Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN BREAKING NEWS: CANELO-CHAVEZ JR for MAY 6!! Waiting for JR to ACCEPT!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Why are GGG fans complaining? According to them Canelo weighs 180lbs on fight night. He's going to be heavier than Chavez Jr

(for the record I think this is a ****ty fight)
    They're complaining because this will delay a fight with Golovkin. Not saying that's the point of the Chavez fight but we were promised September 2017.

Comment

JCCJr will be dead at that weight....I think he'll probably blow that weight by at least 3 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
        They're complaining because this will delay a fight with Golovkin. Not saying that's the point of the Chavez fight but we were promised September 2017.
        ggg was looking to fight jr after jacobs (assuming that fight happens). Im sure that would have delayed the fight too.

I think its funny ggg is getting the cold shoulder yet again.

Comment

Lol its a fun fight but lol Nelo should face Charlo or move up to 160 vs GGG

so the GGGs calling this a circus show, but its more legit than Brook vs lil G lol

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Why are GGG fans complaining? According to them Canelo weighs 180lbs on fight night. He's going to be heavier than Chavez Jr

(for the record I think this is a ****ty fight)
            Chavez is a Cruiserweight, arguable Heavyweight when out of the ring. Don't think that he wouldn't use his size against Canelo. That's literally the only thing he has on him.

Comment

the second article says that chavez was offered 5 million, half of what ggg turned down...
              those of you crying for canelo fighting chavez instead of GGG, there is your answer, chavez is willing to fight canelo for a lot less money, ggg just doenst want to... and this fight does canelo-cotto numbers easily...
              one more thing, chavez not only is willing to make concesions on the money, but he will also be making concesions on the weight....
              Last edited by icha; 12-14-2016, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                JCCJr will be dead at that weight....I think he'll probably blow that weight by at least 3 lbs.
                I think the number will be closer to double digits, I am thinking at least a snowman over.

Comment

I get it and it could be fun no doubt but I am unimpressed with this fight because JCC Jr. is a sideshow fighter which in turn makes this a sideshow fight. Profitable sideshow but I prefer top fighters to not be in sideshow fights at all but certainly not often and this would be 2 out of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                    ggg was looking to fight jr after jacobs (assuming that fight happens). Im sure that would have delayed the fight too.

I think its funny ggg is getting the cold shoulder yet again.
                    Let's just hope the fight with Jacobs happens first.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      Let's just hope the fight with Jacobs happens first.
                      Agreed. Thats the fight id like to see ggg in next.

Comment

Working...
                      X