Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Applies The Pressure on Chavez Jr. To Accept or Walk Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheNotoriousOne View Post
    Another fake offer from Golden Boy lol. Oscar De La Coca: The Phantom Contracts Episode 2.
    How is it a fake offer?? It's in writing on paper so how is it not a legit offer???

Comment

I called this in a post the other day, after the WBO made Canelo the mandatory to Saunders. The WBO did that to give GBP bargaining power, the moment they had an option other than Chavez Jr or GGG, GBP dropped a take it or leave it. There is no real way to tell how fair this offer is with out knowing what percentage of PPV Jr gets. It's worth noting that PPV upside is not the Same as PPV split. PPV upside means there is no guarantee in the amount of money from PPV Chavez would get, nor if he would get any at all, while PPV split guarantees a percentage of PPV revenue after the required parties have taken their portion. So is it 6 mil with PPV upside, or 6 mil with PPV split?

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
        Only thing Chavez brings to the table is his last name . ..skillwise he's a D level talent and has been irrelevant for many years. this is the easiest cash grab for Canelo out there..easier than khan..yes even Khan is better than Chavez Jr.
        Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
        Have to agree with you.
        No doubt Khan is better than Chavez Jr skill wise but at least Chavez Jr has a good chin compared to KhanGlass Inc. Most people predicted that even if Khan started off well against Canelo, once Canelo touches Khan's chin, its over in a flash.

but this is not a fight that I would be interested in especially as a PPV fight.

Comment

The only question Chavez Jr. has to ask is: Can I get the same money fighting the Degale/Jack winner, or Zurdo Ramirez? If the answer is no (which is the correct answer), then take the $6 million plus PPV upside!

Comment

Jr at 165 on the scales?... I don't know if he would be alive at that weight.

Comment

Im not convinced this will reach 1m PPV...

Canelo brings 300k against normal opponents

700k extra mostly Mexicans is a big ask for what is seen as a name match up / celebrity boxing match.

The only way Canelo will top 1m is with an A side like Pac or Mayweather...

Im not sure if GGG could boost Canelo to 1m as how many hardcore fans would buy the PPV? How many Brits would buy a GGG PPV against Canelo....

If GGG does 300k PPV against Jacobs then potentially NeloGGG is a 1m PPV...

Comment

Originally posted by TheTruthOfIt View Post
                Im not convinced this will reach 1m PPV...

Canelo brings 300k against normal opponents

700k extra mostly Mexicans is a big ask for what is seen as a name match up / celebrity boxing match.

The only way Canelo will top 1m is with an A side like Pac or Mayweather...

Im not sure if GGG could boost Canelo to 1m as how many hardcore fans would buy the PPV? How many Brits would buy a GGG PPV against Canelo....

If GGG does 300k PPV against Jacobs then potentially NeloGGG is a 1m PPV...
                It might not reach 1 million, but I think it does at least as well as the Cotto fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  The only question Chavez Jr. has to ask is: Can I get the same money fighting the Degale/Jack winner, or Zurdo Ramirez? If the answer is no (which is the correct answer), then take the $6 million plus PPV upside!
                  Its only that simple if JCC Jr assumes he will lose to all of them.

If he takes on Ramirez (another big all-Mexican fight), and wins, he's then got a super middleweight belt to bring to the table. He could then catch-weight Canelo at 165 and Canelo then has the bait of a 168 belt being on the line (and we know how much GBP loves belts).

Ramirez can't make a bigger fight than JCC....I'm hoping that's the direction this goes in (so that Canelo/Saunders more likely).

Comment

Boxing fans suck.

Over here arguing about money fighters make instead of the fact that this is a BS matchup and Canelo is once again conning his gullible fans, while avoiding any threats. Moving up to 165 for this bum but wouldn't go above 155 for others.

Fans like you is why these promotors are able to get away with these scams

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
                      Its only that simple if JCC Jr assumes he will lose to all of them.

If he takes on Ramirez (another big all-Mexican fight), and wins, he's then got a super middleweight belt to bring to the table. He could then catch-weight Canelo at 165 and Canelo then has the bait of a 168 belt being on the line (and we know how much GBP loves belts).

Ramirez can't make a bigger fight than JCC....I'm hoping that's the direction this goes in (so that Canelo/Saunders more likely).
                      He should assume that he loses to them all, especially Canelo, because we know that 165lb. CW is going to ruin him! I want to see GGG fight Zurdo Ramirez for that 168 strap! If he does that, and Canelo plays him for a fool again, maybe GGG and Ward fight at a CW in 2017! That's what I want for Christmas: Ward vs. Golovkin!

Comment

Working...
                      X