Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If PBC had belts would you respect / acknowlege them over the Alpphabet titles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jas View Post
    Pbc wont exist after this year

Its been a massive failure and its unsustainable

Well done al haymon

/thread

care to wager on that? 50k says PBC still exists next year . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
      Pbc wont exist after this year

Its been a massive failure and its unsustainable

Well done al haymon

/thread
      They have too much capital and clout now to just go away in a year, even if they fail at monopolizing USA Boxing it would take like six years to really disappear.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        They have too much capital and clout now to just go away in a year, even if they fail at monopolizing USA Boxing it would take like six years to really disappear.

I don't think they are going anywhere

reports of their demise have been hugely exaggerated

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          I don't think they are going anywhere

reports of their demise have been hugely exaggerated
          Yea I think people just want them to go away, which is different. I am often resistant to change as well, but I also want boxing to succeed and return to prominence like in the golden era, and I think PBC is a much needed breathe of fresh air to the sport.

I know once PBC picks up Parker you will be on board.

Comment

Yea I think people just want them to go away, which is different. I am often resistant to change as well, but I also want boxing to succeed and return to prominence like in the golden era, and I think PBC is a much needed breathe of fresh air to the sport.

I know once PBC picks up Parker you will be on board.

hahah yea anyone would be better than duco

always been on board with PBC, never said a word against them

Haymon is smart

but PBC has only been around for 5 minutes, and I always wait before swinging from the rooftops with joy

Comment

hahah yea anyone would be better than duco

always been on board with PBC, never said a word against them

Haymon is smart

but PBC has only been around for 5 minutes, and I always wait before swinging from the rooftops with joy
              That's fine and fair but don't expect it to be some night/day difference from one day to the next, we can observe and acknowledge key changes in the process/progress as things develop.

Comment

That's fine and fair but don't expect it to be some night/day difference from one day to the next, we can observe and acknowledge key changes in the process/progress as things develop.

that is the WHOLE problem, and my WHOLE point

PBC will compete with the ABC bodies, on THEIR level..... and nothing much will change

like you said, we will have to wait and see what happens over the next few years

I think they will continue to be successful at what they do now

Comment

that is the WHOLE problem, and my WHOLE point

PBC will compete with the ABC bodies, on THEIR level..... and nothing much will change

like you said, we will have to wait and see what happens over the next few years

I think they will continue to be successful at what they do now

But they won't be competing with the ABC bodies, PBC already holds most of the titles and will continue to accrue them.

Your last rebuttal to that point was "they will just make more titles" but we both know it isn't that simple for them, you can't just pump out more titles at a crazy rate or you will lose credibility fast among the other ABC bodies alone, it's like pumping millions of dollars into an economy and not expecting the currency to drop or react in any way, it's absurd to think there aren't consequences to that sort of reaction, and the ABC bodies are smarter than that. They will get desperate but that doesn't mean they will do something stupid and make the situation worse.

Don King at one point was considered unstoppable in the industry and look at his relevance now? If you don't think that can't also happen to the ABC bodies you're crazy.

Comment

• the alphabelts only gained power because TV wanted them. they keep their power because TV wants them. if US TV ever rejects them, they're toast.

haymon can't afford to reject them until he's got his longterm TV deal and HBO pulls out of the business.

wasn't that long ago that the WBU was considered a "world" title in the UK because the TV networks allowed it. when sky said no more WBU, the WBU was a cooked goose. when sky said no more IBO and when gary shaw lost his grip of showtime, the IBO lost all of their momentum and still hasn't recovered.

you're only a world champion because the television tells the audience that you are . . .

Comment

But they won't be competing with the ABC bodies, PBC already holds most of the titles and will continue to accrue them.

Your last rebuttal to that point was "they will just make more titles" but we both know it isn't that simple for them, you can't just pump out more titles at a crazy rate or you will lose credibility fast among the other ABC bodies alone, it's like pumping millions of dollars into an economy and not expecting the currency to drop or react in any way, it's absurd to think there aren't consequences to that sort of reaction, and the ABC bodies are smarter than that. They will get desperate but that doesn't mean they will do something stupid and make the situation worse.

Don King at one point was considered unstoppable in the industry and look at his relevance now? If you don't think that can't also happen to the ABC bodies you're crazy.

no, you misunderstand.... why would the ABC organisations need to make new "titles", they have titles already?..... the very second PBC establish their own "belts", they would automatically be vacating the ABC belts..... the ABC bodies will react, they will simply adjust their rankings and appoint new champions..... why would they choose to recognize the new PBC belt?

..... and that is because PBC would be competing with them, on THEIR level..... by doing the exact same thing, bringing the total to 5

we went over all that already

in order to justify their existence, the ABC bodies need only to ask the question, NOT supply the answer..... otherwise it would be impossible to have 4 of them already, it would be impossible to have 2

e.g.
                      Golovkin fans justified Wade by saying..... " mando doe "

they will just appoint new champions, just like they do now when a champ retires

PBC would need a hostile takeover for that to work.... they would need to restructure boxing officially, not become the 5th opinion proclaiming to be the best, no matter how many of the "old" titles they managed to grab

Comment

Working...
                      X