Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oleksandr Usyk to face Michael Hunter Jr on Golovkin-Jacobs card?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haymon ain't f#cking around for real lol. This seems like a throwing a guy to the wolves situation doe.

Usyk went from top prospect, in boxing not just his division, to the #1 guy in the division mad quick. I think most, myself included, feel like his reign in the division will be long & impressive as he only gets better with experience. Meanwhile Hunter seems like a cat who's been dabbling in boxing as a okay-ish prospect for the last 3 or so years before finally getting put into a meaningful fight (vs fellow prospect Isiah Thomas) & winning. It would seem like you'd wanna move up for sure, but not move up to Usyk. I guess respect for taking the fight & these things can always turn into good learning experiences win, lose or draw, but I think this is all Usyk all day & Usyk will be like a -2000 to -5000 betting favorite.

Comment

I like Hunter as a prospect, but he's nowhere near ready for this fight. Hopefully Usyk's crew finds someone else. Wlodarczyk would be ideal imo, I'd even settle for old Firat Arslan over this

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        I'm not expecting him to fight Glowacki or Gassiev on the undercard. Just saying maybe a contender instead of a prospect
        Hunter is a cruiserweight contender.

WBO #8
        IBF #11
        WBA #14

And he's age 28 and a former Olympian like Usyk.

Like Usyk, Hunter had a long amateur career, here's part of his amateur record:

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Human:640268

Time for Hunter to step up, they shouldn't pamper him forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Hunter is a cruiserweight contender.

WBO #8
          IBF #11
          WBA #14

And he's age 28 and a former Olympian like Usyk.

Like Usyk, Hunter had a long amateur career, here's part of his amateur record:

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Human:640268

Time for Hunter to step up, they shouldn't pamper him forever.
          Ok imma watch it. If you say the guy is good then I'll check it out

Comment

Hunter's no more/less of a prospect than Usyk. They're approximately same age, same amateur & pro experience - Hunter's simply not as good as Usyk, but he's arguably a tougher option than Steven Cunningham or Olanrewaju Durodola who were the other rumored opponents.

It's an HBO ppv undercard fight. Usyk wasn't going to be fighting Gassiev, Lebedev, or Huck.

Comment

Hunter is a good fighter, went really close with Beterbiev in the olympics, but Usyk is a huge step up in competition, he is cashing himself out the same as Breazele did, but only that Breazele is a worse fighter and made more money than the one that Hunter can make facing Usyk.

Comment

Hard to get a read on Michael Hunter as a Pro, excellent Amateur career though still thought he got robbed vs Beterbiev at the 2012 Olympics and missed the opportunity to face Usyk the next round Ironically but yes this would be a excellent undercard match up but wasn't this match up rumored back in September if I'm not mistaken

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Hard to get a read on Michael Hunter as a Pro, excellent Amateur career though still thought he got robbed vs Beterbiev at the 2012 Olympics and missed the opportunity to face Usyk the next round Ironically but yes this would be a excellent undercard match up but wasn't this match up rumored back in September if I'm not mistaken
                    It was rumored, Hunter's management said no then. But they should receive a decent payday for a PPV fight in March, so they may agree this time.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                      No robbery there, but Hunter has some skills and is big & strong.

He also fought at super heavyweight in the amateurs.

Comment

Working...
                      X