3 round fight..like i said it's been 6 months since he's mentioned adonis...and he ducked kovalev right around that time...he's fought all bums...please let him do his job without u tickling his sack

Comment

Originally posted by Edward90 View Post
                    So it was much better to fight Williams? Williams is such a bigger name than Alvarez? And how is he going to give Bute credit for drawing Jack when Bute got caught with a PED and many people felt like he lost the fight anyway? Stevenson would do himself a lot of favors if he actually fought even the some of the better guys at 175, not named Ward or Kovalev (although these are fights he should be pursuing), and kept his activity up. Barrera, Pascal, Beterbiev, Alvarez, Bute, Cleverly, Joe Smith Jr., etc. are all good fights that he could find his way to and help him considerably. He's becoming pretty meaningless with his lack of activity.

Williams would maybe be too much for Alvarez... Alvarez took the Bute fight strickly for $$$, nothing else... They are confident they'll go through Bute and raise the TV value for the Stevenson fight...

Also, Beterbiev's goal was always the Kovalev's belts first. No need to fight a stable mate when 3 of them were up for grab... And Beterbiev never ducked Kovalev... GYM did, and with good reasons then...

Comment

Who is Stevenson? Does he still fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X