Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abel Sanchez: Ward Convinced Judges, He Did NOT Beat Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
    Fair enough.

I thought Ward was spot on though. There are many current trainers with over 10 years of experience at the top level and they're not being interviewed as often.
    Sanchez maybe enjoys the limelight, maybe has an ego. But he is an entertaining interview and doesn't just speak in cliches. He lays out what he's thinking in an entertaining way. Other trainers are more circumspect and not as entertaining or don't want so much of the limelight.

The thing that amazes me is that boxing is all about beating the crap out of the opponent. Yet so many fans can't take someone with a strong opinion that differs from theirs. Beat the crap out of opponents but everyone is supposed to stay all meek and mild when they open their mouths. Only in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
      The man said it was 1 round apart and could have gone either way
      But he still says he had 114-113 Kovalev live. His position never changed. He felt Kovalev won the fight then and now.

You posted that video like it proved something. I didn't know we weren't allowed to rewatch fights to form a more sound opinion.
      Last edited by SilverMiles; 01-02-2017, 03:54 PM.

Comment

SilverMiles is absolutely right
        Sanchez always said the thought Kovalev won
        he also said it was close enough that he could understand how it was judged the other way
        doesn't mean he thinks Ward won
        How on earth could you draw that conclusion?

Comment

The minute GGG gets eliminated (and that could very well be March 18th) Abel Sanchez will disappear from the big time as well. Talks way too much for being the level of trainer he is, which is C+, B- at best..

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
            waaaaah

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
              Sanchez has always said Kovalev won, this thread has made a lot of posters look foolish, not just you.

Sanchez stated that Ward won on MULTIPLE occasions

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                Sanchez stated that Ward won on MULTIPLE occasions

So he scored it the same way he had it before...114-113 kovalev? Is there somewhere he actually says "i thought ward won"? I really don't wanna be involved in this argument at all, but as far as I've seen, he hasn't changed his position.

Comment

Originally posted by crisantonio917 View Post
                  The minute GGG gets eliminated (and that could very well be March 18th) Abel Sanchez will disappear from the big time as well. Talks way too much for being the level of trainer he is, which is C+, B- at best..
                  It's kind of the same as freddy roach a few years back. The trainers are brought into the mix way too much these days...all this announcing them before the fights nonsense and interviewing them at length. Part of the problem is that one interview gets diced up into 10 different videos that get posted all over the place with 10 different titles tho.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                    Sanchez maybe enjoys the limelight, maybe has an ego. But he is an entertaining interview and doesn't just speak in cliches. He lays out what he's thinking in an entertaining way. Other trainers are more circumspect and not as entertaining or don't want so much of the limelight.
                    He clearly enjoys being the center of attention. He can be irritating at times but I understand why the media love him. Some trainers are offensive and tend to be vocal in the media while others are more reserved and appear more humble. You have Freddie Roach and Abel Sanchez and you have Naazim Richardson and Ronnie Shields. I have more respect for the second category, but to each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      Stop kicking my mangina!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X