Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny Jacobs is having 5 star camp for GGG!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very surprised that everyone is underestimating Jacobs. I'm very happy and excited he's taking this fight so seriously. This is how I want fighters to approach their world title shots, putting maximum effort into it, not say 'well it's just another fight'.

Yes, this may screw with Danny's head, but it can also do wonders for his preparation. We know Ward has thought about fighting Golovkin so he may give him some tips and prepare him well.

Comment

Don't be surprised if Abel comes out saying gg sparred only heavyweights for this fight

Comment

At least he'll have a wide range of excuses to use just in case he losses.

"Shouldn't have changed my diet."

"Me and Virgil just didn't click"

"The atmosphere just wasn't right for me"

"I had a bad flight back to New York"

"My training sparring partners were too rough"

Comment

Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
          At least he'll have a wide range of excuses to use just in case he losses.

"Shouldn't have changed my diet."

"Me and Virgil just didn't click"

"The atmosphere just wasn't right for me"

"I had a bad flight back to New York"

"My training sparring partners were too rough"
          I for sure believe they will have their excuses ready when jacobs inevitably loses.they'll probably say he over trained or some non sense like that.

Comment

I think it's good to have Virgil as an extra set of eyes. People outside the bubble can see things people inside can't see. From the way Rozier explained it Virgil will be an extra set of eyes and ears not actively involved in the day to day training. Then you got guys like Ward who might give Jacobs a cpl rds. Khan, Berto, and the Diaz brothers also train outta there sometimes. Probably can't give him much boxing advice but they can give him good advice on preparing for fighting on the big stage. Like NFL & NBA veterans who might not contribute much on court or field but have playoff experience and teach the younger players how to prepare for the playoffs. From Kovalev's statements it seems like he was missing that his last camp.

Comment

It's a competitive fight. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Very interesting! I didn't know all of that was going on. Maybe Jacobs will be able to raise his game a little for this fight. The question still is, if they're both at their very best, who do you think wins?

I'll still go with my man GGG, but I like Jacobs and I want him to perform well in this fight.

Comment

His sparring partners are excellent but Virgil isn't going to help. Virgil molded Andre ward because he had him since Andre was a little kid. Jacobs has to be who is as a fighter. He can't try to be the type of fighter that Virgil wants...that's an impossible transformation to make in a couple months.

Comment

Is Virgil Hunter going to implement breaking rules in Jacobs game? Clinchfest hoping to go 12 rounds and get a disgusting robbery?

Comment

When Pirog fought Jacobs , he showed no respect for Danny's power. Meanwhile Pirog hurt Jacobs a few times before he walked him down and knocked him out.
                      Granted that was in 2010, but it still makes me think Jacobs power is overrated and if Golovkin is able to walk through it, Jacobs, no matter what kind of camp he has, will be in a whole lot of trouble.

Comment

Working...
                      X