No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    Well for me it depends how many people ultimately join. If 10 people joined, pretty likely we'd just pay the winner. If 100 people joined, we could pay several people decent amounts.

Also, I think it would be key to have more transparency in the scoring when money is involved. Somewhere where everyone could quickly see that their score (and other people's score/multipliers) is being updated correctly. I will work on that for the league next year.
    Also, how fights are chosen is an important topic. Maybe chosen by the community or a board (select few of us) that chooses the fights every month.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oluminati View Post
      Also, how fights are chosen is an important topic. Maybe chosen by the community or a board (select few of us) that chooses the fights every month.
      That's an excellent point as well, especially for a $ league. I could make polls for fights or I could ping a few of the most frequent players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Sounds like you already have a lot of interest so I'm guessing this will be a go. I just wanted to ask how it'll work. If it's a pot for 1 winner, I'd probably be out as things like that just create tensions and I feel like this place is hostile enough as is (people have been bickering and there's 0 money involved right now ). If there's a break-down for the top 5 or so, I could see it being good natured since there will be several winners and the pot won't be all that big, so people won't get too worked up about it.

I know that probably won't be a popular stance but just thought I'd share my thoughts.
        I think you just gotta make sure you have clear rules that you stick to & it should all be good from there.

If any changes need to be made midstream you just wanna make sure you have declared & gotten everyone to agree on what situation needs to happen before a change can be implemented. For example, 75% approval, 51% approval or Bob can change things on a dime if he wants.

If anyone cries about the rules they agreed to before hand thats their own thing not everyone elses.

And I mean this is just a general interest poll. If something gets thrown in that I or anyone doesn't agree with or they don't understand that isn't worth my or their $5 or $10 then I or anyone will just not throw in our $5 or $10. It shouldn't be a big deal to most cats.

Comment

• My god! Some tough fights are coming up. We will see what's up at the end of the year for real. MEGA may not be dead as yet neither is A.K.

Hurd-Trout
          Charlo-Lubin
          Ortiz-Wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            That's an excellent point as well, especially for a $ league. I could make polls for fights or I could ping a few of the most frequent players.
            I like this. Some fights should have never been in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              My god! Some tough fights are coming up. We will see what's up at the end of the year for real. MEGA may not be dead as yet neither is A.K.

Hurd-Trout
              Charlo-Lubin
              Ortiz-Wilder.
              Yeah I agree.

Enough tough to pick fights that people just under the top few could find themselves moving up the ladder if they pick those right.

Comment

• Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                I'd be down for that.
                I am watching Dorticos vs Kalenga now.
                Just letting you know my progress.

Comment

• I will add tha what I suggested to Bob was that the top 3 get a prize. Also if we can get like 100 posters, which could be done, the prize would pretty good for 1st place, and decent for 2nd/3rd place.

Money is held by an active admin, maybe tbear, maybe mega.

Entry fee of $5-10 was suggested by me to get more posters to say yes, but ultimately if we only get like 50 posters, if those 50 posters agree on a higher entry fee then the winning prizes can be the same as having 100 posters or so. If we raise the entry fee we could also do prizes for top 5.

If this game comes true, all players who entered will have the oppurtunity to start at the same time, it will be your responsibility to predict but bob will let you know like he does now. This year, the early bird got the worm, so whoever knew about the game first has a head start in front of those who realized there was such a game here a little later. It won't be like that for this prize game, all contestants will be notified of the fights, but again it's your responsibility in the end. Once the game starts, which would be first bell before the first fight of the 2018 Pick Em, there will be no more contestants allowed for the rest of the year because that wouldn't be fair to pay an entry fee and be behind. So the contestants who paid in the beginning of the year, presumably will be the players of the game all year long.

Hopefully we rally up a bunch of posters and get people wanting to play for the chance to win a little bit of pocket change.

Comment

• Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                    I'd be down for that.
                    Dorticos took Kalenga in deep waters and drown him but I had Kalenga 86-83 up before the stoppage.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Once the game starts, which would be first bell before the first fight of the 2018 Pick Em, there will be no more contestants allowed for the rest of the year because that wouldn't be fair to pay an entry fee and be behind.
                      Why not? If someone wanted to join in Mid January or early February or whenever even & thinks they can do well let them play I say. Its just more money in the pot.

Comment

Working...
                      X