Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would win in a street fight, Jackie Chan or Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Except that Jackie Chan has a black belt, mastered striking, kicking, and grappling. And not an honorary celeb black belt either

Meanwhile Pac gets concerned, can't fight out a fighter grabbing him and stares at the ref for help even when the ref says work out of it.
    Woooooooooo a black belt.

Comment

How, I'm sorry but Jackie Chan is trained in Hapkido, it's basically self defense, joint locks, throws, grappling etc, along with being proficient in weapons like swords, canes, nunchaku etc, what happens to Manny when Chan kicks him in the leg numerous times from Hapkido,boxercan't box without being able to walk, or catches him and flips him in a throw etc, it shares a lot of principles with Judo, Judo is the base for BJJ, boxing is very limited in a street fight, a BJJ guy for example would fling a boxer onto the ground and the boxer is going to be flopping around like a fish with a broken arm or leg after the BJJ guy is finished with him, same thing happens in Hapkido

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
        What's next Hopkins vs Seagal? Roy Jones vs Van Damme?
        What are Pac's punches going to do if Jackie dodges it, grabs him, and tosses him on the ground breaking a rib or his back? People think that because MMA strikers know how to evade grapplers and keep a stand up game all fight long, that normal boxers can do that. These guys trained for that scenario, to avoid being grabbed. Pac has never in his life trained for even inside fighting in boxing...how is he gonna be ready for grappling in a street fight? He won't learn a skill that is useful in his own profession.

Comment

Unless Pacquiao wants to lose a tooth to a Chan Backfist. He should avoid dark alleys in china.

Comment

Originally posted by FightingIrish09 View Post
            How, I'm sorry but Jackie Chan is trained in Hapkido, it's basically self defense, joint locks, throws, grappling etc, along with being proficient in weapons like swords, canes, nunchaku etc, what happens to Manny when Chan kicks him in the leg numerous times from Hapkido,boxercan't box without being able to walk, or catches him and flips him in a throw etc, it shares a lot of principles with Judo, Judo is the base for BJJ, boxing is very limited in a street fight, a BJJ guy for example would fling a boxer onto the ground and the boxer is going to be flopping around like a fish with a broken arm or leg after the BJJ guy is finished with him, same thing happens in Hapkido
            It's stupid when people say things like Rousey can beat Mayweather. But it's equally stupid when people think punching stands any chance against a puncher, kicker, and grappler, man to man, with Chan being bigger. I would not want to fight Jackie Chan in the best shape of my life, with all the training I can learn. I would like my street fighting chances better against Pac. Pac throws a punch at Jackie, misses, Jackie grabs the arm he missed with, tosses him, Pac gets injured by head trauma, rib injury, back or something. Hell no, count me out. I rather get punched in the face.

Comment

Exactly Kev, Ronda Rousey would beat Mayweather at Judo though, but not at boxing, this comparable thing is idiotic, as if it's about who is better than who, it's incomparable because it's different sports, people need to realize that the UFC and Boxing can co-exist as separate en******, you allowed like them both or individually and neither is better than the other, they are different, one is a new highly evolving sport with the intricacies of the sport being you have to be a jack of all trades, but master of none or maybe just use one as a base, having people with a vastly diverse background, radically different styles and the average UFC fighter is adept at a bunch of martial arts, the other is an old school sport which requires one to master the fundamentals, which takes years and years and years of practice, is a chess game, you have to think quickly and know intangibles like rhythm, tempo, timing, distance, spacing etc, they are different things...

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                Another actor vs great fighter thread.
                Jackie likely had a lot of fights growing up in the streets of Hong Kong.

Comment

Chan, via umbrella, stool, mop handle and a cat.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    What are Pac's punches going to do if Jackie dodges it, grabs him, and tosses him on the ground breaking a rib or his back? People think that because MMA strikers know how to evade grapplers and keep a stand up game all fight long, that normal boxers can do that. These guys trained for that scenario, to avoid being grabbed. Pac has never in his life trained for even inside fighting in boxing...how is he gonna be ready for grappling in a street fight? He won't learn a skill that is useful in his own profession.
                    You make it sound like Chan is a skilled grappler. But isn't his expertise more in the striking realm?

Comment

Are we in a ladder factory? Is Jackie holding a baby? Does Jackie want no trabble?

Comment

Working...
                      X