Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins should schedule a fight in Philly with a low ranked boxer and go out a winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, every fight is a big risk at this age. He took 12 rounds of punishment from Kovalev. And in this fight he took some big damage, especially during that last sequence followed up with an ugly impact with the floor outside of the ring.

Obviously he could pick a clear bum to go out on less embarassing terms, but really what is the point? He is still a commentator, still has his faculties in check... what is there to gain? It seems crazy to me to be at the very least 2 fights and 2 years separated from the last time he looked anything like himself (if not much more) and to respond to that by fighting again.

Comment

No, thanks. He stayed in the game way too long and deserved that ending.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        yeah pretty much ^ They thought smith was a C level fighter who could masquerade as a decent win cause he sparked out fonfara and they thought it was a fluke (which it might have been). So it would look he beat someone who was a good fighter. However even still smith turned out to be better than they thought and hopkins really was pushing it age wise and it back fired, pretty spectacularly lol
        Yeah it was blatantly supposed to be a farewell fight against an easy opponent.

Or "common" opponent

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          He literally just did that

Except he lost.
          Not exactly. Berto was a washed up has been that declined before his time. Joey is a up comer young and hungry making waves and a name for himself. Big difference.

Comment

he is done. there is no need for this and besides i dont think he would want "an easy way out"

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              yeah pretty much ^ They thought smith was a C level fighter who could masquerade as a decent win cause he sparked out fonfara and they thought it was a fluke (which it might have been). So it would look he beat someone who was a good fighter. However even still smith turned out to be better than they thought and hopkins really was pushing it age wise and it back fired, pretty spectacularly lol
              Agree with this post. It's easy in hindsight to view Joe Smith favorably but he was the underdog for a reason.

Comment

He looked slow as fk

Comment

I dont agree man. Hes 51 years old FFS. The legend needs to retire once and for all. Just for him to be competitive vs a huge uncher at this age is already crazy. Hopkins is a living legend. We got Hopkins, Floyd and Manny. The 3 best of this generation.

Comment

Nah, I'm satisfied as a fan with the way his career has ended. Dude is almost 52 for crying out loud

Comment

Just retire. He lost his first fight and his last. He was close to getting really hurt this time around. The back of his head slammed against the concrete as he was flying out of the ring. I love Hopkins and it is definitely time to call it. He did it all.

Comment

Working...
                      X