Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oleksandr Usyk to face Michael Hunter Jr on Golovkin-Jacobs card?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oleksandr Usyk to face Michael Hunter Jr on Golovkin-Jacobs card?

http://boxingnews.com.ua/en/news/184...jklom-hanterom

According to Mitchell Abramson, WBO cruiserweight world champion Oleksandr Usyk (10-0, 10 KOs) might face unbeaten American prospect Michael Hunter Jr (12-0, 8 KOs) on March 19 in New York. This fight, if it goes ahead, will be the part of HBO PPV card, which will be headlined by Gennady Golovkin - Daniel Jacobs fight.
    Last edited by The Hammer; 12-31-2016, 01:46 PM.

Usyk is 1-0 with 10 KO's? Dude is a beast!!!!!

But seriously. Going from fighting a champ to a journeyman to a prospect? Surely they can find someone better than a prospect

Comment

usyk fights like he's a 4'11 straweight ukranian willie pep.

his face doesnt match his fighting style.

i was expecting conan the barbarian like style instead i saw a giant wanna be lomachenko.

his hairstyle has a lot of potential too....

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

But seriously. Going from fighting a champ to a journeyman to a prospect? Surely they can find someone better than a prospect
        Hunter has more pro fights than Usyk.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Hunter has more pro fights than Usyk.
          C'mon man. Don't do this. You're smarter than that. The guy is a prospect. Quality not quantity.

Comment

C'mon man. Don't do this. You're smarter than that. The guy is a prospect. Quality not quantity.
            You mean he's fought weaker opposition? Obviously.

But Hunter is a ranked contender with more fights than Usyk.

Comment

I remember his dad Mike the bounty Hunter. He was an entertaining fighter. I never saw his son fight

Comment

yes he ko'd the same opponent ten times in a row. that was a late stoppage imo

Comment

He's a quality opponent. He was a standout amateur and Olympian, he's way better than somebody like Bellew who's a Champion. Being a prospect doesn't mean you can't fight, it's not always about the name.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    You mean he's fought weaker opposition? Obviously.

But Hunter is a ranked contender with more fights than Usyk.
                    I'm not expecting him to fight Glowacki or Gassiev on the undercard. Just saying maybe a contender instead of a prospect

Comment

Working...
                    X