No announcement yet.

Adonis Stevenson is criminally underrated on here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
    Stevenson is a ****n joke.. period. wtf has he done since beating Dawson? not a damn thing. the guy is 40, he's irrelevant and a punchline joke. nobody gives a **** about him.

Knocked the current WBC Cruiserweight world champion out who is about to fight David Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by Hov View Post
      People talk about this guy as if he's a bum. I'm not so sure Kovalev beats him. I would bet on Stevenson starching him with a left.
      He has only himself to blame.
      He had a dramatic rise when he moved to 175, by finishing Boone, Dawson and Cloud.
      The stage was set for a dramatic fight with Kovalev, and he then signed to Haymon and fought crappy competition.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Knocked the current WBC Cruiserweight world champion out who is about to fight David Haye.
        nobody..nobody.. cares about the cruiserweight division.. 175 is all about Ward and Kovalev pretty much, nobody talks about Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          It is kind of odd how underrated and outright bashed he is, especially being that there are a lot of puncher fans here. I see Canadian fans supporting him, but not many besides that. He does need to fight better comp, but that hasn't kept people here from hyping fighters before. It's a head-scratcher.
          If you discount that he's a convicted felon and a woman abuser, if anything, he's overrated. He beat a shadow of Chad Dawson and since then hasn't fought anyone with a pulse. His best win, Fonfara got KOd by a part time construction worker. He has ducked Bernard Hopkins and Jean Pascal.

Adonis and his management has been actively ducking Storm Alvarez for a year now as well - Alvarez became his mandatory in Nov 2015. I don't even think Alvarez is that good, but since he's not tailor made for Stevenson, GYM is afraid of matching them up despite promoting both. They were supposed to meet in the Fall, then in December, now they put Lucian Bute in front of Alvarez in order to get a "title shot".

Stevenson is a disgrace of a human being and a professional boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
            Well he has been fighting nobodies, so he has himself and his team to blame..it got so bad the damn Ring stripped him while he was active
            Yeah Larry... because that wasn't politically motivated at all.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              If you discount that he's a convicted felon and a woman abuser, if anything, he's overrated. He beat a shadow of Chad Dawson and since then hasn't fought anyone with a pulse. His best win, Fonfara got KOd by a part time construction worker. He has ducked Bernard Hopkins and Jean Pascal.

Adonis and his management has been actively ducking Storm Alvarez for a year now as well - Alvarez became his mandatory in Nov 2015. I don't even think Alvarez is that good, but since he's not tailor made for Stevenson, GYM is afraid of matching them up despite promoting both. They were supposed to meet in the Fall, then in December, now they put Lucian Bute in front of Alvarez in order to get a "title shot".

Stevenson is a disgrace of a human being and a professional boxer.
              I agree, he's a scummy dude. But, I don't buy the idea that boxing fans reject him over that. Fans glorify rapist Tyson, and Valero who murdered his child and wife. Not to mention Floyd's issues. It's not a matter of fans having morals.

I've noticed that people tend to pick a favorite in a division and then bash on the others, especially when the top guys in the division don't fight. I'm guessing a lot of it has to do with people choosing "sides" and preferring Kovalev. I like Kovalev more. But that has nothing to do with how I feel about Stevenson (which isn't positive but I won't get into it because it distracts from my point).
              Last edited by Redd Foxx; 01-03-2017, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                I agree, he's a scummy dude. But, I don't buy the idea that boxing fans reject him over that. Fans glorify rapist Tyson, and Valero who murdered his child and wife. Not to mention Floyd's issues. It's not a matter of fans having morals.

I've noticed that people tend to pick a favorite in a division and then bash on the others, especially when the top guys in the division don't fight. I'm guessing a lot of it has to do with people choosing "sides" and preferring Kovalev. I like Kovalev more. But that has nothing to do with how I feel about Stevenson (which isn't positive but I won't get into it because it distracts from my point).
                did you just really call tyson a rapist.. smh

Comment

The phrase "criminally underrated" is extremely overrated by the original poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                    The phrase "criminally underrated" is extremely overrated by the original poster.
                    Its chickenson himself

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                      did you just really call tyson a rapist.. smh
                      From 1992;
                      "An Indianapolis jury Monday night found boxer Mike Tyson guilty of raping an 18-year-old beauty pageant contestant. The jury deliberated for nine hours before rendering its verdict, which included convictions on two counts of criminal deviate conduct."

If you want to bro-logic him to innocence and ignore that even high-power lawyers couldn't get him off, then that's on you, don't act as if the world is upside down.

Comment

Working...
                      X