Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao vs. Porter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good thread. Actually I wouldn't mind watching Porter vs Vargas but thats a hard bout to make. Broner vs Pac would've been good too imo.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
      Good thread. Actually I wouldn't mind watching Porter vs Vargas but thats a hard bout to make. Broner vs Pac would've been good too imo.
      Vargas or Bradley vs Porter.

Comment

Porter reminds me of a smaller Joe Frazier.

Comment

Despite what Arum and Haymon say, they still would MUCH rather not work with each other or co-promote with each other. That's my take.

Comment

I would watch it.

Comment

This would be a brawl from R1, I think Pac still has the goods to fight off Porter early and then go on the attack like days gone by, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS FIGHT but it's never gonna happen....if this was the 70s this would be a no brainer

Comment

at this point Porter wins on points, Pacquaio has less power than Thurman, Brook, and Broner so he isn't stopping Porter, and Porter can box and out pressure Pacquaio

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Why can't this fight happen? This fight makes sense. Porter is looking for a fight. Porter isn't a diva, he's easy to work with and will fight anybody. Instead of calling Horn and Burns they should pick up the phone and call Porter.
                  Pacquiao's destructive punching power is long gone, Porter would walk into any fight as a young, hungry, solid 160lb fighter with a destructive mauling style, and Pacquiao no longer does the business required to cover the costs of the event, pay Porter a fair purse, and clear $20m for himself.

Discounting the fact that Paulie's punch is his punch, Paulie Malignaggi was still the guy who was able to box his way past a broken jaw to a competitive 12-round loss; seeing Porter wash Paulie in four rounds made it even that much more unlikely that Arum even ponders that fight for Pacquiao

Comment

pac has too many tools but wouldnt ko him. pac couldnt ko vargas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                      at this point Porter wins on points, Pacquaio has less power than Thurman, Brook, and Broner so he isn't stopping Porter, and Porter can box and out pressure Pacquaio
                      porter is too wild for his own good. he would be feeding himself to pac all night. porter always has a full tank but, at the upper levels, you need proper technique to go with that energy.

Comment

Working...
                      X