No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    So the next fight between two top 10 fighters is Lomachenko vs Sosa, will that fight be part of this game? Not sure whether to pick Loma by decision or KO in that one. Sosa was KO'ed 6 years ago, otherwise he's been very durable since then. But Loma has been on a tear lately with 80% of his total KO's coming consecutively in his last 4 fights. Not hard to pick the winner, just hard to pick how Loma's gonna win.
    Huck-Breidis is going to be next. It's two top 10 Cruiserweights and Huck is less than 2/1 to win.

Lomachenko-Sosa will follow that. I think I'll put up both threads shortly.

As far as your pick for Loma... idk I'll watch some videos of Sosa first but I'm leaning stoppage right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      One thing I don't like about the bonus multipliers are that I only determine whether there is one after the picks are all in.

Which means you can't be 100% sure when picking whether there will be a multiplier for your fighter at all.

Maybe instead I should offer bonus multipliers upfront for fighters based on being substantial betting underdogs? Or should I not be trying to sway people's votes so much?
      It's just a strategy thing. Wait until an hour before fight time and you have a much better idea about if the multiplier will apply.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        It's just a strategy thing. Wait until an hour before fight time and you have a much better idea about if the multiplier will apply.
        That would work if it continues to be the case that a lot of people vote earlier in the thread. But if everyone holds off until the hour before story is a bit different.

I'm not saying that that will necessarily happen but more and more people have been suggesting that they like the idea of holding out till later, plus someone who is low on points would be keen to wait it out especially if there is a big betting favorite.

But so far it hasn't caused a problem or been a thing people have complained about (other than myself), so I don't feel a need to make a change quite yet.

Comment

That would work if it continues to be the case that a lot of people vote earlier in the thread. But if everyone holds off until the hour before story is a bit different.

I'm not saying that that will necessarily happen but more and more people have been suggesting that they like the idea of holding out till later, plus someone who is low on points would be keen to wait it out especially if there is a big betting favorite.

But so far it hasn't caused a problem or been a thing people have complained about (other than myself), so I don't feel a need to make a change quite yet.
          The favorite will always have the most votes though (outside of rare occasions), if you're going with the favorite, go for it and cast your vote. But if you're going with the dog, it's in your best interest to wait and see how low that dog goes. I wanted to go 2 or 3X on Jacobs > Golovkin, but I was only gonna go if Jacobs was at <10% because it meant that the highest multiplier would be in effect. I saw at the end that we weren't gonna get there (~20% picked Jacobs) so I didn't wager a multiplier.

Comment

• How is sugaradamali so high. I didn't even see him pick for the last fight?

Comment

• This week had a lot of big changes on the leaderboards, I'm assuming alot of ppl people used a multiplier for this fight which is kinda surprising

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                How is sugaradamali so high. I didn't even see him pick for the last fight?
                If you have the URL for your bracket you can see the bracket without signing in.

Like for me you can see my bracket at http://games.espn.com/tournament-cha...entryID=315598

Comment

If you have the URL for your bracket you can see the bracket without signing in.

Like for me you can see my bracket at http://games.espn.com/tournament-cha...entryID=315598
                  How did you find yours?

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    How did you find yours?
                    lmao I just realized this isn't the March Madness thread...

Anyway if you go to your bracket when signed in, copy the URL in your browser's URL bar. Then in the future you won't need to be logged in.

I can't find your bracket from our bracket group page because it doesn't appear to have been given a name.

Comment

lmao I just realized this isn't the March Madness thread...

Anyway if you go to your bracket when signed in, copy the URL in your browser's URL bar. Then in the future you won't need to be logged in.

I can't find your bracket from our bracket group page because it doesn't appear to have been given a name.
                      Oh my bad...

Comment

Working...
                      X