NSB Pick 'em 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    The next fight I'm thinking of is Broner-Granados

Does anyone think any sooner fights are good? Easter Jr, Raushee Warren, RJJ (lol) have fights coming soon. Vazquez-Collazo wouldn't have been a terrible one to do.
    well it depends on how you wana do it, do you want to do title fights or do you want to do quality fights? Broner and Easter Jr are not really fighting any quality opponents. Warren probably has the best opponent of the lot.

Collazo v Vazquez feels like an after thought, considering Collzao hasnt fought in 2 years. So he is obviously being put into the fight in the hope Vazquez wins and recovers from his loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      well it depends on how you wana do it, do you want to do title fights or do you want to do quality fights? Broner and Easter Jr are not really fighting any quality opponents. Warren probably has the best opponent of the lot.

Collazo v Vazquez feels like an after thought, considering Collzao hasnt fought in 2 years. So he is obviously being put into the fight in the hope Vazquez wins and recovers from his loss.
      Nah Granados isn't bad at all

Warren's next opponent isn't as good as Granados but the matchup is more even on paper

Comment

Nah Granados isn't bad at all

Warren's next opponent isn't as good as Granados but the matchup is more even on paper
        granados is horrible, he only gets mentions because he beat that imam kid who himself was unproven.

But its up to you which fight you choose.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

picks should just be for the big fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
            thats how I feel too or to better put it, the major cards, with some undercards being up for grabs too

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              How big is big enough though? What upcoming fights would you want included?

Comment

Broner vs Granados is a great 50-50 fight. Don't listen to that tard soul survivor

Comment

Also the game will start sometime during the first week of January. I'm putting together some stuff that will make updating scores/rankings as easy as possible for me.

Any and all input about any of the rules in the meantime is appreciated.

If you'd like to start thinking ahead, here are fights I will almost certainly be including in the game:

Badou Jack vs James DeGale
                  Carl Frampton vs Leo Santa Cruz II
                  Adrien Broner vs Adrian Granados
                  Miguel Cotto vs James Kirkland
                  Danny Garcia vs Keith Thurman
                  Gennady Golovkin vs Danny Jacobs
                  Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko
                  Saul Alvarez vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr

If you feel any other big or intriguing matchups should be included, let me know! If there is enough interest in any other fights we'll add those as well. But for now outside of the above, I'm gonna wait on more announcements to come in.
                  May I suggest adding a fight or two soon since the Cotto-Kirkland bout got cancelled?

Comment

I know you were gonna do Broner v Granados next but thats not even for a world title is it? so I fail to see what it means but I guess, at this rate, we wont have any fights lol so why not.

Its pretty slim pickings. Do the Easter Jr card I guess.

Bute v Alvarez why the heck not.

Damn theres nothing going on for a while tha tdecides important factors within any of those divisions.

Comment

• What is up with 1 fight a week? On other leagues I used to play, there are at least 5 fights every week regardless of big or small.

Only playing the big fights is boring. Big event, small, international fights all have to be posted.

Comment

Working...
                      X