Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford vs. Broner: Bob Arum is Open To Making The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner was one of the only cable fights where viewership exceeded 1 million so I can see why Bob would make this fight. Broner is more popular and known and Crawford will be favored to win.

A great payday for both and the winner should land the Manny fight.

Comment

This is perfect for rob arum, kills two birds with one stone, it keeps those two fighters away from pac, because both would beat pac at this stage in his career. If crawford faces pac, that would be ppv, then he faces Broner, another ppv. Then crawford moves up to Welter for more ppv caliber fights since al and rob are working together. But pac's time as an elite boxer is OVER! Father Time always wins

Comment

It's a good move if Pac doesn't fight him. First of all, Pac is an old fighter, secondly he is a part time fighter, and lastly TC is in his prime, he's tall, kinda big, very powerful, and doesn't have a type of style that an old ATG should be looking for. Pac should fight some one like Lomachenko. Hear me out, I know Lomachenko is not a big name either, but unlike TC he is not big, he is not that powerful like he will not KO you. The Walters fight is fresh on people's memories, but also look at the Salido and Russell Jr fights, he couldn't drop them, he hurt Russell but he hit him very hard and could not drop him. It's also a good win to have because Lomachenko is the best amateur boxer of his generation and he has made a good name for himself as a pro. In other words, yes i'm saying Pac should fight Loma because it's the easier fight, both in terms of the punishment and the ease of selling it and because he's a part time fighter, he can't prepare properly for TC, he'll get KO'ed. Loma is no walk in the park boxing-wise, but if Pac does not train properly, worst case scenario is he gets thoroughly outboxed rather than stopped. Fans clearly love the smaller guy moving up to fight the bigger guy, so this will get fans attention

Crawford should be fighting guys like Spence, try making a name for himself. The Postol win was good, but he shouldn't follow that up with Molina and then Broner. He took his gimme fight in Molina, time to fight another good fighter. TC-Broner will gain attention for sure, but it won't do much for his resume, and TC is a great fighter who should be fighting other young great fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Crawford should be fighting Pacquiao next! Hopefully Pacquiao doesn't duck him! If he does though, I would love to see Crawford vs. Broner! The problem for Crawford is Burns wants Broner too, and so does Burns' promoter. I can see Broner choosing to fight Burns first, get the belt, and then negotiate with Arum. In a perfect world, we get Pacquiao vs. Crawford, Broner vs. Burns, and then hopefully, both Crawford and Broner move up to 147!
          Yep, let Broner get the WBA belt from Burns while Crawford snatches the IBF belt from Indongo. After that, big TC-AB fight for all the marbles. After that, move up or try lure Pacman with a chance at the 4 belts!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Crawford should be fighting Pacquiao next!
            Pac v Crawford (at 140) is far more likely than Broner v Crawford.

Roach said after the Postol fight that he didn't like a fight against Crawford straight away, but that after Pac had a tune-up, he would consider it.

Now that Pac's had thattune-up, he's now saying he likes it, and he likes it at 140 where he believes Pac will be faster and stronger.

So I don't see any hurdles in the Pac camp, and can't imagine Crawford won't be up for it, plus should be enough money to go around that everyone's happy - so can't see why it won't happen.

Comment

this is a ppv fight lets be honest ya crawford is the obvious favorite but broner style is one that could give him trouble. i honestly would love to see this fight

Comment

Sounds like everybody is a possibility for Pac and Crawford besides each other. Pac can go as high in weight as Canelo and as low as Loma. Crawford should fight Spence or Broner or unify. However, having them fight each other just isn't the fight to make. I don't know if this is "let it marinate" BS, but it's turning off boxing fans.... With that being said, Broner-Bud would be an awesome fight IF Broner takes it seriously. If he doesn't get his head on straight, he will be blowing massive amounts of potential...

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                  broner would take a sustained beating in this fight.
                  its possible but i honestly doubt it. i think crawford would win but i do think broner style would make it competitive

Comment

Originally posted by Edward90 View Post
                    Sounds like everybody is a possibility for Pac and Crawford besides each other. Pac can go as high in weight as Canelo and as low as Loma. Crawford should fight Spence or Broner or unify. However, having them fight each other just isn't the fight to make. I don't know if this is "let it marinate" BS, but it's turning off boxing fans.... With that being said, Broner-Bud would be an awesome fight IF Broner takes it seriously. If he doesn't get his head on straight, he will be blowing massive amounts of potential...
                    ya i think people overreact when it comes to things like this. as good as manny still is hes old now i think we overreact when aging fighters who have nothing left to prove only want to fight certain fights and i think as fans were not fair when it comes to this. seriously what does pac have left to prove? we need to quit holding guys going on 40 at the same standards as fighters in their prime its ridiculous. maybe im ridiculous for thinking this and its easy as a fan to want to see pac fight crawford but honestly i get it if pac doesnt and i dont think he should be bashed for it

Comment

Originally posted by taes View Post
                      I like this one. About the only fighter I can think of that could really embarrass Broner. That would be worth watching.
                      Didnt Maidana embarrass him enough?
                      TC beats Broner but he should take that fight anyway since a win over Crawford would make AB relevant again. (for boxing and not scandals)

Comment

Working...
                      X