Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Mayweather have gone through sugar shane mosley's resume undefeated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
    I think all three of those fighters and all six of those fights are a pretty big test for him....to be honest man
    Oh yeah, of course.
    But you know, Forrest is really underrated here and a prime Oscar is one of the best fighters of all time.

Comment

Not sure im correct but didnt floyd spar regularly with winky when he was a young kid?

If so is there any interviews where winky talks about it? I know it makes no solid opinion to the OP im jus curious to hear what either of them has to say if the did spar

Comment

prime oscar twice-probably loses both since he struggled with well past it oscar

prime vernon twice-probably loses both given forrests size and range

prime winky twice-probably loses both, floyd ducked this fight for a reason

prime cotto-floyd ducked prime cotto and struggled with bloated past prime cotto so i slightly favor cotto

margarito-hard to pick this one since marg got caught with the handwraps on this night but floyd did duck him. i'll give floyd this one given how bad marg looked but marg from 2 or 3 years prior is a different story.

canelo-mosley fought a non-drained canelo but i still think floyd wins this one

pac-mosley fought a much better pac then floyd fought and i had pac beating floyd when they did fight so i have pac beating him

I have floyd losing 8 fights if he had mosley's resume, but we also have to remember that after losing some fights and taking punishment floyd prob would have slowed down and been more susceptible to losing against even lesser fighters but as it is 8 losses. shows you how important cherry picking can be.

Comment

I cant see Floyd getting past Vernon Forrest. Too big, to well schooled, great timing, and hit like a mule.

Great jab, great feints.

Just too big for Floyd.

Winky same thing. Southpaw, Too big, to technically sound.

I just dont see the mistakes there for Floyd to capitalize on, especially being the much smaller fighter.

Alvarez is big because he is thick. Winky and Forrest are big as in size and reach.

I think it would be too big of a size disadvantage for Floyd to overcome, even though Floyd is a better fighter than both of them.

He style has never really been one of taking away size or working your way in on a bigger guy that jabbing your from the outside nonestop.

Prime Oscar is another story. Same as Forrest, but a little smaller, but much more skilled.

Floyd had a close fight with a badly faded Oscar, I honestly can't see him beating the prime oscar that would get up on his toes and box you.

And there is no way Floyd is drawing oscar into a war like Shane did.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            Winky Wright wasn't a big puncher, and the biggest counter to the southpaw stance is the straight right down the middle (Floyd's best utilized punch behind his jab). The style is definitely something that would need to be figured out, but to say that it'd be a decisive defeat for Floyd would be as if you think he's never faced a straight punching southpaw fighter before.

Beyond that, "run through" connotates something different than the actual conversation, especially knowing that near all of the assumed matchups are at 154/147lbs.

Does Floyd take 7 of 12 rounds (at least) and the judges' scorecards against Mosley's ledger? There'll be some really close fights, but I don't see a fight there where Floyd gets outboxed for 7 of 12 rounds on any card, let alone on 2 of 3 cards.

Floyd's in-fight adjustments are second to none
            Winky isn't a knockout puncher, but his JAB was one of the hardest Jabs in boxing at the time. There is a reason nobody just walked in on him. Its because of that jab.

All of these fights boil down to Floyd not being big enough to make a Floyd gameplan work against these guys.

In order to potshop someone like Forrest who is 6'0" and had a massive reach, Floyd would have to work his way in past the consistent jab.

Working your way in past an offense only to throw one punch, has never been a winning strategy for anyone.

Floyd made it work because he fought guys close enough to his size, and generally with a reach disadvantage where he could do that from the outside and didn't have to work his way in.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
              Winky isn't a knockout puncher, but his JAB was one of the hardest Jabs in boxing at the time. There is a reason nobody just walked in on him. Its because of that jab.

All of these fights boil down to Floyd not being big enough to make a Floyd gameplan work against these guys.

In order to potshop someone like Forrest who is 6'0" and had a massive reach, Floyd would have to work his way in past the consistent jab.

Working your way in past an offense only to throw one punch, has never been a winning strategy for anyone.

Floyd made it work because he fought guys close enough to his size, and generally with a reach disadvantage where he could do that from the outside and didn't have to work his way in.
              good point

Comment

Nope! Always felt he would have lost to Vernon Forrest.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  prime oscar twice-probably loses both since he struggled with well past it oscar

prime vernon twice-probably loses both given forrests size and range

prime winky twice-probably loses both, floyd ducked this fight for a reason

prime cotto-floyd ducked prime cotto and struggled with bloated past prime cotto so i slightly favor cotto

margarito-hard to pick this one since marg got caught with the handwraps on this night but floyd did duck him. i'll give floyd this one given how bad marg looked but marg from 2 or 3 years prior is a different story.

canelo-mosley fought a non-drained canelo but i still think floyd wins this one

pac-mosley fought a much better pac then floyd fought and i had pac beating floyd when they did fight so i have pac beating him

I have floyd losing 8 fights if he had mosley's resume, but we also have to remember that after losing some fights and taking punishment floyd prob would have slowed down and been more susceptible to losing against even lesser fighters but as it is 8 losses. shows you how important cherry picking can be.
                  Pact@rd. Pathetic. Floyd ruined you.

49-0.

Deal with it it.

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
                    also he was a lefty. no question it would have been a tough fight for may. i can never count may out in any fight but this would push him.

winky fighting hop close cant translate into him manhandling may. if that was the case, all top guys who were bigger than may would have mushed him. theres a reason why winky never ran a div. hes always been that guy whos gonna make you earn that win.
                    ...yet according to you, mayorga beating forrest translates into floyd being able to beat forrest?

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                      ...yet according to you, mayorga beating forrest translates into floyd being able to beat forrest?
                      according to what you highlighted, all i typed was may wouldnt have necessarily have been manhandled. in that highlighted portion, i gave no indication of who would win.

Comment

Working...
                      X