Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBO Skips Khurtsidze, Installs Canelo as Saunders' Mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Does Canelo having the WBO belt make the GGG fight bigger? Undisputed MW championship.
    I'd like for it to be for all the titles but not if it pushes back the fight another 8 months, we already have to wait what seems like forever.

Comment

Sucks for Khurtsidze, dude can't even get a step-aside now. But yada yada, standard sanctioning org bull****. Money talks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
        I'd like for it to be for all the titles but not if it pushes back the fight another 8 months, we already have to wait what seems like forever.
        Do you think Saunders would ever fight GGG?

Comment

both billy joe saunders & tyson fury seemed to have collapsed under the pressure of to high expectations

Comment

Do you think Saunders would ever fight GGG?
            Sure, everyone has a price.... Jacobs is getting $3 million I guess so Saunders will want at least that much... It would help if Saunders was with Hearn I think..

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
              Well there you have it folks....Chavez Jr. In May and Saunders in September....GGG gets pushed back another 8 months
              I said last week - there's no Golovkin fight until 2018 or whenever he looks vulnerable.

This sucks for Khurtsidze. Very unfair. Saunders is a total undeserving flake and if the WBO had any spine they'd make him fight his mandatories quickly so that he shapes up or ships out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                Ranked NO. 1 and never fought at 160lbs! Amazing isn't it?

Ray
                I'd call the WBO a bunch of whores but that'd be doing a dis-service to pros - more like a bunch of corrupt pimps posing as businessmen. '@' pimping Saunders
                Last edited by SteveM; 12-22-2016, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                  I said last week - there's no Golovkin fight until 2018 or whenever he looks vulnerable.

This sucks for Khurtsidze. Very unfair. Saunders is a total undeserving flake and if the WBO had any spine they'd make him fight his mandatories quickly so that he shapes up or ships out.
                  Oh you best believe the WBO will get right on the Canelo fight....$$$$$$$$$

If it was just Khurtsidze they'd never get around to it....

Comment

I'm asking in general. Does it make the fight a bigger fight? Would you rather him face regular Canelo in Sept or WBO champion Canelo in May '18?
                    I just want to see the fight. I'm not one of those idiots who says that belts are irrelevant - for 99.5% of fighters they are very important. But some fighters (Mayweather, Pac, Canelo) are above and beyond belts.

And some fights transcend belts.

The biggest fight in boxing at this time transcends belts - just make it happen. Canelo having the wbo belt only marginally
                    better. Golovkin's prime is slipping past and I want to see the fight yesterday, not in 2018 or 2019.

Comment

Khurtsidze should forget the WBO and pursue another belt. Maybe try to get a place in the proposed WBC tournament, or a rematch against N'Dam for the WBA mandatory position

Comment

Working...
                      X