No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn: "It is like the IBF belt will be on the line for Brook vs Khan"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    why cant spence fight someone else in the time being. Why is it in boxing that people seem to focus on one name so much. The belt means ****, belts mean **** in general. Im sure ibf would let him fight someone else in the time being cause theyve let brook fight khan. Or let me guess, spence will use this as an excuse to fight someone whos useless? Straight out of the wilder playbook 'oh povetkin/brook wont fight me, that means i can fight bums now'
    If the khan fight gets made of course spence will then fight someone. But kell is supposed to fight mandatory next. The belt doesn't mean shlt at all. brook fought bums for 10 years and wants to cash out

Comment

Spence is a Haymon fighter infected with the same culture of inactivity. It's so obvious Brook is focused on the Khan fight, which is a big money fight. I don't know what this guy is waiting for. He could at least put pressure on Brook and demand answers so he can look for another opponent. Boxing is so f#ckd up with the kind of fighters this sport have.

Comment

Khan-Brook will be a damn good fight and of course Spence would have to fall in line..but it is weird cause the IBF usually enforces its fights

Comment

I don't believe a word Hearn says, the IBF will force the mandatory, the only way Brook vs Khan gets made with the title on the line is if Spence agrees to take step aside money, which I don't see him doing.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
            I don't believe a word Hearn says, the IBF will force the mandatory, the only way Brook vs Khan gets made with the title on the line is if Spence agrees to take step aside money, which I don't see him doing.
            I don't think IBF allows step aside money.

IBF could give an extension, they've done it before - with a guaranteed title shot for the winner. Not sure what their exact rules are, but since Spence didn't fight the #1 or #2 contender, his mandatory shot might be postponed.

In reality, he should fight a proper fight for the mandatory anyway. But that is what it is. I'm sure some exposure on PPV in the UK and on Showtime would be good for Spence too i.e. fight on the undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              why cant spence fight someone else in the time being. Why is it in boxing that people seem to focus on one name so much. The belt means ****, belts mean **** in general. Im sure ibf would let him fight someone else in the time being cause theyve let brook fight khan. Or let me guess, spence will use this as an excuse to fight someone whos useless? Straight out of the wilder playbook 'oh povetkin/brook wont fight me, that means i can fight bums now'
              lmfao are you serious?? thats all you GGG fans cried about when Cotto and Canelo was GGG's mandatory and now you post this?

Then you somehow spin it to trash Spence??WTF????

Comment

The winner would have to fight spence anyways. They can't run away from him.

Comment

If they don't strip Brook for fight khan over Spence but strip Fury over a rematch.... they are even more horse**** then the WBO..

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    The winner would have to fight spence anyways. They can't run away from him.
                    You mean Spence is willing to wait that long? He'll be about 8-9 months inactive by the time the winner is declared. Give or take 1-2 months of negotiations, 2 months of training, etc. No problem. He's young doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
                      If they don't strip Brook for fight khan over Spence but strip Fury over a rematch.... they are even more horse**** then the WBO..
                      The IBF follows their rules 100% at all times.

There was no wiggle room in the Fury situation because Duva demanded an immediate purse bid and once she made that demand, it was too late for Fury to ask for an exception.

Duva has publicly bragged it was a strategic move to cause Fury to be stripped.

Comment

Working...
                      X