Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Bruce Lee have become a great boxer? Mayweather says he's fake.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    The bold part. Same here. To me that has tremendous value. Maybe I am assuming things but I would never look at a general source and quote it, I would use it as a means to gain rudimentary knowledge. its not designed to be a source, and the accuracy is very general. Most intelligent people cannot read something like "____For dummys" because its too basic. Wiki is usually much more informative and helpful in understanding the basics of a concept or idea.

Peer review is way past wiki epistemology. But there is regulation, social regulation. I like that idea. People are pressured socially to be accurate. I would not put that in the same category as peer review. I respect your posts but really disagree about Wiki. We need people in the internet to take some responsability for knowledge content, the standards for Wiki are, in a sense a reflection of the community which uses it.
    Originally posted by Dolor View Post
    I have no idea where you got this from - where did I say that wiki competes with e.g. review papers in speciality journals, or will be cited in scientific papers? It doesn't - it is an encyclopedia aimed at the average reader. This is true for all encyclopedias, not just Wiki.

Do you think that in medicine, anyone would cite from e.g. articles in the well respected) Encyclopedia Britannica? Of course not. Does that mean Encyclopedia Britannica is rubbish? Of course not. Does that mean that articles in the Encyclopedia Britannica are inacurrate? Of course not. But, like any encyclopedia, it lacks the level of detail found in scientific journals.
    fair enough guys.

You make good points billeau2.

Comment

• Conor Mcgregor says Bruce Lee would be WORLD CHAMPION IN MMA TODAY.

INTERVIEW HERE.

Comment

• Originally posted by O Prophet View Post
        Bruce Lee took boxing in college because he felt that it was much more useful than traditional martial arts in real situations. I remember reading that Bruce won the boxing tournament in Hong Kong and even KO'ed a British boxing champion.

Obviously Bruce went on to become an actor and developed his own martial arts style. But if he had become a boxer, do ya'll think he would have become world champion? All around him who have watched him seem to think so.

Also, I saw this interview where Mayweather said that Bruce Lee wasn't real like he was. Who do you guys think would win in a real fight, Mayweather or Bruce Lee??

I think Bruce whoops Fraud Jr's ass.
        This is stupid. Bruce Lee never in his life was a professional fighter. People talk about him without understanding exactly what he was and what he wasnt.

Bruce Lee was a fightmaster, but their was no MMM back then. He doesnt know what its like to fight consistantly for an entire career. Training in camp, making weight, jumping on a scale, and fighting the next day.

Healing wounds, and gearing up to do it all over again for the next bout.

He used to compete in little karate tournaments, where they do a few short rounds and slowly move up a little bracket when they win.

People dont realize this. Floyd in the ring, was the man that Bruce Lee was in his movies.

All that, standing effortlessly in front of a foe, and popping him with lightning speed, as the punch gets inches away from his face, and he doesnt blink because he knows its not close enough to land.

Floyd was actually Bruce Lee in REAL LIFE.

Bruce Lee only did that stuff in movies, and in real fights, Im sure it would look a little more sloppy. He wasnt going to be doing any clean, sharp buttwhippings, so dominate, that it looked choreographed.

Floyd's fights were so one sided and smooth, that it looked like him and his opponents choreographed it for hrs, leading up to the bout.

With Floyd being an ACTUAL professional fighter, and Bruce Lee NOT being one, I mean obviously, this is a mismatch.

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
          This is stupid. Bruce Lee never in his life was a professional fighter. People talk about him without understanding exactly what he was and what he wasnt.

Bruce Lee was a fightmaster, but their was no MMM back then. He doesnt know what its like to fight consistantly for an entire career. Training in camp, making weight, jumping on a scale, and fighting the next day.

Healing wounds, and gearing up to do it all over again for the next bout.

He used to compete in little karate tournaments, where they do a few short rounds and slowly move up a little bracket when they win.

People dont realize this. Floyd in the ring, was the man that Bruce Lee was in his movies.

All that, standing effortlessly in front of a foe, and popping him with lightning speed, as the punch gets inches away from his face, and he doesnt blink because he knows its not close enough to land.

Floyd was actually Bruce Lee in REAL LIFE.

Bruce Lee only did that stuff in movies, and in real fights, Im sure it would look a little more sloppy. He wasnt going to be doing any clean, sharp buttwhippings, so dominate, that it looked choreographed.

Floyd's fights were so one sided and smooth, that it looked like him and his opponents choreographed it for hrs, leading up to the bout.

With Floyd being an ACTUAL professional fighter, and Bruce Lee NOT being one, I mean obviously, this is a mismatch.

You are another idiot who confuses a boxing match with an actual street fight. There are documented proof of Bruce Lee winning street fights while lil Floyd needs his bodyguards to protect him when he takes his kids to school.

The only victory Floyd had in the streets is his Baby Momma.

Bruce Lee was an actual FIGHTER, Floyd is a coward ATHLETE who is boring as fk and cheats with IVs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Ruthless View Post

You are another idiot who confuses a boxing match with an actual street fight. There are documented proof of Bruce Lee winning street fights while lil Floyd needs his bodyguards to protect him when he takes his kids to school.

The only victory Floyd had in the streets is his Baby Momma.

Bruce Lee was an actual FIGHTER, Floyd is a coward ATHLETE who is boring as fk and cheats with IVs.
            Where's this "proof"? For something so easily available, it's sure as hell difficult to find.

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
              Where's this "proof"? For something so easily available, it's sure as hell difficult to find.
              Street fighters don't tape things. Proof is always anecdotal. But it is proof. And actually the post you are responding to makes a good point about Floyd, namely that he is an athlete and not a street fighter.

Mike Tyson who had experience as a street fighter broke his hand throwing a punch at Mitch Green...

Lee would not break his hand trying to throw a punch delivered properly for a gloved hand. And range wise? lee could kick so well that his feet were practically like hands. Little Floyd would probably get smacked in the head and groin.

Street fights and challenge matches are not pretty...Here is an anecdotal account of Lee fighting another Wing Chun stylist.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/67108...ged-real-fight

Messy huh? Thats the way things were done back then. lee took this encounter to heart and subsequently developed his art out of the confines of traditional Wing Chun because of this encounter.

The interesting thing is that Lee approached the fight as a street fighter, as opposed to the other gentleman. BY THE WAY, the other fighter comes from a very strong fighting lineage. I happen to know students of some of Wong's students, whom I met while training people out of San Francisco's Chinatown. So this guy was no joke!

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                Street fighters don't tape things. Proof is always anecdotal. But it is proof. And actually the post you are responding to makes a good point about Floyd, namely that he is an athlete and not a street fighter.

Mike Tyson who had experience as a street fighter broke his hand throwing a punch at Mitch Green...

Lee would not break his hand trying to throw a punch delivered properly for a gloved hand. And range wise? lee could kick so well that his feet were practically like hands. Little Floyd would probably get smacked in the head and groin.

Street fights and challenge matches are not pretty...Here is an anecdotal account of Lee fighting another Wing Chun stylist.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/67108...ged-real-fight

Messy huh? Thats the way things were done back then. lee took this encounter to heart and subsequently developed his art out of the confines of traditional Wing Chun because of this encounter.

The interesting thing is that Lee approached the fight as a street fighter, as opposed to the other gentleman. BY THE WAY, the other fighter comes from a very strong fighting lineage. I happen to know students of some of Wong's students, whom I met while training people out of San Francisco's Chinatown. So this guy was no joke!
                I cant believe ppl are actually STILL wondering why there is no video footage of ALL Lees fights and think outside ring fighting isnt legit unless you put on boxing gloves ..lol

My friend was a bare knuckle champion up here and was actually Larry Holmes protege for a awhile back in the day ,he was pretty good and was known to put ppl in comas bc he did that twice (one was like 270 pounds athletic football player ) as a matter of fact im the only guy he couldn't k.o and he even had weight lifting gloves on (We fought to a draw ,boy was that bloody ..lol and the tall kid in my sig is his son amateur boxer ) Point is .....this guy fought Wilder and lost a few years back ,however you take those gloves off and you have a different fight on your hands without a crowd or referee .

Lee would hurt Floyd ,ppl dont realise if Lee uses grappling (He knew jui jitsu locks ) and striking hes done ,theres literally nothing he could do really . I could have won that fight if i had used my grappling but we agreed to punches only ,if you use EVERYTHING to a non physically strong guy , well a talent like Lee simply wins over a Mayweather type the polls for once reflects that and those who voted Mayweather ? You are wrong .
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-03-2017, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• I like how my post went completely ignored by those who said that bruce lee wasnt a real fighter:

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                  man these people in here have no clue when it comes to martial arts.

Boxing IS a pugilistic martial art.

You have to respect that.

Besides that... Bruce lee does have experience in actual fights etc.....

"Bruce was much more interested in studying martial arts, dancing (at age 18 in 1958, he won the Hong Kong Cha Cha Championship), and girls than in school work. His defiant attitude towards La Salle's teachers and administrators, his mediocre grades, and his reputation as a fighter and troublemaker led to his expulsion from La Salle.
                  He enrolled at St Francis Xavier where a teacher encouraged him to enter the inter-school boxing championships. He went through the elimination rounds easily, then faced the three-time champion Gary Elms from the rival British King George V High School. Bruce won by knock out in the third round.
                  In 1958, after a challenge to the Wing Chun students from Choy Li Fut, a rival martial arts school, a fight was arranged on a rooftop. There were many such rivalries in Hong Kong -- the winner was whoever could force their opponent over a line. In response to an unfair punch, Bruce lashed out and beat the other boy badly, knocking out his tooth. This boy's parents made a complaint to the police, and Bruce's mother had to go down to the police station and sign a form saying she would take full responsibility for Bruce's actions if they released him to her custody. Not mentioning the incident to her husband, she suggested that Bruce should exercise his American citizenship rights and return to his birthplace. Despairing of Bruce's college prospects, his father agreed."

http://www.historylink.org/File/3999

Here's a vid of lee sparring with gear:

Here's a vid of someone describing how he was:

Comment

• bouncing around Pac like Bruce...yet Floyd still tamed it..

real question is, because surely this theoretical matchup was inspired by Conor vs Floyd... , how would Conor vs Lee go in a ''real'' street fight..

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                      Bruce supposedly beat the son of a cop or ewewas it triad? I'm sure bruvce Lee is on police records for fighting, it was getting out of hand that's why he went to america.

But jack the ripper is supposefdky a man yet no concrete proof of that

Comment

Working...
                      X