Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev: Golovkin-Canelo is 50-50, Canelo Held His Own With GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    Kovalev helping GGG to get that Canelo fight by insinuating Canelo is at par with GGG.
    But Canelo knows better. He was the one who sparred and not Kovalev. He knows GGG is trouble for him.
    the **** the GGGooons believe.

Comment

So when is referring to sparring relevant? Kov disregarded being knocked down in sparring by GGG. Now, it's an indicator that GGG-Canelo is 50-50? It's too long ago to really matter anyway, but I wish there was more consistency with the value people put on certain aspects of boxing...

I'm glad he mentions that Canelo's level of opposition is better than that of GGG's. Although Canelo has left plenty to be desired recently as far as his opponents, he has a really good resume for a 26 year old and people tend to get spoiled to that. Anyway, GGG has his hands in many baskets trying to get fights. Hopefully, some of them will happen. I understand not wanting to get shafted at the negotiation table, but that resume won't get any better by saying that everyone is avoiding him... I hope 2017 brings it...

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
        Spoken by some won who knows and was there! Only thing is ggg is now older and Canelo is now entering his prime. I also believe Canelo will be stronger at 160 and have better stamina... I think Canelo wins this fight by unanimous decision
        Quit funny... GGG dropped Kovalev in sparring with bodyshot... Even his coach admitted it...

Comment

Oh ****, Kovalev has waged war against GGG fans

"But his oppnents are stronger than those of Gennady's"

Now the GGG fans who had Kovalev beating Ward will rewatch the fight and change their scorecards, having Ward winning. You shouldn't have said that Krusher

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            The biggest fight in boxing is still being negotiated for next September. Golden Boy Promotions and K2 Promotions are still working out the terms for an HBO Pay-Per-View fight between IBF, WBC, WBA, IBO middleweight champion Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin (36-0, 33KOs) and Mexican superstar Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (48-1-1, 34KOs).
            [Click Here To Read More]

I hope Kovalev did not just suddenly become a bum who DKSAB

Comment

Well Lamar Russ said it wasn't competitive so believe who you want

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                Spoken by some won who knows and was there! Only thing is ggg is now older and Canelo is now entering his prime. I also believe Canelo will be stronger at 160 and have better stamina... I think Canelo wins this fight by unanimous decision

he was a kid back when they sparred

Canelo is MUCH better now, he shows improvement every fight

and you're right, he will be better/stronger at 160

the weight matters

If that fight happened at 155, Canelo would knock Golovkin the fk out..... simply because Golovkin would be wrecked by the weight-loss..... THAT is why they refused to negotiate with Canelo on the weight, because they know all that 154-168 stuff is bullshht LMAO

if that fight happened now at 160, I would slightly favor GGG

but in 12-18 months, I would favor Canelo..... not 50/50

and I definitely agree with you on the result as well

that fight will go to a decision

Kovalev understands about levels

Comment

Originally posted by Edward90 View Post
                  So when is referring to sparring relevant? Kov disregarded being knocked down in sparring by GGG . Now, it's an indicator that GGG-Canelo is 50-50? It's too long ago to really matter anyway, but I wish there was more consistency with the value people put on certain aspects of boxing...

I'm glad he mentions that Canelo's level of opposition is better than that of GGG's. Although Canelo has left plenty to be desired recently as far as his opponents, he has a really good resume for a 26 year old and people tend to get spoiled to that. Anyway, GGG has his hands in many baskets trying to get fights. Hopefully, some of them will happen. I understand not wanting to get shafted at the negotiation table, but that resume won't get any better by saying that everyone is avoiding him... I hope 2017 brings it...

nope, Kovalev categorically denied it

and like you said, that sparring session was years ago..... Canelo is coming on real good, we see more from him every fight

Comment

I think Ward hit this guy a bit too hard.

Comment

Kovalev is clearly in a bad head space right now, taking shots like that. Here's what Doug Fisher from Ring ****zine had to say, "Golovkin hurt Canelo twice – first liver and then head. Canelo came out strong trying to hurt him right away. Then Golovkin got him with a nice liver shot and then a few head shots that made Canelo spar a lot more gently. It was awkward in the room. It was Golovkin’s first real sparring in America. It was also clear Golovkin was holding back." Regardless of them being 22 and 28, it happened. Lamar Russ said he also saw "Canelo take a beating in camp" from GGG. Everyone wants to talk about how much Canelo has improved--and that's true! But GGG has also improved the same if not more. What Golden Boy is trying to do, is what all BS promotions try to do...they dump belts then try to wait for the guy to get old and then take the fight. Only problem is, GGG is in shape year round and almost seems to be getting better. So this will be an awesome fight to watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X