Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Paulie Mallinaggi so disrespected on here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
    This whole "has a good resume" is misconstrued imo... A journey man faces everyone and sometimes for chump change money, will they get the same respect on here, hell to the fück no!
    Whenever Paulie has stepped up he was beaten and in most cases knocked out.. To top that he talks **** half the time but in his defense the guys ask him what's his opinion is on a subject etc...
    But he can't score a fight for ****...
    I don't see a better fight analysis before or after than Paulie !

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
      Stop being vague. Name the great performances where he displayed a world-class skillset.
      Diaz, Senchenko.

Comment

cause hes a clown, he talk and crys about robberies but in the same breath has no problem with robbing cano.

Comment

I rate paulie much higher than ATG Shawn Porter. In fact a close to shot Paulie could of got a decision against Broner whom is ATG Porters 2nd best win if not his best.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
            I don't see a better fight analysis before or after than Paulie !
            Yeah he is an ATG fight analyst..

Comment

Lets keep it 100 though, Paulie outboxed Broner in their fight.

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
                in 2007, paulie malignaggi faced the reigning IBF world junior welterweight champion and shut him out.

in 2012, paulie malignaggi went to the ukraine to face the reigning undefeated WBA world welterweight champion and knocked him out.

he spent a decade fighting almost every big name at 140 and 147. won world championships in both weight classes in dominant fashion. not vacant titles. not WBOgus titles. the real deal.

paulie deserves our respect. he won some, he lost some, but he had balls and was champion of the world in two divisions. he kept himself near the top of the sport for a full decade. something very few manage to do.
                and do these champions have names? or is it you know their names but you also know they suck so you didn't want to even say their names instead preferring to call them champs even though they are 2 of the weakest champs ever. thats why paulie isn't respected. he's a 2 weight world champ but he never beat anyone good in his division. lovemore ndou and senchenko are his best wins yet he's been around boxing for 10 years getting tv dates and big fights. hes just like zab judah. name recognition and cherry picking weak titles got him this far. not skills.

Comment

I can answer this very quickly and neatly...

He is a gob****e

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    Diaz, Senchenko.
                    A shop-worn Diaz who had just been KTFO by JMM and...Senchenko? Really?

As Daggum has said below, Paulie was around for a decade with plenty of big fights to shine in. He never did because he was never that good, and his hideous style made watching his fights a nightmare. His skills are so ridiculously overrated. For a pure boxer, he never once gave a performance of great boxing brilliance.

I've said it before and I will say it again - Paulie wishes he was as good as Mauricio Herrera. Now that was a guy with no power but could still hang because of his skills. Paulie was a runner with a big mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
                      Poster act like anyone can beat him...The main reason is the claim he has no power..that may be true on the elite level but even then what does that say about his skill set??? The less power you have does that not mean the more skills you need?
                      Let's be honest. Paulie lost a LOT of respeck when this happened

Comment

Working...
                      X