Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Chavez Jr. in Talks For May 6 - at 165-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another circus fight for Canelo. I wonder if he gets this fight and wins will he still be ranked so highly without fighting real competition at his weight

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
      If Canelos team offer Chavez jr 10 million flat then you can say GGG is ducking.
      Chavez is a far bigger draw than Golovkin - yet I bet he fights for less than $10million.

This fight would be enormous.

Comment

• Canelo's gonna get huge critics for going up all the way to 165 saying he wasn't a MW and bypassing the 160 when he previously said he was a SWW and was gonna gradually move up to 160, are u f***ing kiddin' me?

But being honest, at least this time he ain't moving up a guy fron a lower division, he's litterally almost jumping 2 divisions and fight a guy who is bigger than him and durable as hell, plus it's gonna make a ton of money.

So even tho is not precisely the fight everybody including me want (Canelo vs GGG) I actually like this fight.

Comment

• What part of fall 2017 don't internet fan get?

If all the reports are about GGG vs Canelo in the fall of 2017 , they why do fanboys (on both sides) keep fighting over GGG or Canelo next fight??

Comment

• GGG don't want the 10 million. Businessman right.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              a HUGE PPV fight in Mexico will not help Canelo's marketability?

I don't think it will harm it, that's for sure
              Said good, not HUGE. Mexican fans are loyal not ******, they see how Canelo went from needing a few warm up fight at 160 after already holding the mw title and dropping it like a bad habit, to now fighting at 165 against a fighter who's career has been on life support for a few years. Mark my words, the ppv will not be as HUGE as you'd like to think.

Comment

• Love this fight! F Golovkin and the Golovkunts!

Gotta love hypocrisy from the Golovkunts. GGG was willing to move up to 168 to face Chavez and Froch (for money), but avoided Ward like the plague.

Canelo moves up to 165 to face Chavez (for money) and people are trying to clown him. Hahahahahahaha!!!

Suck it up, Golovkunts!

Comment

• That is such a freak show of a fight. Like, it's interesting purely because of how massive Chavez is. Can he even make 165? And if so, can Alvarez deal with that size? So it's not like it's a terrible fight or anything.

It just makes everything this ginger fraud said about Golovkin look even worse, though. What a ****ing punk Saul Alvarez is. I guess he really isn't a middleweight if he's jumping right over the division to super middleweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                    What part of fall 2017 don't internet fan get?

If all the reports are about GGG vs Canelo in the fall of 2017 , they why do fanboys (on both sides) keep fighting over GGG or Canelo next fight??
                    Because Golden Boy promised to fight Golovkin last year and reneged. Why should we believe them this time when their every action tells us not to?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      Superfight? This fight is a joke. Chavez has zero credibility, look at his career since he made up a promoter conflict to duck Ggg. And the chump cant make contract weight safely. Vs another guy with falling credibility whose excuse was body not ready to defend his lineal belt at 160
                      http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin-...dreams--111709

But hey doe! Chavez Jr. would be Golovkin dream fight! lol

Comment

Working...
                      X