Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez on Pacquiao KO: I Said 'Now Try To Steal it From Me!'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
    greatest KO I've witnessed in my life.. shook up the world. they should erect a statue of JMM in Mexico landing the right hand.
    Bro I got to googling your avi..what is Smite? Is it like LoL?

Comment

I cheered like crazy when the KO happened. Thought it was justice at the time. Now looking back, with Marquez likely on major PEDs, and Pacquiao stepping on his foot to set up the KO, feels kind of like the opposite, like sort of a freak accident. In terms of finally getting Marquez a win over Pacquiao after all those close fights, especially the 3rd fight where Pacquiao looked past prime, it felt like justice, but in terms of a fair, earned victory on that night, and in terms of the best fighter on that night at that point in their careers getting the win, I no longer think that happened. I think Pacquiao was definitely the better fighter at that late point in their careers, and he would have KO'd Marquez that night if not for Marquez's potential PEDs.

And even with those potential PEDs, I think Marquez was on his way until Pacquiao lunged in, stepped on Marquez's foot, lost his balance and fell forward right into the punch he never saw coming. That part of it especially feels like a freak occurrence. The night of the fight it looked like an amazingly set up KO by Marquez, but since then I've seen overhead replays where Pacquiao clearly steps on his foot and falls forward right into the shot.
      Last edited by Boxing Logic; 12-27-2016, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Marquez was robbed in the third fight. But he got major payback in the fourth one.

Completely removed all doubt as to who the better man really was, and he put the rivalry to rest once and for all.

Comment

Yes, he did KO Pac after he beat the hell out of Marquez. Nobody even talks about that KO anymore like how Manny schooled Bradley. Juan trying to stay relevant by talking about Canelo and and his life saving win against Pacman, that's sad, both are currently world champion and he's just a bum watching legends fight.

Comment

The 3rd fight was no "split decision", it was even more a clearer victory with it being a "majority decision". He was defeated even after hiring the known steroid cheat (really, who hires a known steroid cheat if you're not going to cheat and use steroids?).

Then comes the 4th fight with the known steroid cheat once again, and it was a knockout waiting to happen.

If anything, Manny should be the one who should be looked at as even more amazing than ever. The dude got hit clean with a punch he didn't see coming from a guy who trained with a known steroid cheat, and yet Manny was still able to wake up (eventually) and continue fighting (unlike other fighters who got knocked out and tried coming back), and not only that, but was still able to comeback and still tear it up, while Marquez continues hugging this W like the kid on the playground who made the game winning shot in recess
            Last edited by Gigantes; 12-27-2016, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
              Lol @ try to steal it from me now. So he thinks pacquiao bought out the judge's or something? He just blamed the shady **** on vegas possibly fixing the fight because of losses they might suffer
              Marquez should stop living through Pacquiao.

That's quite embarassing,, he got that final win but is still whinning.

And yes Pacquiao obviously deserved a rematch, altough it's JMM choice to not give him one.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Marquez was robbed in the third fight. But he got major payback in the fourth one.

Completely removed all doubt as to who the better man really was, and he put the rivalry to rest once and for all.
                Pacquiao is obviously the better, greater fighter.

As for the rivalry, that's a rivalry, a KO happened, but their fights have always been closed, hell, even in the the fourth, the fight was very close, Manny leading on the card.

You just one those american idiots trying to discredit Pacquiao.

Just as you US bums discredit any non US fighter being a boxing superstar.
                You guys can't stand it. Just learn...

Comment

I don't hear Hasim Rachman talk about his punch. What has Marquez done other than landing that punch when he was about to get KO'd. He has not had career wins against the greatest competition. He thinks he's Julio Ceasar Chavez. Castillo had a better career and actually may have beat the great Mayweather. Still whining in retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
                    It's now common knowledge that Marquez was cycling hard on the roids for this fight so it's not even a win it's either a NC best case scenario or what it rightfully should be, a DQ victory for Pacquiao
                    Booo whooo ....
                    Get over it .
                    He got sparked

Comment

[QUOTE=Gigantes;17310219]The 3rd fight was no "split decision", it was even more a clearer victory with it being a "majority decision". He was defeated even after hiring the known steroid cheat (really, who hires a known steroid cheat if you're not going to cheat and use steroids?).

What fight did you watch. Marquez clearly schooled Pac in that 3rd fight. If you wanna talk about someon being on roids. Who's the one who turned down fights over random drug testing. (Pacquiao).

Comment

Working...
                      X