No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: "Fighting Words" - Seven More Before We Hit The Road

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by betmen View Post
    pffft... where you get the idea i was inoue's fan?! , only watch 2 of his fight. doesnt consider him good yet only talented.

look at him still clumsy and lack tactical awareness, the kid only 23 with 7 fights, let him grow. any pro athletes need beating up those cab drivers and journeyman before stepping to the next level, no shame in that. many ATGS like SRL, floyd or manny have 15+ cab drivers in their resume.
    Inoue is rated top 20 pound for pound. Most all boxing fans consider him "good" - and that's an understatement. He is a shooting star and we need to see him in better matchups to know how good he really is. 115 is red hot right now - not in three years time.

If he takes a loss he can fight a couple of lesser fighters on his way back up.

Comment

I think the Japanese fighters are given too much of a pass for taking on easier fights.

The only real solid matchup for the end of the year over there is Corrales vs Uchiyama. That one is top notch without question.

But the rest are kind of blah.

Comment

from what i see inoue just like many japanese fighters befor him lack technical and tactical fluidity, he prepare, sit and launch his offence over and over.

tactical monster like roman will easily distrupt his rhytm and k.o him in later rounds
        Lack technical and tactical fluidity?

Inoue is a very smooth fight that wisely strings together meticulous combinations, that's what has helped him defeat such solid opposition for someone with under 15 fights. Inoue is a great tactician, so is Roman however chocolatito relies too much on his power. And when someone like Estrada and cuadras can handle that power he looks lost in many places. Which is something that isn't expected of a fighter if they are elite. Inoue should wait out 2017 on the chocolatito fight. Maybe late 2017/ early 2018!

However according to my sources inoues team is raring to go. In fact they were apparently supposed to fight on HBO this year to then set up the Roman fight in 2017 but dunno what happened about that.

Comment

bad decision if inoue decide to fight roman gonzalez in 2017, i watch his last 2 fight inoue certainly has trmendous talent but he's not there yet. rushing to face one of most experienced and best boxer today is bad career choice.

he's still 23, wait 2-3 more years till he reach full potential to face an opponent like roman.

The flaw in that logic is that in 2-3 years Roman should be better as well. even if Roman was 35 he would still be better in 2-3 years because he wouldn't lose speed but he would gain experience and knowledge.

Keep in mind i'm not arguing either way about if Inoue is ready or not, im arguing against the assumption that somehow that would close the gap, as if Inoue would improve but Roman wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

The flaw in that logic is that in 2-3 years Roman should be better as well. even if Roman was 35 he would still be better in 2-3 years because he wouldn't lose speed but he would gain experience and knowledge.

Keep in mind i'm not arguing either way about if Inoue is ready or not, im arguing against the assumption that somehow that would close the gap, as if Inoue would improve but Roman wouldn't.
            well yes... i'm not picking a side man. roman is 29 now in 2 years he'll only be 31. if nothing terrible happened like big k.o loss or career threatening injury i still considered him a prime great fighter.

for me inoue still inexperience, waiting 2 years while fighting 3-4 b class opponent will make reach his full potentian and at the end will make fight with roman so much better for us the audience.

i'm the kind of guy who got no complain when ward take 2-3 warmup matches before kovalev, bcause i believe it will make the match so much better. and turn-out i was right on that.

Comment

Blah??

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              I think the Japanese fighters are given too much of a pass for taking on easier fights.

The only real solid matchup for the end of the year over there is Corrales vs Uchiyama. That one is top notch without question.

But the rest are kind of blah.

Oguni vs. Guzman is good too.

Comment

Originally posted by trippleupper View Post
                Oguni vs. Guzman is good too.
                That one is one sided in the other direction. But you are right, the Japanese fighter is facing a tough opponent in that matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  Dont sleep on my boy Murata, rated top 5 middleweight in ALL the sanctioning bodies. 2017 we going in!
                  Good lookin' out. I gotta check him out

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    Dont sleep on my boy Murata, rated top 5 middleweight in ALL the sanctioning bodies. 2017 we going in!
                    Do you think he ends up on HBO?

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
                      Good lookin' out. I gotta check him out
                      Hes up next this Friday....lol I just thought about the movie looking at your avi.
                      Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
                      Do you think he ends up on HBO?
                      Hes with Toprank and I don't know how good things are with Arum and the network but he was on the undercard to Crawford-Postol vs. George Tahdooahnippah. I expect him to be on a major networks fighting one of the champions, but its going to be a tough road for him vs. the winner of GGG-Jacobs -- I expect Canelo to beat Billy Joe we will see how 160 changes in the coming year.

Comment

Working...
                      X