Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chin check: Will the legit GGG critics please stand up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep ignoring context if you want

Originally posted by Face Of Boxing View Post
    So, jacobs who has already been kod, is a legit win, but Lemieux is not?
    Dmitry Pirog ended up being forced into retirement (due to injury) 20-0, 15 KOs (with BoxRec rating 5 of those matchups 3/5 stars or higher; not going to chase down every opponent, but Ishida, Jacobs, and kofi Jantuah, at the least, can all fight)

David Lemieux got stopped by Rubio, got beat by Alcine, and the Hassan N'Dam fight was what it was.

Peep the ledgers some time

Comment

peoples tunes have changed, how predictable. Thought golovkin was scared of jacobs? Now its not a great win of he beats him apparantly, arent happy about him beating the 2nd best ranked middleweight

Comment

Originally posted by Deletrious View Post
        Well rumors are that Golovkin and Daniel Jacobs will announce their fight this weekend or Monday before the purse bid.

Espn, The Ring, and BoxRec list DJ as the #2 middleweight, while ********* has him #3 after Canelo.

So assuming this is true, and given that GGG is fighting literally the best challenger out there in his weight class, which of his critics will give him due props for it?

He's facing literally the best fighter in his class available, and not making much money for it, because DJ, while a great fighter, doesn't have a fan base.

DJ has fast hands and power, and steamrolled another very good fighter Quinn not so long ago.

I'm not saying you have to like GGG if you didn't before. But I an saying if you can't give him due credit for this fight, then you're admitting that you're just a troll, your opinions aren't based in fact, there's no real value to your opinions, and frankly we'd all be better off ignoring you.

So if this fight goes through, who is man enough to say, 'yeah I don't like GGG, but this is a good fight'? If you can't do that, you're just a hater and troll.
        It'll be his best win and will make his resume a lot better.

2 wins over current top ten...lemieux is around 6....DJ is top 3 so it will put GGG legitimately @ 1...if he beats BJS next year or canelo he should be considered ring and lineal champ or at least undisputed.

I'd be impressed depending on the fashion he defeats them

I want to see the man fight the best before he is clearly past prime.

If he doesn't fight BJS. .but beats canelo and DJ...he'll be lineal...correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          Dmitry Pirog ended up being forced into retirement (due to injury) 20-0, 15 KOs (with BoxRec rating 5 of those matchups 3/5 stars or higher; not going to chase down every opponent, but Ishida, Jacobs, and kofi Jantuah, at the least, can all fight)

David Lemieux got stopped by Rubio, got beat by Alcine, and the Hassan N'Dam fight was what it was.

Peep the ledgers some time
          I did. Jacobs was kod like Lemieux, but Black skin obviously makes one more legit than the other. You don't have to try and hide it.

Comment

It was the pacst...err GGG stans that were ****ting all over Danny Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Face Of Boxing View Post
              I did. Jacobs was kod like Lemieux, but Black skin obviously makes one more legit than the other. You don't have to try and hide it.
              You're a gg fan and basically saying how Jacobs isn't a good fight ok then

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                Lemieux was a great win in my book. The standards are so much higher for Golovkin for the simple fact he's knocking everybody out so his opponents look like trash. Brook, Murray were also good wins. Monroe is a solid fighter who will make anybody not named Golovkin look stupid in the ring..why u think Canelo rejected him as an opponent. .DJ will be another solid victory but will he get credit? doubt it..I mean Jacobs is "chinny" so he'll most likely get folded in half before round five . .the question is does DJ have enough power to make Golovkin respect him and not walk him down.
                What?

Lemieux was a great win? Wtf are you smoking man?

Lemieux is trash.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  It'll be his best win and will make his resume a lot better.

2 wins over current top ten...lemieux is around 6....DJ is top 3 so it will put GGG legitimately @ 1...if he beats BJS next year or canelo he should be considered ring and lineal champ or at least undisputed.

I'd be impressed depending on the fashion he defeats them

I want to see the man fight the best before he is clearly past prime.

If he doesn't fight BJS. .but beats canelo and DJ...he'll be lineal...correct?
                  Canelo is no longer the lineal champ. If you refuse to defend the title, vacate and move down to another division, you lose your lineal status. Period. GGG haters can cry all they want but that's what it is.

Comment

Golovkin is a bish

YEAH I SAID IT

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                      You're a gg fan and basically saying how Jacobs isn't a good fight ok then
                      I said it long ago. What is the big deal about beating Jacobs? He isn't any better than anyone GGG has already beat. But most of you guys act like hes the best opponent he will have ever faced. So what makes Jacobs better than Murray or Lemieux?

Comment

Working...
                      X