Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Says Fight is Dangerous, But Joshua Will Beat Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is AJ really that tall or is he standing on something for the promo pics? Wlad is like 6'7 isnt he?

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
      Is AJ really that tall or is he standing on something for the promo pics? Wlad is like 6'7 isnt he?
      Vitali is the tall one. Wlad is 6'5".

Comment

They're both 6'6"

Comment

And there is only a 1 inch difference in reach. AJ is 82" and Wlad is 81" so they are definitely gonna hit each other no problem. At his late age and 3 of his 4 losses coming by way of KO, I don't see Wlad handling AJ's power but we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan4life View Post
            And there is only a 1 inch difference in reach. AJ is 82" and Wlad is 81" so they are definitely gonna hit each other no problem. At his late age and 3 of his 4 losses coming by way of KO, I don't see Wlad handling AJ's power but we'll see.
            Hmmm maybe AJ will whoop him. I had no idea AJ was that big. Pretty mobile and athletic for that size. Interesting.....

Comment

Originally posted by Trudoe the.. View Post
              No no no, I am talking about HEAVYWEIGHT fights.. Not one of those other fights you mentioned are HW tilts. Please do not misdirect my statements. This discussion is about HW fighters not the entire pool of boxing. Of course there are bigger fights to be made outside of HW, which is one of the most desolate divisions in boxing atm, although it is starting to make a resurgence towards the top tier of divisions again with Ortiz, Wilder, Parker, Josuha and even Fury in the mix. Those 5 alone make for some potentially very exciting fights. Still does not compare to the WW, LW, FW divisions but you get my drift.

Im just saying that as far as HW goes, Vlad is already past prime and waiting to be taken completely out by the young lions, so Joshua vs Klit while a big tilt, does not amout to an undefeated vs undefeated 6'5 + k.o. artists matchup between Wilder and Joshua. Biggest HW fight that can be made IMO as Wilder is Americas star and Joshua is the U.K.s! You are right though in saying it's not the top fight to be made in BOXING, at HW though in my humble opinion it is because it's 2 top level hws undefeated that is 95% likely to end in a K.O.

Lets not forget that Wilder likely has a 100% stoppage rate as a HW if he does not BREAK his hand in the 4th round against Stiverne, whom he still battered pillar to post after breaking his hand. Had he not broke it he would have likely stopped Bermaine and in that case we would have 2 undefeated giants with 100% stoppage ratios. They can sell this fight more than they can sell ANY HW fight at the moment in my opinion because they will get more casuals interested by promoting the 2 sure knockout, undefeated CHAMPIONS against one another.
              Oh okay. I didn't realize that you were talking about the HW division only... I agree AJ-Wilder would be big time. If Fury was in the mix, I would say that would also bring about major pull as well. Could you imagine a press conference with Fury and Wilder? LOL. It would be a show to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward90 View Post
                Oh okay. I didn't realize that you were talking about the HW division only... I agree AJ-Wilder would be big time. If Fury was in the mix, I would say that would also bring about major pull as well. Could you imagine a press conference with Fury and Wilder? LOL. It would be a show to say the least.
                Bahahah ya the pre fight entertainment would be epic and might actually be more entertaining than the fight.

Comment

Working...
                X