Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Bruce Lee have become a great boxer? Mayweather says he's fake.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bruce lee was an actor. you're more than welcome to find me footage of lee fighting, or even sparring outside of his "demonstrations," where people are clearly coached to do certain things and react a certain way.

you think the "one inch punch" perfected on actors and yes men is going to hold a candle to what floyd mayweather and his father and uncle perfected over a lifetime?

floyd mayweather is a fighter. bruce lee was an actor.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      I cant believe ppl are actually STILL wondering why there is no video footage of ALL Lees fights and think outside ring fighting isnt legit unless you put on boxing gloves ..lol

My friend was a bare knuckle champion up here and was actually Larry Holmes protege for a awhile back in the day ,he was pretty good and was known to put ppl in comas bc he did that twice (one was like 270 pounds athletic football player ) as a matter of fact im the only guy he couldn't k.o and he even had weight lifting gloves on (We fought to a draw ,boy was that bloody ..lol and the tall kid in my sig is his son amateur boxer ) Point is .....this guy fought Wilder and lost a few years back ,however you take those gloves off and you have a different fight on your hands without a crowd or referee .

Lee would hurt Floyd ,ppl dont realise if Lee uses grappling (He knew jui jitsu locks ) and striking hes done ,theres literally nothing he could do really . I could have won that fight if i had used my grappling but we agreed to punches only ,if you use EVERYTHING to a non physically strong guy , well a talent like Lee simply wins over a Mayweather type the polls for once reflects that and those who voted Mayweather ? You are wrong .
      Exactly. Each scenerio is slightly different. The trolls confuse people by bandying around terms. Lee was indeed, not a professional fighter. He was an excellent teacher with experience in fighting. The thing is back then a lot more guys had to be fighters...

I suspect you and I and others who have experience in the martial arts community, including scraps! could speak all day on this. The trolls will just keep repeating the same old hoping that if they repeat it enough it will magically become true.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
        bruce lee was an actor. you're more than welcome to find me footage of lee fighting, or even sparring outside of his "demonstrations," where people are clearly coached to do certain things and react a certain way.

you think the "one inch punch" perfected on actors and yes men is going to hold a candle to what floyd mayweather and his father and uncle perfected over a lifetime?

doesnt matter man, they hate Floyd and pick anyone to beat him for some strange reason..even when you see the man punching like this They still pick him to beat one of the greatest boxers ever to lace up a pair of gloves

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
          bruce lee was an actor. you're more than welcome to find me footage of lee fighting, or even sparring outside of his "demonstrations," where people are clearly coached to do certain things and react a certain way.

Actually Lee was a martial artist first and then an actor. Proof? his training methods and his training schedule. Tape of sparring does not indicate that someone was a fighter unless one is questioning whether one sparred or not. There is no question that Lee sparred, many have vouched for sparring with him.

There is plenty of footage of lee teaching concepts, not simply demonstrating. His one real demonstration was at the Long Beach Invitational at the invitation of Ed Parker. Thats where the film of his one inch punch was taken BTW.

You obviously don't know Lee if you think he was less about perfecting something than Mayweather. YOu also don't appear to know much about the one inch punch, but most people really don't. They get that it is about not telegraphing, shooting the punch from a very short trajectory...but jack Dempsey did that right? If one looks at Wing CHun punching technique, and the straight line of attack methods espoused in both classical Western Fencing and Wing Chun you don't turn the fist...You also hit towards the centerline driving fowards. Lee was trying to maximize explosiveness doing this movement and attack.

A one inch punch cannot really be used with gloves. When it is applied it is done repeatedly... you can watch guys like Chuck Zito, who studied boxing his entire life, use one inch punches when he is closing ground with no gloves on. In other words its a natural technique for punching with the bare hands and maximizing force. By the way most individuals who were training dummies for Lee using the one inch punch must be liars...The general consensus is they were not so willing. Some of them even actively trying to stop the blow...

Comment

• Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
            doesnt matter man, they hate Floyd and pick anyone to beat him for some strange reason..even when you see the man punching like this They still pick him to beat one of the greatest boxers ever to lace up a pair of gloves
            Nobody picks Bruce to best Floyd cos they hate Floyd. Its cos Lee was a great martialk artist, a highly respected one. Considered the best in his field. He wasn't a anyone.

They pick Lee cos he was dedicated and driven a and trained like a demon. There's nothing g in that heavy bag footage that's shows Lee wouldn't beat Floyd. Anyone who experiuenced bruyces jkd knew they witnessed something special

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Nobody picks Bruce to best Floyd cos they hate Floyd. Its cos Lee was a great martialk artist, a highly respected one. Considered the best in his field. He wasn't a anyone.

They pick Lee cos he was dedicated and driven a and trained like a demon. There's nothing g in that heavy bag footage that's shows Lee wouldn't beat Floyd. Anyone who experiuenced bruyces jkd knew they witnessed something special
              So Floyd was dedicated and driven like a demon?? Floyd isnt a great boxer that we actually have footage of??? read what you wrote and you just described Mayweather except he was actually a proven elite fighter

Comment

• Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
                So Floyd was dedicated and driven like a demon?? Floyd isnt a great boxer that we actually have footage of??? read what you wrote and you just described Mayweather except he was actually a proven elite fighter
                The people who encountered Lee were more in awe of Bruce. They'd pick Lee against anyone any size. That's what Bruce wanted as well. Bruce didn't pout limits on what he is and isn't supposed to be able to do.
                But nobody is picking on Floyd. Anyone who thinks lkee destroys Floyd, thinks he destroys all of Floyd's peers as well, be it PAC, berto, SSM or dlh and hatton
                Last edited by hugh grant; 01-03-2017, 07:02 PM.

Comment

The people who encountered Lee were more in awe of Bruce. They'd pick Lee against anyone any size. That's what Bruce wanted as well. Bruce didn't pout limits on what he is and isn't supposed to be able to do.
                  When he had the chance to prove his ability on TV in a fight, he ducked. This is FACT. He wasn't a fighter.

Comment

But nobody is picking on Floyd. Anyone who thinks lkee destroys Floyd, thinks he destroys all of Floyd's peers as well, be it PAC, berto, SSM or dlh and hatton
                    Picking Lee who you literally have never seen fight over an elite fighter is ****ing stupid..you dont know how he handles a punch or anything..It is delusional

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                      When he had the chance to prove his ability on TV in a fight, he ducked. This is FACT. He wasn't a fighter.
                      This thread is filled with delusion..i Guarantee had you replaced Mayweathers name with Pacquiao the replies would be much different

Comment

Working...
                      X