Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Hits Back at Critics of His Opponent Wawrzyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Edward90 View Post
    There's factionalism in all nations, but it's painful in the US. The four different nations part is so-so valid. Example: Are you telling me British people aren't amped about Frampton's year?

To continuously give Charlo crap is crap. Within 2 minutes, he acknowledged that he messed up, tried to make amends, and apologized. After JRock was talking crap for a year, now Charlo is the childish one. You had one guy on here calling him "******" and a "thug" just because he was amped after getting a career-changing KO. For comparison, Bellew and Haye are calling each other bellends and twats. however, Charlo is childish?

How doesn't Crawford have an exciting style? He gets his opponents out of there when he can. The Postol fight wasn't action packed, but what other fight wasn't Bud throwing? Bradley also puts on a good show. I can understand people not digging Ward's style, but come on. It's not just paranoia. Like I said, it may not be as bad as I perceive it, but if excitement level is equal, Americans most likely aren't going to side with its American boxers and one wrong step will have them in the trash heap.

Keep that pimp hand on them hoes.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      What happened to: "I'll go straight into a top fight?"
      Wish he would have but he better next time around no more excuses after this. Padded his record long enough.

Comment

• If you read what he says in the article he makes a point (more in regards to casual fans than to us hardcores).

Still I'm okay with this fight because of the hand surgery but after this I want to see him in with a "known" big name fighter to really test himself. I'm a big Wilder fan but his team really needs to make sure they get him a big name opponent next, I know PEDvetkin screwed them but you can't use that as an excuse for too long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baltimore View Post
          If you read what he says in the article he makes a point (more in regards to casual fans than to us hardcores).

Still I'm okay with this fight because of the hand surgery but after this I want to see him in with a "known" big name fighter to really test himself. I'm a big Wilder fan but his team really needs to make sure they get him a big name opponent next, I know PEDvetkin screwed them but you can't use that as an excuse for too long.
          Who wants some of Wilder??

Comment

• Originally posted by Edward90 View Post
            There's factionalism in all nations, but it's painful in the US. The four different nations part is so-so valid. Example: Are you telling me British people aren't amped about Frampton's year?

To continuously give Charlo crap is crap. Within 2 minutes, he acknowledged that he messed up, tried to make amends, and apologized. After JRock was talking crap for a year, now Charlo is the childish one. You had one guy on here calling him "******" and a "thug" just because he was amped after getting a career-changing KO. For comparison, Bellew and Haye are calling each other bellends and twats. however, Charlo is childish?

How doesn't Crawford have an exciting style? He gets his opponents out of there when he can. The Postol fight wasn't action packed, but what other fight wasn't Bud throwing? Bradley also puts on a good show. I can understand people not digging Ward's style, but come on. It's not just paranoia. Like I said, it may not be as bad as I perceive it, but if excitement level is equal, Americans most likely aren't going to side with its American boxers and one wrong step will have them in the trash heap.
            I think Ward got a good amount of support in his fight against Kovalev. I thought there was a moderately strong pro-American feeling around him and his fight against a Russian.

Charlo's behaviour was completely out of keeping with how boxers are supposed to behave, and usually do behave, right after a fight even when there is genuine animosity. It isn't easy to warm to a grown man who behaves in the worst ways of a child, and that is how Charlo behaved there. However the Charlo criticism hasn't been at all disproportionate. There is always a few on here saying ****** things about everyone.

You think Tony Bellew and David Haye don't get a hell of a lot of criticism for their behaviour, or Tyson Fury or any other British fighter who says behaves poorly?

It isn't really a question of whether Crawford is throwing punches or not but the manner in which he fights. He stunk the place out on HBO against Klimov. He perhaps didn't try hard enough to stop Burns even though he was fighting in Scotland and he was happy to just jab Beltran's face off rather than push for a stoppage. Now I thoroughly enjoyed his performance against Beltran but not everyone is going to be so excited. His other stoppage performances, outside of the Gamboa fight which was fantastic, were very methodical sort of stoppages. Crawford is a very measured fighter, that is a large part of what makes him so great but it means that his style is not in and of itself amongst the most exciting in the sport. However Crawford does still seem to me to be popular, he doesn't get much criticism and his stature in the sport will only increase if Arum and HBO can get him the the very best opponents, something they have so far mostly failed to do.
            Last edited by Humean; 12-29-2016, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              Here comes more Anti-American hatred, they already knock-off Crawford from his spot on the P4P, been hating on Andre Ward taking every shot any chance they get....same thing happened to 'Money' Mayweather and till this day since the man retired boxingscene stays printing BS leeching of this man!!! Hating on D.S.G hating on Tim Bradley hating on the great Bernard Hopkins...now Deontay Wilder has a campaign against him for the cowardly acts of the rest of the HW division....I cant stand this **** no more!!!
              lol @ you making it always about "hate".

I have love for Crawford and Bradley both and support all their recent moves, but the rest of these cats you list deserve that criticism. Especially cats like Wilder. LMFAO @ you defending him.

Originally posted by Edward90 View Post
              I do think that American boxers do get a bit more criticism than is actually warranted, but I may be a bit biased. However, some of it is justified and a lot of the criticism comes from our fellow Ameeicans. We don't support our own the way orher countries do...

And why should "we"?

I was born in California and did six years fighting overseas with this flag on my shoulder.

And yet, look at my siglist. Are they all from the USA? NO!

Why? Because I am a BOXING FAN, I am here to watch fights, and I choose who I root for based on style, story, skill, and excitement, NOT color of skin, creed, or nationality!

And more people should be like me instead of ignorant close minded nationalistic phucks. This isn't the olympics bish boy. Let that BS go and just be a fan of fighters with no regard for the rest!

~wraps

Comment

• Stiverne was the #2 rated contender at heavyweight when Wilder beat him. Duhaupas and Molina both reached the top 10 rankings after getting stopped by Wilder. Wilder's resume is just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Stiverne was the #2 rated contender at heavyweight when Wilder beat him. Duhaupas and Molina both reached the top 10 rankings after getting stopped by Wilder. Wilder's resume is just fine.
                  amen to that...

Comment

• With such an opponent Harmon shouldn't be surprised why the ratings are always low on terrestrial TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                      Let the whore that raised you eat a ****.

AJ's whole career has been tune up fights....you're cool with that for some reason.
                      Good whatabouterry (look it up). Not that you're wrong, but it's the simple truth that, win or lose, come April AJ is going to have a better resumé than Bumsquad having had half the fights. Wilder needs a career-defining fight in 2017, and no smokescreen crybabying about other boxers is going to change that.

Comment

Working...
                      X