Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Mayweather have gone through sugar shane mosley's resume undefeated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
    i think mays brains makes easy work of margaritos brawn.

margarito appeared to be a beast vs a certain style; pw walked to him, cintron walked to him, clottey was giving him the business for a while, cotto gassed himself before he was taken out....

i dont see margarito ever being good enough to apply this ''pressure''.

we will never know, BUT, given what weve seen, may has beaten guys like/similar to margarito. did margarito ever beat a guy like may ? definitely not a perfect formula for comparison.
    what guys did Floyd beat similar to Margarito? tall, chin of steel, body attack and nonstop pressure.. the closest is maybe Castillo and Maidana, two guys that gave Floyd hell. .even Emmanuel Augustus gave Floyd issues applying pressure even though he got smoked..Ricky Hatton couldn't do it due to Joe Cortez.. and Miguel Cotto definitely was a problem for Mayweather with his stalking and jabs.

the way I envision Mayweather/Margarito is Floyd landing pot shots early, Margs smirking while stalking nonstop. early rounds go to Floyd, then Margs turns up the heat and starts walking Floyd down, attacking the body, gets hit alot but never hurt or wobbled. . judges give it to Floyd based on early rounds in the bank.

Comment

To beat all three of those guys in their prime wow.....there is no doubt would he would be TBE....it could not be debated imo

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
        what guys did Floyd beat similar to Margarito? tall, chin of steel, body attack and nonstop pressure.. the closest is maybe Castillo and Maidana, two guys that gave Floyd hell. .even Emmanuel Augustus gave Floyd issues applying pressure even though he got smoked..Ricky Hatton couldn't do it due to Joe Cortez.. and Miguel Cotto definitely was a problem for Mayweather with his stalking and jabs.

the way I envision Mayweather/Margarito is Floyd landing pot shots early, Margs smirking while stalking nonstop. early rounds go to Floyd, then Margs turns up the heat and starts walking Floyd down, attacking the body, gets hit alot but never hurt or wobbled. . judges give it to Floyd based on early rounds in the bank.
        with no disrespeck to your opinion, hopefully this wont be TL/DR

margarito (5'11'', 73'') is supposed to = unearthly pressure.
        1994-2005, youd struggle to find a margarito opponent may wouldnt have destroyed with ease. not a quality name to be seen.

his key victories - cintron 2x (CERTIFIED BUM), clottey, meh. was giving marg the business. the commentators in that fight said margs not very skillful but hes fun to watch (almost verbatim). and cotto.

imhO, cotto owned marg for the 1st 6 rds. i say cotto gassed himself with all of that UNNECESSARY bouncing around. it wasnt until cotto tired HIMSELF out that marg pounced. idgaf about any cement. that wasnt the issue. cottos dumbass bouncing around was. cotto corrected that in the rematch.

imhO, its his loss to pw that showed he had ''some'' skill. thing is, pw is often his own worse enemy. he had all the tools and refused to use them. was too worried about pleasing the crowd.

may (5' 8'', 73'') is without question, an ATG. the guys id compare marg with is -
        jlc 2x (people say may lost the 1st fight. i dont)
        chico (power puncher who moves forward)
        dana 2x (imhO, dana was the better pressure fighter. he had a better resume than marg.
        canelo - no version of marg wins a rd vs canelo. it would resemble the kirkland fight.
        hatton. hatton has a shltty ww resume but may wasnt a natural ww either.
        and to some extent, baldo. yeah, he had no power but he applied what pressure he could.

i see may clowning marg similar to how dlh did to tito. only may doesnt let up and sweeps every rd.

just mhO.

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
          dude, shane fought those guys six times lol(two times a piece) all prime.....dude with the exception of prime leonard/hears i'm not sure there's any welter/super welter that could go 6-0 against them
          Mayweather jr sure isnt one of the guys thar goes 6-0 against those guys. He could go 2-0 against Forrest but it wont be easy.

I was never impressed with what jr. managed against a faded oscar. He won 7-5 or 8-4 against an oscar that never won any significant fight after. All he did was look awful in his win against forbes.

The oscar that mosley fought beats him 8-4 or 9-3. Its not just the jab, its the speed and stamina (he had in those 2 fights), and pitty pat combos that have hard punches mixed in...that will do Floyd jr. in. Best case scenario Floyd gets a gift draw.

Then theres Winky Wright at 154. I understand WW gets heat because he was a whiny diva in negotiations, but his skills at 154 cant be denied. There is nothing jr has to threaten WW at 154, hes at a disadvantage at everything. WW has advantages in weight, height, stance and that southpaw jab from a taller guy with great boxing skills and same reach(something jr hates).

Add to that volume punching. Theres a reason WW comprehensively beat Mosley and Trinidad. And Oscar probably snorted a couple of lines from a wh$re's body in celebration when WW went all money hungry in negotiations.

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
            Such as????????
            Oscar, Vernon, and Winky just off the top of my head.

Comment

If Tony can't walk through Mosley.....he sure as hell can't walk thru Mayweather.

NOBODY walks thru Floyd's body jab.

Shane's body jab was killing Margarito.
              Floyd's body jab is even BETTER than Shane's

That's what you don't seem to notice....just watch some fights and PAY ATTENTION.

Margarito would be folded over like beach towel by Floyd's CONSTANT jab to the Solar plexus.

He'd be totally out of gas and at Floyd's mercy.

Everybody that fights Mayweather admits that he is a LOT stronger than advertised.

If Arum believed Margarito could have beat Mayweather he would have moved heaven and earth to make it happen.

Not make silly excuses.

Floyd would have beat the dog-**** out of Margarito and Bob Arum knew it.

Tony couldn't even touch Shane...Floyd would be like fighting a hologram.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                If Tony can't walk through Mosley.....he sure as hell can't walk thru Mayweather.

NOBODY walks thru Floyd's body jab.

Shane's body jab was killing Margarito.
                Floyd's body jab is even BETTER than Shane's

That's what you don't seem to notice....just watch some fights and PAY ATTENTION.

Margarito would be folded over like beach towel by Floyd's CONSTANT jab to the Solar plexus.

He'd be totally out of gas and at Floyd's mercy.

Everybody that fights Mayweather admits that he is a LOT stronger than advertised.

If Arum believed Margarito could have beat Mayweather he would have moved heaven and earth to make it happen.

Not make silly excuses.

Floyd would have beat the dog-**** out of Margarito and Bob Arum knew it.

Tony couldn't even touch Shane...Floyd would be like fighting a hologram.
                Maidana, Castillo, Cotto and Oscar walked through every punch in Floyd's arsenal.. a damn body jab is gonna discourage Margarito? get real. that man was possessed with the way he applied pressure and attacked the body. he eats whatever Floyd lands and smirks at him. . Shane Mosley against Margarito came out throwing hail mary bombs looking for a knockout..somethig Floyd would not be doing.

everybody that fights Mayweather admits he is stronger? when did Maidana, Oscar or Pacquiao admit to this?

Margarito out of gas? not a chance.

yes Floyd wins.. but no wipeout. a hard fought points win.

and Arum did attempt to make the fight for August 12, 2006. .Ellerbe shut that date down due to a hand injury Floyd suffered against Judah.

Arum was offering $8 million..Floyd decided to become a free agent to pursue De La Hoya for more money and that's all she wrote.

I don't believe Floyd was scared, I pick him to win but disagree with you saying it would be a wipeout.

Margarito turned out to be a criminal and scumbag anyway.

Comment

yes he would have

Comment

Maidana, Castillo, Cotto and Oscar walked through every punch in Floyd's arsenal.. a damn body jab is gonna discourage Margarito? get real. that man was possessed with the way he applied pressure and attacked the body. he eats whatever Floyd lands and smirks at him. . Shane Mosley against Margarito came out throwing hail mary bombs looking for a knockout..somethig Floyd would not be doing.

everybody that fights Mayweather admits he is stronger? when did Maidana, Oscar or Pacquiao admit to this?

Margarito out of gas? not a chance.

yes Floyd wins.. but no wipeout. a hard fought points win.

and Arum did attempt to make the fight for August 12, 2006. .Ellerbe shut that date down due to a hand injury Floyd suffered against Judah.

Arum was offering $8 million..Floyd decided to become a free agent to pursue De La Hoya for more money and that's all she wrote.

I don't believe Floyd was scared, I pick him to win but disagree with you saying it would be a wipeout.

Margarito turned out to be a criminal and scumbag anyway.
                    Shane's body jab discouraged Margarito...

Watch the fight.

It was killing him.

Mayweather's body jab is way better than Shane's.

Floyd would beat the lice off Margarito.

Arum offered 8 mil as part of a THREE fight package.
                    Floyd didn't want a package deal.

Mayweather was cool with the 8 mil part....but not the package deal.

Arum knew a package deal offer would kill the fight...he just didn't wan't Floyd to whip his fighter.

Bob was too busy using Floyd's name to hype his Tijuana Tornado.

Comment

Vernon Forest at 147lbs would've been a heck of a puzzle to figure out, as would Winky Wright at 154lbs, but I wouldn't bet against Floyd finding a way to get 7 of the 12 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X