No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn: "It is like the IBF belt will be on the line for Brook vs Khan"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    who gives two ****ing ****s if spence doesnt get his shot for a bit longer, i dont. Khan v brook is the match up that brings boxing into the big time, bad blood, close to 50/50 with the bookies, stadium fight. THeres plenty of other welterweights to fight for spence in the time being, how about he shuts his trap and finds someone else to fight . Its a deep division, its not kell brook or bust ffs. Could even step up to 154 for a catchweight fight. ANd the ****ing idiots on other threads saying brooks a cherry picker, the guy just stepped up two divisions and fought gennady golovkin ffs. Oh wait i forgot, he fought golovkin cause he was ducking jessie vargas, thats what people told me before (yes really, im not making that up)
    Real talk.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      No idea. but he didn't
      Because they passed on the fight. That's why he had to go all the way down to to Bundu. And those fighters lost their rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
        Spence is the #1 fighter and mandatory. Jeff Horn is now ranked #2. Spence has been the mandatory challenger for a while now, so not sure if you are talking about Spence or Brook?

IBF isn't going to change their rules, and do not allow step-asides. It's pretty simple.....Brook has to fight Spence next or he will be stripped, and Spence and Horn will fight for the vacant belt. Khan wants a tune-up in april, so why doesn't Brook just fight Spence in April? His mandatories were always so important to him before, but Spence is no Jojodan, Bizer, etc. He is a jackass for holding the belt hostage.

Khan is more money, and a much easier opponent, so that is what he will do.
        Did you read the post I replied to before you replied to me? Obviously you didn't or you wouldn't be repeating the same things to me as I said earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
          based on what? did you actually listen to what hearn said? he said brook-khan would happen with or without the belt and they'd figure out what to do about the belt after the fight is signed. there was no mention of a step aside. the mandatory is not due yet and brook is injured. hearn can possibly seek an exception like anybody else.
          Nope didn't listen
          Thanks for the explanation

Comment

How dare they do this to the next big american PPV P4P #1 star.

Comment

errol spence just drew 6 million viewers for his last fight. he's clearly the biggest star in boxing and yet brook goes for khan who did 500k?

Comment

Spence can wait. Brook v Khan for IBF lets go! Britain runs boxing.

Comment

Not gonna happen, if Brook fights Khan then he'll be stripped by the IBF, no step aside deals here. If Brook wants to keep his belt then it's Spence or nothing.

Not sure why Brook vs Khan is being hyped so much still, for me it's lost a lot of it's lustre since both guys got beat comfortably last time out. I like Brook but he can't eat his cake and have it.

Comment

Originally posted by cal202 View Post
                    Spence can wait. Brook v Khan for IBF lets go! Britain runs boxing.

Ya'll just don't want to see Spence bring the WW title home to the States...so you can continue to tell that joke.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                      Not gonna happen, if Brook fights Khan then he'll be stripped by the IBF, no step aside deals here. If Brook wants to keep his belt then it's Spence or nothing.

Not sure why Brook vs Khan is being hyped so much still, for me it's lost a lot of it's lustre since both guys got beat comfortably last time out. I like Brook but he can't eat his cake and have it.
                      ...because they know Brook will lose to Spence.

Comment

Working...
                      X