Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBO Skips Khurtsidze, Installs Canelo as Saunders' Mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBO Skips Khurtsidze, Installs Canelo as Saunders' Mandatory

The WBO has paved the way for Canelo Alvarez to finally make his debut as a full-fledged middleweight in his next fight. According to a reported posted by espn.com's Dan Rafael on Wednesday night, the Puerto Rico-based sanctioning organization has installed Alvarez as the mandatory middleweight challenger for its 160-pound champion, Billy Joe Saunders. The Mexican superstar still is considering facing countryman Julio Cesar Jr. at a catch weight in his next bout, but could choose to fight for Saunders' WBO middleweight title.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 12-22-2016, 02:24 AM.

Can someone tell me why ggg isn't even ranked by wbo?

Comment

If he could get a quick tune-up fight before this May fight with JCC Jr I'm sure he'd make light work out of Billy Joe Saunders 2 fights in 5 months probably not plausible.

No idea what direction they're going to go in.

Comment

Damn. Khurtside getting screwed but maybe he could fight golovkin in khazakstan in June, when ggg is rumored to have a huge homecoming fight.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
          Can someone tell me why ggg isn't even ranked by wbo?
          Orgs don't usually rank champs from other orgs. Sometimes they'll do it in special cases. Like GGG-Rubio and Kovalev-Stevenson.

Comment

Well there you have it folks....Chavez Jr. In May and Saunders in September....GGG gets pushed back another 8 months

Comment

Ranked NO. 1 and never fought at 160lbs! Amazing isn't it?

Ray

Comment

its ok they can go to purse bids and give saunders 75 percent of the purse
                Last edited by daggum; 12-21-2016, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Did I miss something

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    Well there you have it folks....Chavez Jr. In May and Saunders in September....GGG gets pushed back another 8 months
                    Yep

That fight aint happening until 2018 at the earliest

Comment

Working...
                    X